Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 AEG w/ recoil/blowback suggestions, help!

:

Newbie Tank

Old November 28th, 2016, 00:33   #61
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Practical as in with the lower rate of fire?
If that is the case I shoot semi most of the time.
R-Hop
You gotta remember that your semi-auto trigger response will be slower too. Won't feel as snappy as the 11.1v.
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 00:57   #62
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
Man, that sounds sweet!
Honestly it is. When I R-hopped my first gun I never knew how good it was. I had my G&P Magpul M4 at a game which was shooting under 350fps and a buddy of mine asked me if he could compare my R-Hop to his Flat Hop.

He was running a polar star shooting under 400fps using 0.3g with his flat hop.
I asked to use his BBs because I was runing 0.25g.

OMG when we did the test my gun was shooting further than his and it was shooting about 50fps lower.

So that day I knew if your going to put any performance upgrade at all in your gun... it better be an R-Hop. That and run only 0.3g BBs or heavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydock View Post
You gotta remember that your semi-auto trigger response will be slower too. Won't feel as snappy as the 11.1v.
Yhaa thats true. I do recall situations where I wish I was a tad faster lol
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 21:50   #63
Rydock

I'm considering to rear-wire my PTS erg. Kind of want to go for a cleaner look without the PEQ box. Anybody have any info one the best way to do this? I might email KWA to see if I can order an RM4A1 buffer tube.
Old November 30th, 2016, 22:12   #64
Rydock

What kind of gearbox upgrades have you guys done to your RM4s, if any? I have my gearbox cracked open right now because I'm rewiring it to the rear and I'm considering to replace the piston head to a ported one and probably change out the trigger to a flat one.
Old November 30th, 2016, 22:28   #65
shelcoof

None at all. The RM4's Gearbox and internals seem to be pretty beefed up compared to other brands.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

However I do know guys who have upgraded the motor on their RM4s though.

I never felt the need to do it. Then again I'm not all too fussed about having a high ROF either or having a really quick trigger response.

btw can you snap of photos of your rear wiring work? I maybe interested in doing it myself
Old November 30th, 2016, 23:10   #66
Rydock

Yeah I've never felt needing anything more. I've been pretty happy with the performance with this gun. I just felt the piston head looks a bitch sketchy when I inspected it. I'm actually thinking about installing a mosfet while I'm at it.

This is the stage I'm at right now:

Already have a clear idea of how I will route it to the rear. Just have to replace one of the trigger contact leads with longer wire. The receiver and sling plate will need a slight amount of filing for the wires to move freely.

KWA emailed me back about the RM4A1 buffer tube assembly and they said they will try to make it available for purchase in the next few days or so. For now, I'm just going to have it so that the wires will have to be very slightly visible coming out of the receiver and into the stock I will use.

I decided to take my time with this little project. I'm considering to paint my receivers while I'm at it. Should be done by the weekend. Will update with pics.
Old November 30th, 2016, 23:45   #67
shelcoof

Keep us updated with this build. Is there a price on the buffer tube? Interested in rear wiring my gun as well.

Only gripe I have is that I love the Magpul CRT stock. I know I'll need to get me a crane.
Old December 1st, 2016, 01:49   #68
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Keep us updated with this build. Is there a price on the buffer tube? Interested in rear wiring my gun as well.

Only gripe I have is that I love the Magpul CRT stock. I know I'll need to get me a crane.
No idea but I'm guessing it will be around $20 USD considering they sell standard AEG tubes for about that much. I'm willing to wager that shipping will be astronomical for it ($47 flat rate for larger items), but I'm going to see if I can get them to lower it for me. If not, I've got some ideas to hide the wire without the that buffer tube. Won't be as clean, but will be barely noticeable.

As for the CTR stock, there is another one called the STR. Same general design as the CTR but with crane style wings around the cheek weld. I'm sure you could cram a nunchuck into those.
Old December 1st, 2016, 03:56   #69
Rydock

shelcoof: Are you able to record a quick clip of your firing your gun? I'm still debating about getting a mosfet and I'm curious how the trigger response is with the ERG. If you can't, it's all good.
Old December 1st, 2016, 15:58   #70
shelcoof

Quote:
shelcoof: Are you able to record a quick clip of your firing your gun? I'm still debating about getting a mosfet and I'm curious how the trigger response is with the ERG. If you can't, it's all good.
I could have it posted later tonight when I free up some time.

Just a note though I'm using the Extreme Fire LYNX on my RM4. I know I've said this before but I'm going to say this again I own both the Nano ASR and the Extreme Fire LYNX.

I've installed the Nano ASR on my VFC KAC PDW and have swapped it out for an Extreme Fire LYNX so the mosfet could fit inside the rails.

I found there was a significant improvement of the ROF and trigger response when switching to the LYNX.

Performance with the Nano ASR the gun felt like it was chugging with a 7v lipo.

My VFC is pretty much stock gearbox with the stock Black VFC Motor.

So keep this in mind when watching the video.

https://youtu.be/x1jlXgfEaVg

https://youtu.be/2jnEHbCE6Vo

Last edited by shelcoof; December 1st, 2016 at 19:29..
Old December 4th, 2016, 01:31   #71
Rydock

^Oh man you actually posted the videos! I don't know how this completely slipped past me. Thank you!

I'm almost done with my rear-wiring build. Will be posting the progress photos of the actual job after I'm done. This is very doable as long as you are willing to put in the work and planning.

Anyways here is a teaser photo. I got bored of black and decided to give it a little paint job.

Last edited by Rydock; December 4th, 2016 at 01:34..
Old December 4th, 2016, 02:02   #72
shelcoof

Quote:
^Oh man you actually posted the videos! I don't know how this completely slipped past me. Thank you!

I'm almost done with my rear-wiring build. Will be posting the progress photos of the actual job after I'm done. This is very doable as long as you are willing to put in the work and planning.

Anyways here is a teaser photo. I got bored of black and decided to give it a little paint job.

The paint job still looks black in the photo lol but it does look a lot shinier

I actually found a video I did of the ROF with the Gates NANO ASR that was not published on my channel

https://youtu.be/Q-Kct0oNWgc

I couldn't believe how low the ROF was on the VFC KAC PDW with a 7v battery so I did up the video to show a Friend who is the local Gun Tech in our area.
Old December 4th, 2016, 02:16   #73
Rydock

Oh jeez I hope this isn't another one of those "white and gold dress" optical fiascoes. It's like a metallic DD style FDE or burnt bronze finish. Should be more apparently when I have the gun fully assembled to contrast with the black furniture.

Your ERG does seem to be a snappier than stock. I can't put in a mosfet at this time though because the stock I used only has just enough room for a PEQ sized battery and the wiring. I could probably make a little more room with a dremel in the future, but right now I just want to finish this gun. Might end up throwing in a ported piston head, last minute, as a placebo of efficiency to myself.

7.4v seems to be super slow in the VFC even by stock standards. I wonder why.
Old December 4th, 2016, 02:28   #74
shelcoof

I can dig that sort of bronz look. Before I got the ERG I actually wanted a VFC Platinum Grey. Loved the look shame no retailers had it at the time. But it was okay.. I got me the ERG instead lol

ERG snappier? Maybe its the motor height? Shim job? But to be honest I did nothing to the Gearbox... I did check the shims but it all seemed to mesh really well already so I left it alone.

Yhaa once I replaced the NANO ASR with the LYNX the ROF went back to a good rate with the 7v lipo.
Old December 4th, 2016, 20:38   #75
VMV2014

Hello
I posted thread about homemade EBB for AEG, unfortunately I don't have M4, but I did EBB for all AEG currently I have (AK, MP40, MP44 and M14), you can get ideas from my post
VMV2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank