Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

upping your sales threads with 'BANANA' or 'SOLD'

:

General

Closed Thread

Old March 21st, 2009, 20:52   #16
LUTNIT

In the sales rules Lisa's post says to edit the original post and add "banana" to the end of the post. Phalanx's post says do not edit the original post to add banana.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 06:45   #17
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
I have had people threaten to leave me negative feedback for flaking when all I asked for was a shipping estimate and then said no thank you. It can get ridiculous.
If you're still in the process of obtaining a final price (including shipping), then it wouldn't be flaking. Flaking is finalizing a deal and not following through with payment.

But there's no grounds for neg feedback if you don't like the shipping cost.

As for the rules on Banana'ing:

Quote:
1. Do not replace the price with "SOLD" or "--SOLD---" etc. Instead;
2. Edit your original post to include the word "banana" (without the quotes). This will enable mods to clear sold posts quicker by doing an automated search instead of sorting through each thread individually.
The original post should be edited, rather than Banana-bumping (although we haven't really cracked down on banana bumps)

Prices and post content should be left intact. Many many people still delete the post and replace it with "SOLD" or edit out the price to "$SPF" or "$SOLD" or something similar. This, too, has not been strictly enforced.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:16   #18
Lakonian
kos

If someone wastes your time, and then just stops communicating, that's worth a negative, IMHO. It's wasting people's time, and giving you false hope. Total piss off, especially if you need the money really badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Isn't it also against the rules to leave negative feedback for flakers? I have been seeing more and more sales posts with:

FLAKERS WILL RECEIVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!!!!

Generally, as soon as I see that I refuse to buy from the person. The item is not sold until cash is in hand, if you promise to sell it to everyone who inquires, your an idiot and are causing undue stress on YOURSELF. Several times I have had to cancel EMT's because the other guys payment got there first, last purchase I was beat by 8 minutes, I see that as totally fair.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:35   #19
KND
* AV revoked *

For me as seller, I never leave any negative feedback to my buyer even they decide to take and no cash on time, cancel the deal or shit happen, we never know about that.

I just never left one negative feedback to them. It's simple as that, once you are doing good to buyer then it's just a matter of time, they will come back to you.

It's not hard to just move to another buyer, just hit the reply button and sent the PM, that's all you need plus keep in mind that once you hold for a guy and other PM coming through asking you to buy item, just don't ignore it, told them that item has been SPF or whatever reason and also told them if previous buyer flake then I will move to you. That's just it.

It's mostly reason that I deserved 55 Positive trader rating, a few of them never done the deal with me. I always good to them and answer all questions even they decide not to take the deal. Again, it's just simple like that.

It's like Canadian Tire, you buy shit and just realize that you need cash for another reason then you return item, CT don't leave negative feedback, they happy to take it and refund. It's like buyer item on here as well, you decide to buy then you realized your wife or girlfriend need new clothes then you tell buyer , you want to cancel the deal. It's plain and simple to understand. Just cancel the deal and move to next buyer.

KND

Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:42   #20
mcguyver

The classifieds have not had the attention given to them by the staff sometimes. I've had sales adds that have sat for months, with the banana, banana bumps, etc. Sometimes they are very quick to go.

It would be nice if sellers had the ability to alter their thread title, and it would eliminate the need to view a thread only to find out at the end, somewhere, that an item is sold.

I consider flaking to be a back-out of a deal after a price has been agreed and payment info released. Up until that point, it's not flaking.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:45   #21
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I can agree, but buying here is different than buying in a store.

When someone commit to buying your shit, you say no to other people and you package the item in a box and wrap it all good so Canada Post won't break it. If you are like me, you make sure you will have the time to go to the post office in the next 24h during open houres, that mean doing some sacrifices.

If the persone back down after committing to buying, that mean I lost time and energy. And possibly money. Especially if I don't have a new buyer and the item comtinue to depreciate in value.

So, IMO, flakers deserve negative, or at the very least, neutral feedbacks.
If I'm not sure about an Item, I don't commit to buying and I simply ask questions or ask if the seller can hold it for me until I'm ready. I don't consider myself as a Wall-Mart, nor do I consider other sellers as wall-marts.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:01   #22
KND
* AV revoked *

Again, it's plan and simple. I never wrap any packages until payment has been clear ( clear mean receive in your bank account ) then I will pack, wrap and ready to hit Canada Post.

We're all scarified for this sport.

KND

Old March 22nd, 2009, 13:49   #23
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
Again, it's plan and simple. I never wrap any packages until payment has been clear ( clear mean receive in your bank account ) then I will pack, wrap and ready to hit Canada Post.

We're all scarified for this sport.

KND

Every seller is free to deal with it as they see fit. The "Flakers will receive neg fb" statement is a clear and fair warning, no seller is obligated to leave neg feedback for flakers, and potentially flaky buyers can take their business elsewhere if they don't like it.

That being said, the classified rules are clearly posted at the top of every Classified section.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 16:10   #24
Lisa
Looking for form T-whatev

As a seller I take deposits on stuff I sell, so I consider some one who flakes either some one who backs out of a deal after they've put down a deposit or paid for the item. If some one says yeah I want it, it's not sold until I either have 10% or full payment. As for bumping a thread with banana, thats fine, eventually we plan on having an automatic script move stuff for us from point a to point b every night and automatically prune threads that haven't had activity in 3 months
Old March 22nd, 2009, 19:29   #25
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc_ View Post
I've been told by admins here that bumps before the week limit to mark an item sold is allowed and to not report these posts. Would it be possible to have the rules post clarified and all admins given this information?
It's allowed, meaning we won't infract someone for posting to state that their product is sold, but the poster needs to realize that creating a new post to indicate the sold status is somewhat pointless and unnecessarily pushes other people's threads down when really, you're not adding any useful content.

Saying the item is sold can easily be edited in to the original post.
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General