Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M4 AEG w/ recoil/blowback suggestions, help!

:

Newbie Tank

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 26th, 2016, 19:54   #46
Rydock
 
Rydock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Damn that is really nice looking. I'm going to take some new snaps of mine. We should really start an ERG thread of something.
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 20:06   #47
Rydock
 
Rydock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Here are some quick and dirty snapshots of mine in its current configuration.






Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 20:10   #48
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydock View Post
Here are some quick and dirty snapshots of mine in its current configuration.






Wow beautiful!

Its funny both of ours are almost identical with the only difference is yours having a longer barrel and different rail. Everything else almost the same.

The flash hider is quit nice on yours.

If you look at mine closely you can see the wires and the mosfet due to the big vents on the Fortis Rail.
I don't mind it too much but I know for some they just want those wires hidden

Last edited by shelcoof; November 26th, 2016 at 20:14..
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 20:15   #49
Rydock
 
Rydock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Wow beautiful!

Its funny both of ours are almost identical with the only difference is yours having a longer barrel and different rail. Everything else almost the same.

The flash hider is quit nice on yours.
Literally just just put that flash hider on last night. Not sure how I feel about it. Makes my barrel look a little too long and it's already 1/2" longer than a standard M4 without it because I had to put and small extension on it to clear my inner barrel. I'm considering cutting and crowning my inner barrel, but all it will do is save me half an inch. It also makes the balance of my rifle a little front heavy with it being steel as opposed to my old featherweight aluminium one.
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 20:24   #50
Rydock
 
Rydock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
If you look at mine closely you can see the wires and the mosfet due to the big vents on the Fortis Rail.
I don't mind it too much but I know for some they just want those wires hidden
Do what I did and cover all you visible wires and plugs with large pieces of heat shrink tubing. It really helps to hide it all. I also have my wires shortened to what I'd foreseeably need.

In one of my pictures, you can see a little bit of red wire. I left it like that intentionally so that I could see if my bullet connectors ever came loose. I have them protected with clear airline tubing so they can never short if you ever manage to get pulled while a battery is plugged in.
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 20:33   #51
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Better looking than the stock birdcage flash hider. It adds a nice unique look to the gun.

But I get you about the length and balance of the gun. My secondary focus when building a gun is weight and size. The smaller and lighter makes gaming those long hot hours much easier

You have a gun that isn't balanced its just going to make playing more annoying. That's one reason why I added the Silencer on my KAC PDW give it a bit more balance.
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2016, 21:06   #52
Rydock
 
Rydock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
Roughly 150 CAD after tax, duty, and shipping. Personally I think it worths the money, but still, it was not cheap.
Would you happen to have an extra one you want to get rid of?
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:22   #53
porch20000
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydock View Post
Would you happen to have an extra one you want to get rid of?
Haha, sorry man. I'm even thinking about getting another set for DMR setting...

Btw, my bro and I bought the last two rear wired ERGs from b2airsoft under 400 CAD, now they are out. I guess it is much cheaper without the Magpul branding on the rifle.

The felt recoil does increase a lot, I'd say 30%, but it is so subjective. I like the enhanced recoil not because it shakes way more - it kicks staight back to the shoulder now and the prompt, explosive energy you feel the exact second you break the trigger, much like a short-stroked GBB.
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:42   #54
porch20000
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Some collections of my EBBs:


My favorite ERG, it molds into my hands. I don't know, when I shoot with it, it just feels right. I love the ROMEO sight by Sig Sauer too. Auto on and off with motion activated function, never failed.







Lonex EBB with BO DYNIMICS branding, probably a rare one found in Canada, the crisp recoil is heaven-like. Some people thought it's GBB with only 2 meters away!







Lonex EBB with own branding. This one is the polymer version. The trigger response is of course great because I installed the mosfet, but I would not suggest you to use mosfet on any given EBB with simulated recoil. For some reason, it will take away the felt recoil greatly.







Another LONEX EBB with own branding. This one is full metal version though. The recoil is even worse. Don't buy it. The recoil kit was sold separately, so I'd suggest just go with the ERG unless you can find the BO DYNAMICS version. Don't even try HEROOUTDOORS, I bought their last one!





BOLT "HEAVY" BRSS, good shaking momentum, but you will feel the recoil coming from the lower receiver, not the tube. Strange feeling when shooting semi, but with burst? Man, the Eotech reticle will almost bounce out of your sight! The barrel will literally dance up and down, so your weak hand will enjoy the recoil more than your strong hand - I told you it's weird, didn't I? I would say it gives the most satisfying experience with burst mode out of all my EBBs.





ERG again, trying to go back to an old-school look, but clearly I failed. Still can't get rid of the reeks of poor tacticool attempts.





Sorry it's ERG again. This one is very light weight and super comfortable to grip. Got no battery box to block your field of view, and the stock is not bulky either. Good balance to hold, very easy to point and aim when switch among multiple targets. Accurate by design because of the simple mod I did for the inner and outer barrel. Just love it. The Inforce flashlight is a must have! Go with the newest version though - they fixed the cracking problems and now it is built to last! I got the 700 lumin one with NV compatibility. Don't try to turn it on when you got mirrors around, the reflection of the beam kept me blind for a few seconds! The M-lok rail handguard is very very slim and low profile. It also allows me to mount the Inforce light with 45 degree angle without the need to mount a bulky offset rail first, good buy!





BOLT HEAVY BRSS KNIGHT URX 3.1, beautiful piece, pictures coming soon.

Last edited by porch20000; November 27th, 2016 at 05:26.. Reason: Add comments
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 03:57   #55
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
Haha, sorry man. I'm even thinking about getting another set for DMR setting...

Btw, my bro and I bought the last two rear wired ERGs from b2airsoft under 400 CAD, now they are out. I guess it is much cheaper without the Magpul branding on the rifle.

The felt recoil does increase a lot, I'd say 30%, but it is so subjective. I like the enhanced recoil not because it shakes way more - it kicks staight back to the shoulder now and the prompt, explosive energy you feel the exact second you break the trigger, much like a short-stroked GBB.
Okay yhaa I get what your saying. Very nice description of the recoil. I really want to try it out and see for my self lol.

I just realized why I like the ERG so much. You get some sort of feedback letting you know you fired off at least one bullet.

I'm particularly picky with my GBB Pistols. I love pistols that kick nice and hard its so satisfying. I've gotten rid of several pistols in my collection that had very weak kick. KSC G17 I'm looking at you!

Question you ever compared 7v and 11v batteries?

I find with the 7v batteries the recoil is a bit heavier due to the slower ROF.
11v I find too quick and vibrates a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
Some collections of my EBBs:
Is that the stock rails that come with the new ERG?

Edit: Took a closer look looks like a madbull DD rail?
I have the OMEGA Rail on my G&P Magpul M4

Last edited by shelcoof; November 27th, 2016 at 04:00..
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 04:57   #56
porch20000
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Okay yhaa I get what your saying. Very nice description of the recoil. I really want to try it out and see for my self lol.

I just realized why I like the ERG so much. You get some sort of feedback letting you know you fired off at least one bullet.

I'm particularly picky with my GBB Pistols. I love pistols that kick nice and hard its so satisfying. I've gotten rid of several pistols in my collection that had very weak kick. KSC G17 I'm looking at you!

Question you ever compared 7v and 11v batteries?

I find with the 7v batteries the recoil is a bit heavier due to the slower ROF.
11v I find too quick and vibrates a lot more.


Is that the stock rails that come with the new ERG?

Edit: Took a closer look looks like a madbull DD rail?
I have the OMEGA Rail on my G&P Magpul M4
You got that right, 7.4V does make you feel the recoil more, but not very practical in combat. I usually go with 11.1v 15C. I'd go with 9.6 Nimh for the best result but it's kinda out of date.

The same reason I love ERG so much for its bolt stop function! It adds the realism and fun (or should I say pleasant pressure?) Don't forget to hit the bolt release after changing the mag! I still forgot to do it sometimes and just pulled the trigger with no response, then the f word coming from my mouth...

Strangely, this awkward moment never happened when I was using GBBRs, I guess that's because the last shot emptied by GBBR actually sounds and feels different, and that's the cue for me to change mags, and rock the bolt right back to where it belongs. Getting familiar to different systems or platforms is also part of the game I enjoy (well, sometimes).

And yes, that is DD rail by madbull, good eyes!

Last edited by porch20000; November 27th, 2016 at 05:19.. Reason: Comments added!
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 16:27   #57
Mikeylikes
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Unionville
any experience with Tremors recoil kit ?
Mikeylikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 19:20   #58
porch20000
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeylikes View Post
any experience with Tremors recoil kit ?
Believe it or not, I got first-hand experience from the beginning of its R&D process back in 2010-2011. Modify was working with a guy called Tiger who I was quite familiar with. Tried the kit on G&G polymer M4 and CA EBB M4. I tried them for field combat tests. It worked ok but don't even think it would survive the torture test. But that was done in Taiwan where the standard was so much higher than it is in North America. FPS of 500 was pretty common (not sniper setting!), and the stock guns before tunings or upgrades are at least above 400. Semi auto was rarely used, not even burst. ROF of 28-32 was easily done and found necessary for valid kills.

Not recommended. The optimal spring to use is M130 and the ROF can't exceed 13. Your problem will not be the piston or gears, it's gonna be the bearings. Only ceramic Ball bearings can hold over 10,000 rounds and regular one-piece bearings will do harm to the gearbox shell.

Last edited by porch20000; November 27th, 2016 at 19:31..
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 23:34   #59
shelcoof
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by porch20000 View Post
You got that right, 7.4V does make you feel the recoil more, but not very practical in combat. I usually go with 11.1v 15C. I'd go with 9.6 Nimh for the best result but it's kinda out of date.


And yes, that is DD rail by madbull, good eyes!
Practical as in with the lower rate of fire?
If that is the case I shoot semi most of the time.
R-Hop
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2016, 00:59   #60
porch20000
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelcoof View Post
Practical as in with the lower rate of fire?
If that is the case I shoot semi most of the time.
R-Hop
Man, that sounds sweet!
porch20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.