Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Polar Star HPA Drop in V2 Kit

:

General

Old August 31st, 2012, 09:42   #16
SuperHog

As long as that hose requires you to attach a paintball tank to it most airsofters won't touch it for lack of realism. I am sure PS is going to come out with a 1911 pistol that also needs a hose to operate it.

When I pick up a M4, I want to hold it and shoot it, not attach a coil hose to it.

Why couldn't PS just put HPA in a modified GBBR magazine to eliminate the tank?

Last edited by SuperHog; August 31st, 2012 at 09:45..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 09:57   #17
m102404
Tys

I'm not a fan of things with extra hoses/wires/etc...but on that same note tons of guys have comm lines/lanyards/hydration lines/packs/belts/etc...all over them anyways.

I've got two in the workshop right now...they're very impressive re. build quality and design. The setup/electronics are very simple and it works.

There's noise and all that...no real action to speak of. Sort of like a PTW (switch trigger, instant shot, etc...). Very consistent FPS delivery. And it's fun on a SAW like setup. In fact...that's where I'd see it having the most appeal. To lay in with a lot of rounds without having to worry about mechboxes/batteries...that's cool.

I'd run one on a SAW in a heartbeat...I wouldn't use it for an M4.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:17   #18
SuperHog

I think the PS is going to have to evolve before airsofters would consider it.

The $400 drop in unit does not include the extra cost for the coil hose and HPA tank and a scuba tank which you need to lug around. Only paintball fields have CO2 and HPA fills on site.

On my AEG, just have an extra battery in my admin pouch that is my back up all day. For GBBR owners, packing gas cans is easy.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:21   #19
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
As long as that hose requires you to attach a paintball tank to it most airsofters won't touch it for lack of realism. I am sure PS is going to come out with a 1911 pistol that also needs a hose to operate it.

When I pick up a M4, I want to hold it and shoot it, not attach a coil hose to it.

Why couldn't PS just put HPA in a modified GBBR magazine to eliminate the tank?
If you have the coin there is this custom shop that have GBBR that is powered by the shell/magazine eject system just like the real thing unfortunately their custom rifle starts at $5500 + Mags + Shells

The PS system is byfar teh most efficient and problem free when it comes to operation unlike teh Daytona gun gas there is very little parts/seals that can breakdown, they have CNC parts ready unlike the other GBBR utilizing pot metal, they use HPA instead of Propane and NO cool down effect, the only downside is the coils but I'm ok with it, it's like going back in time playing with my JAC. The fun part about the PS system is on a AEG set up you can run your regular mags instead of the expensive yet fragile GBBR mags. I've put a PS on a stoner SMG eventhough the boxmag was having a hard time keeping up with the gun the solid stream of bbs with the range and accuracy to boot is a dream every airsofter have, I'm almost tempted to say that the amount of white death being put downrange can easily put a PTW to shame.

Last edited by wildcard; August 31st, 2012 at 10:25..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:27   #20
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
I think the PS is going to have to evolve before airsofters would consider it.

The $400 drop in unit does not include the extra cost for the coil hose and HPA tank and a scuba tank which you need to lug around. Only paintball fields have CO2 and HPA fills on site.

On my AEG, just have an extra battery in my admin pouch that is my back up all day. For GBBR owners, packing gas cans is easy.
60oz tank can easily shoot over 3000 shots, on the stoner box mag (1500) I went through almost 4 mags worth before the HPA level drop too low to propel the bbs past 25ft
the tight seal and the efficiency of the system will allow it to only use a very small amount of air to propel the bbs

Last edited by wildcard; August 31st, 2012 at 10:31..
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:49   #21
Grudge
multitech

Everywhere I have seen these discussed it has always been in a sniper rifle setup. Guys like the consistent power they offer, as well as the smooth trigger responce. And they don't seem to care about the line and external tank.

I think it has more to do with the extremely high FPS you can get out of them.
One guy was talking about getting 425fps with .6 BB's, and hitting guys at 400+ feet.
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:06   #22
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by multitech View Post
Everywhere I have seen these discussed it has always been in a sniper rifle setup. Guys like the consistent power they offer, as well as the smooth trigger responce. And they don't seem to care about the line and external tank.

I think it has more to do with the extremely high FPS you can get out of them.
One guy was talking about getting 425fps with .6 BB's, and hitting guys at 400+ feet.
Well I have one being worked on a Socom Gear M82A1, the first time I got this I jerry rigged a innerbarrel to the High output nozzle and fired it in my backyard at one of those heavy claypot planters you buy at Rona (at least 1.75"thick) the distance was over a 35ft pool plus some green space so approximately 70ft with the experimental bastard .66 silicas, the result was quite shocking apparently the first shock cracked the pot but I didn't notice it (no scope) the second one a huge chunk of the claypot broke off. I chrony the jerry rigged contraption it was shooting at an insane speed of 458fps with the highpower nozzle this could have been that teh barrel was pushed right into the nozzle with very little or no movement (so no air seal loss), I was actually glad that I bought three other nozzle as this one would have been absolute no no on the field. The other three were a lot milder ranging from 369fps/.25 to 420fps w/.25

I'm actually looking forward to their V3/LMG release which was delayed, I want a few for my piggies and the M240B

Last edited by wildcard; August 31st, 2012 at 11:10..
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:41   #23
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I got my drop in kit in the mail today, and I'll have the M240 kit in the mail next week.
Can't wait to test this puppy out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post

I'm actually looking forward to their V3/LMG release which was delayed, I want a few for my piggies and the M240B
My source has an M240 FE in stock
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 13:54   #24
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrajr122 View Post
I got my drop in kit in the mail today, and I'll have the M240 kit in the mail next week.
Can't wait to test this puppy out.

My source has an M240 FE in stock
I'm no 12 on the waiting list, Im waiting for 4 of the V3 and 2 of the M240B kit
Old August 31st, 2012, 14:00   #25
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Shit man, converting every gun you have over to P*?

I am still waiting on the G3 parts then I'll be picking up another V2. I have been bugging P* for G3 parts for over 2 years now >_>
Old August 31st, 2012, 14:19   #26
Amos

I want V3 AK
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 14:52   #27
wildcard

Quote:
Shit man, converting every gun you have over to P*?

I am still waiting on the G3 parts then I'll be picking up another V2. I have been bugging P* for G3 parts for over 2 years now >_>
nah some are mine some belong to some friends just pooled it together to get better pricing
Old September 4th, 2012, 20:52   #28
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Its alive!!

I need to get the tank changed tomorrow then I'll probably end up draining it plinking in my yard.

Old September 6th, 2012, 00:16   #29
wildcard

Quote:
Its alive!!

I need to get the tank changed tomorrow then I'll probably end up draining it plinking in my yard.

for asthetics reason you can hide your hose through your slings or via hydration hose to your pack, looks great man.
Old September 6th, 2012, 18:17   #30
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I am not to worried about the air line :P
Thanks though!

I am more worried about the FCU/LiPo flopping about in that massive stock, makes a lot of noise and the FCU cable is not quite long enough to get it out of the stock for access to the battery connectors.
Time to buy a replacement stock :P

Looks like I'll have to do the Heat shrink mod on the selector plate as well, I can only get semi out of it. Oh well, I knew that might be an issue going into it.

She shoots GREAT though, I can't wait to get the hopup, rubber, and barrel switched out to a full Promi setup.

Edit:

Fixed auto, results....

Last edited by Cobrajr122; September 8th, 2012 at 23:28..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General