Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Barrel Brands! Highest Accuracy?

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old January 28th, 2009, 00:23   #1
Dragate

Question Barrel Brands! Highest Accuracy?

Promethius, Systema....

JBU? Element! Deep fire, Madbullllll?

I have no idea about inner barrels and I need some help :P

I don't care much for fps, I'd rather get much higher accuracy... I heard somewhere Promethius bests systema?
How about the rest?
Could I get like a little list from best to worst?
Any other brands I missed?

Thanks for your time!!! =]
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:30   #2
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
Quote:
I heard somewhere Promethius bests systema?
Yes IMO.
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:33   #3
Amos

Three I use:

Madbull, Prometheus, PDI (6.05 not 01)
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:34   #4
LUTNIT

JBU = decent
SystemA = best bang for your buck
Prometheus = best of average priced ones
Element = probably crap, most of their stuff is
Deep Fire = ditto as Element
Madbull = I hear good things but I had a noticeable accuracy increase and a 20fps increase when I swapped the same length 6.03mm Madbull for a 6.03mm Prometheus
PDI = have one of their 6.01mm barrels in my M14, cost $150 to my door, amazing barrel but on cost versus performance a Prometheus is a much better choice

Everyone will say something good and something bad about every brand. I have first hand experience with every brand I mentioned other than Element and Deep Fire. I have installed and/or tested at least 15 SystemA barrels, around 10 Prometheus, 3 Madbull I think, 2 JBU, and one PDI.

There is an article on accuracy that says Madbull is the best there is, but the tests where performed by Madbull's main or at least one of their largest importers.

There have been many threads on this and they all say pretty much the same thing, SystemA if on a budget, Prometheus if you have a few spare dollars.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:36   #5
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

Prometheus and PDI. Inner barrels will up your performance and accuracy. Accuracy is mostly on you though.
Longer the barrel, the longer range and better groupings.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:50   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Element = probably crap, most of their stuff is
Maybe you should use one before you go around bad-mouthing it.

I've used 2, an M4 length and a PSG length, both were awesome.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 00:55   #7
LUTNIT

Longer range I have never found with longer barrels. An M4A1 shooting 400fps and an M16 shooting 400fps can get the BB's out to the same range, thing is what you can do with a single shot from an M16 can take 2-3 shots with an M4A1 and it grows at farther ranges. What you can hit with a burst from an M16 might take an entire lowcap in an M4 because of the grouping.

The hopup unit has more to do with range than the barrel. My TM M14 shooting 405fps can out range M16's shooting 400fps by a significant distance. Armalites tend to have terrible hopup units, its just an inefficient design to start with. Best hopup designs I have found are in an AUG and TM M14, Madmax says the TM P90 has the best design hes seen but I have never handled one so I can't say (I've owned a P90 but never took it apart or upgraded it.)

As for Element, I have never used one of their barrels but I have used their easily cracked bushings, gears that either don't fit at all or have the axles snap off, pistons that chip when I drop them off my desk, cylinders with burrs on the edges, and several other items. I have never used anything from them that I would want to put in a gun, but then again what can you say when a full set of gears costs $10-15. You might have lucked out and gotten good barrels but like my Madbull experience if you swap an Element 6.03mm for a Prometheus 6.03mm you will probably get a noticeable increase in performance.

Last edited by LUTNIT; January 28th, 2009 at 00:57..
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:11   #8
Dragate

Quote:
Madbull = I hear good things but I had a noticeable accuracy increase and a 20fps increase when I swapped the same length 6.03mm Madbull for a 6.03mm Prometheus
PDI = have one of their 6.01mm barrels in my M14, cost $150 to my door, amazing barrel but on cost versus performance a Prometheus is a much better choice
Hm, for the Madbul and Prometheus switch you talked about, do you mean the Madbull one had less fps and more accuracy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Accuracy is mostly on you though.
You mean my aim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Three I use:

Madbull, Prometheus, PDI (6.05 not 01)
Have you tried any others? Or do you mean out of ur experience, these are the ones you like most?

Quote:
Longer range I have never found with longer barrels. An M4A1 shooting 400fps and an M16 shooting 400fps can get the BB's out to the same range, thing is what you can do with a single shot from an M16 can take 2-3 shots with an M4A1 and it grows at farther ranges. What you can hit with a burst from an M16 might take an entire lowcap in an M4 because of the grouping.

The hopup unit has more to do with range than the barrel. My TM M14 shooting 405fps can out range M16's shooting 400fps by a significant distance. Armalites tend to have terrible hopup units, its just an inefficient design to start with. Best hopup designs I have found are in an AUG and TM M14, Madmax says the TM P90 has the best design hes seen but I have never handled one so I can't say (I've owned a P90 but never took it apart or upgraded it.)
Hm so I'm building an armalite atm, but I'm really hoping for insane accuracy and good groupings. M4's usually use the 363's right? With a 14.5 inch outer barrel. What if I went with the m16 length inner barrel and a silencer on the end of the m4 outer barrel, thus around 455 mm barel like the AK.

Really noob question: Can you fit TM m14 hopup's or even P90 hopups in m4's? Thnx =]

Thank you all!!!
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:17   #9
Sadiztix

if you don't break over 360fps tanio koba hop twist barrels are godlike
out of all i've used prometheus included they are my favorite
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:20   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragate View Post
Hm so I'm building an armalite atm, but I'm really hoping for insane accuracy and good groupings. M4's usually use the 363's right? With a 14.5 inch outer barrel. What if I went with the m16 length inner barrel and a silencer on the end of the m4 outer barrel, thus around 455 mm barel like the AK.

Really noob question: Can you fit TM m14 hopup's or even P90 hopups in m4's? Thnx =]
M16 length inner barrels are 510mm.

And no, you can't. That's why they're called M14 hopups or P90 hopups.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:26   #11
LUTNIT

The best accuracy I have seen with armalites is with M16 length inner barrels and King Arms hopup units. The King Arms hopup units have o-rings that seal the joint between the hopup unit and the mechbox and another that goes between the hopup unit and mag (though I don't see that one doing much.) This tight airseal gives the most consistent fps and acceleration of the BB increasing its accuracy.

And in my experience, though Madbull and Prometheus are both 6.03mm the Prometheus barrel offers superior accuracy and a higher fps boost (less air escaping around the BB.)
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:48   #12
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiztix View Post
if you don't break over 360fps tanio koba hop twist barrels are godlike
out of all i've used prometheus included they are my favorite
Where are those tanio koba hops sold?
And I doubt I'm breaking 360, I think max i'll go is 350 cuz i'm more for accuracy and I don't relaly give for fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
M16 length inner barrels are 510mm.

And no, you can't. That's why they're called M14 hopups or P90 hopups.
Hm 15" barrel = 381 mm + 150mm on silencer = 530...
Would be funny if I went with like a 20" Outer M16 a2 style barrel with 150mm silencer... 650 mm psg1+ barrel LOL!

snipe!
ya so I think m16 will do me fine, or maybe ak? When they say 455 mm barrell ak, do they just mean that's what ak uses? You can use it in m4 right?

Quote:
The best accuracy I have seen with armalites is with M16 length inner barrels and King Arms hopup units. The King Arms hopup units have o-rings that seal the joint between the hopup unit and the mechbox and another that goes between the hopup unit and mag (though I don't see that one doing much.) This tight airseal gives the most consistent fps and acceleration of the BB increasing its accuracy.

And in my experience, though Madbull and Prometheus are both 6.03mm the Prometheus barrel offers superior accuracy and a higher fps boost (less air escaping around the BB.)
I have a G&P metal hopup. I guess the metal does nothign eh? Do you suggest getting a king arms m4/16 hopup? Like will it make a significant difference?

--------------------------------------------
Thank youuu!!!
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:19   #13
Donster

Prometheus is the tried and true barrel company. Basically, you can do no wrong buying one of these.
KM is a solid performer on par with Prometheus (reviews on the net have confirmed this)
PDI is high quality. Get 6.05 for accuracy and 6.01 for FPS increase. I personally dont see the point in paying their ridiculous prices when Prometheus will provide the same level of performance if not better at a lower cost.
Madbull is a solid barrel company. I have heard nth but good from them despite the fact they are relatively new to the barrel world.
Systema IMHO are not that great. Decent performance and a noticeable performance increase from the stock barrel, but not near as good as the aforementioned barrels

For pistols, get either Madbull or KM. For AEGs, stick with Prometheus and you can do no wrong. Hope that helps
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:22   #14
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Prometheus ranks very high in my books, to this date I have yet to have any issues with any products created by LayLax. Whenever I need a new part I usually try to see if there is one made by LayLax first.

Systema has always been a word that I related to another word, that word being quality. To date I have had no issues with any parts. Unfortunetly systema is also brings another word into my head, and that word is "whore" but lets not get into that right now. If you choose systema rest assured you will be bying quality.

Madbull, mixed feelings. Innerl barrels can be good or bad, its sort of random if you get a good or bad one, the bad ones can be misshapen or have burrs if I recall correctly, however if you recieve a defective barrel you can send it in and get a replacement from madbull.

Im also surprised noone here has mentioned it yet. If you wish your shots to stay more true, make sure to use a higher BB weight, yes it will slow down the BB but the BB will also be less affected by wind and other small things like grass and twigs while on route to its target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Maybe you should use one before you go around bad-mouthing it.

I've used 2, an M4 length and a PSG length, both were awesome.
So if you equate Element with being awesome, how does a company brand like prometheus score for you? Is it like super ten times awesome? Thirty times awesome?

Or is it a sensation that is so amazing that you simply cannot wrap your head around it because its so fantastic your body is litterally burning with agony. Yes, thats right, its so freaking good it hurts, a pain that is so bad that it is litterally undescribeable. Something considerably more diverting than lumbago or irritable bowel, punctuated by iregular bursts of incandescent or meta-agony as if your own private being is hosting its own personal private armageddon. Something along the lines of being a thousand times worse than having all your teeth drilled at once,having your skin flayed off while someone nicks at your eye balls with a razor blade, while at the same time your having your testicles/vadge nailed to a refrigerator, and that would be only the tip of the iceberg.

I guess its safe to assume that if you think Element is awesome, simply comming with in 3 feet of a prometheus product would cause your corporeal form to writh in agony and joy so much from how great a quality product it is that you would simply implode in on yourself.

"Its only a little bit on fire"

Last edited by TokyoSeven; January 28th, 2009 at 02:44..
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:48   #15
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
Prometheus is the tried and true barrel company. Basically, you can do no wrong buying one of these.
KM is a solid performer on par with Prometheus (reviews on the net have confirmed this)
PDI is high quality. Get 6.05 for accuracy and 6.01 for FPS increase. I personally dont see the point in paying their ridiculous prices when Prometheus will provide the same level of performance if not better at a lower cost.
Madbull is a solid barrel company. I have heard nth but good from them despite the fact they are relatively new to the barrel world.
Systema IMHO are not that great. Decent performance and a noticeable performance increase from the stock barrel, but not near as good as the aforementioned barrels
Hm k got it.
I don't understand the Barrel diameter tho. Larger = more accuracy and tighter groupings? Smaller = FPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Prometheus ranks very high in my books, to this date I have yet to have any issues with any products created by LayLax. Whenever I need a new part I usually try to see if there is one made by LayLax first.

Systema has always been a word that I related to another word, that word being quality. To date I have had no issues with any parts. Unfortunetly systema is also brings another word into my head, and that word is "whore" but lets not get into that right now. If you choose systema rest assured you will be bying quality.

Madbull, mixed feelings. Innerl barrels can be good or bad, its sort of random if you get a good or bad one, the bad ones can be misshapen or have burrs if I recall correctly, however if you recieve a defective barrel you can send it in and get a replacement from madbull.

Im also surprised noone here has mentioned it yet. If you wish your shots to stay more true, make sure to use a higher BB weight, yes it will slow down the BB but the BB will also be less affected by wind and other small things like grass and twigs while on route to its target.

So if you equate Element with being awesome, how does a company brand like prometheus score for you? Is it like super ten times awesome? Thirty times awesome?
Hm so Prometheus, then Systema, and maybe Madbull, cuz they're new.
And yes I was aware of bb weight differences =] thank you ^^

Quote:
Or is it a sensation that is so amazing that you simply cannot wrap your head around it because its so fantastic your body is litterally burning with agony. Yes, thats right, its so freaking good it hurts, a pain that is so bad that it is litterally undescribeable. Something considerably more diverting than lumbago or irritable bowel, punctuated by iregular bursts of incandescent or meta-agony as if your own private being is hosting its own personal private armageddon. Something along the lines of being a thousand times worse than having all your teeth drilled at once,having your skin flayed off while someone nicks at your eye balls with a razor blade, while at the same time your having your testicles/vadge nailed to a refrigerator, and that would be only the tip of the iceberg.

I guess its safe to assume that if you think Element is awesome, simply comming with in 3 feet of a prometheus product would cause your corporeal form to writh in agony and joy so much from how great a quality product it is that you would simply implode in on yourself.
LMFAOZ
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications