Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Post your PLA loadouts

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Old June 3rd, 2011, 15:25   #151
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
MP5's are used by Swats all over China (Including Hong Kong etc etc) That is a known fact. However, the amount used is not very high.

I would not doubt that the PLA use MP5's here and there, however I doubt you will ever be able to find a video, photo, statement etc etc that notes its usage. It's just a big enough number to be documented.

This is airsoft, not cosplay, you don't have to have everything exact. If you want to be like that then by all means, but I'd sudgest saving up and start searching for buy REAL loadout gear and not replicas.

For now just get a damn gun, make sure it works well, get out to play, get experience then worry about eveyrthing else
Yeah, I totally agree, that's why I said the fact that it's not realistic per se doesn't offset the fact that MP5 is up there along with my other favorite SMGs such as MP7 and QCW-05. I still might get it just for the ease of reselling a popular gun.

Even if its unrealistic, if I were to really put it under scrutiny, PLA don't carry QBZ97, or especially QBZ97B's. So there is really not much a difference between my choices right now.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 15:52   #152
Kingsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
Yeah, I totally agree, that's why I said the fact that it's not realistic per se doesn't offset the fact that MP5 is up there along with my other favorite SMGs such as MP7 and QCW-05. I still might get it just for the ease of reselling a popular gun.
MP7 is a horrible choice for a starting weapon it lacks the power of a AEG because it is a Automatic electric pistol. It has a scaled down AEG mechbox and will at most shoot 200-300fps I've heard upgraded ones shoot 350fps if you can source upgrade parts. Getting replacement parts if something breaks will require parts from TM. TM doesn't give a flying fuck about sales outside of Japan so have fun sourcing replacement parts. The other MP7 is a Gas Blow back but I heard it's hard to get. The MP5 would be the better choice it has a Standard Version 2 gearbox common in ARs so replacement parts won't be hard to find. As for realism if you can't afford around $550 for the cheapest real sword rifle you should just get something else so you can at least play at operation rino this year.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 18:30   #153
Short Round
Najohn

Can't go wrong with a MP7 GBB. But all aegs including the TMs are horrid. Honestly you can get a good cheap MP5 for 300+. I know JG MP5s are like 250 ish or something like that, plastic body but I think the internals are good still (aka metal) so egh honestly I'd keep it and then once the type 88 comes out use your mp5 as a back up for the type 88.
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 19:02   #154
kaiu

You can look at the following link to plan what kind of aeg/gbb you want....
http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=93431

It IS outdated though, and some prices are a bit cheaper now.

Last edited by kaiu; June 3rd, 2011 at 19:07..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 21:41   #155
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

PLA doesn't use 97/97B, thats true, however they are the export version of the issued 95/95B( 95B are being used as the on board weapon by the PLA Navy, kinda like the CQB-R/MK18 in the US navy), so if you wanna cosplay PLA then they are the best choices. Again, PAP IS NOT PLA, PLA don't use any MP5 and their variants( my friends in PLA told me their SF tested MP5 and despised it).You can use MP5 when you cosplay PAP,SWAT and HK SDU.

As your first airsoft gun, I'd suggest something not too cheap but with decent quality, do not start with any GBBR/GBB-SMG, once they broke down its hard to fix by yourself. G&P/Classic Army would be a good choice, not very high end stuff, easy to find spare parts. My personal preference would be a RS product anytime, their price is not expensive and the quality are the best(even compare with systema, I can imagine the RS m4/m16 AEG kicking Systema PTW's ass when they came out), on the other hand, their weapon for choice are not as many as G&P/Classic Army. my advice, if you don't have enough money for a RS weapon, save it and don't waste it on other crappy guns.
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:41   #156
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
PLA doesn't use 97/97B, thats true, however they are the export version of the issued 95/95B( 95B are being used as the on board weapon by the PLA Navy, kinda like the CQB-R/MK18 in the US navy), so if you wanna cosplay PLA then they are the best choices. Again, PAP IS NOT PLA, PLA don't use any MP5 and their variants( my friends in PLA told me their SF tested MP5 and despised it).You can use MP5 when you cosplay PAP,SWAT and HK SDU.

As your first airsoft gun, I'd suggest something not too cheap but with decent quality, do not start with any GBBR/GBB-SMG, once they broke down its hard to fix by yourself. G&P/Classic Army would be a good choice, not very high end stuff, easy to find spare parts. My personal preference would be a RS product anytime, their price is not expensive and the quality are the best(even compare with systema, I can imagine the RS m4/m16 AEG kicking Systema PTW's ass when they came out), on the other hand, their weapon for choice are not as many as G&P/Classic Army. my advice, if you don't have enough money for a RS weapon, save it and don't waste it on other crappy guns.
Better save up on a Inokatsu then.
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:38   #157
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

why inokatsu?
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:55   #158
cooney

Shot some random commies and got a free hat. Yes that's red string tied to that red star.

Also Iskaryot, stop being a hobo get money so you can cosplay as your non PLA elite super awesome swat

Also from Gato:

Quote:
This is airsoft, not cosplay, you don't have to have everything exact. If you want to be like that then by all means, but I'd sudgest saving up and start searching for buy REAL loadout gear and not replicas.
NO It's COSPLAY!

Last edited by cooney; June 5th, 2011 at 12:59..
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 18:13   #159
Short Round
Najohn

If you want to get a real top of the line gun, get an Inokatsu. That shit makes even RS and Systema look mediocre.

Also Cooney, Airsoft = Hipsters, Cosplay = Nerdy Losers Durp
Old June 5th, 2011, 18:53   #160
Cifyra
Iskaryot

lawl, by end of june hopefully I'll have $600 to spend =/
Old June 6th, 2011, 00:51   #161
Short Round
Najohn

Quote:
lawl, by end of june hopefully I'll have $600 to spend =/
wow thats enough for a very decent mp5. heck you made it sound like you make barely any money.
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:04   #162
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
If you want to get a real top of the line gun, get an Inokatsu. That shit makes even RS and Systema look mediocre.
Wrong, RS would be even to inokatsu if it is not better. As a matter of fact, RS use real steel producing standard and techs to build their airsoft guns, it is so unique that no one can compare to it in this industry.
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:29   #163
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
Wrong, RS would be even to inokatsu if it is not better. As a matter of fact, RS use real steel producing standard and techs to build their airsoft guns, it is so unique that no one can compare to it in this industry.
Real sword makes the best externals that's for sure. Considering the fact that they used to make real steel guns for Norinco (according to rumors)
Old June 6th, 2011, 22:18   #164
faithless

@Cooney, you said what i wanted to say a long time.

@Najohn, in my honest opinion, ino is no more than a bunch of people with somewhat machine skills with access to some good material. But they are lack on the engineering part. Considering most products they made, it is no more than a high quality clone with good material, external wise.

@Iskaryot, can you name the source of the rumour?
faithless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 22:28   #165
Cactus-man

Send a message via MSN to Cactus-man Send a message via Skype™ to Cactus-man
Quote:
Real sword makes the best externals that's for sure. Considering the fact that they used to make real steel guns for Norinco (according to rumors)

No, they use the same Workshops that Norinco used to make real steel weapons ( take machines who made real steels, and mod them to make airsoft replicas)

Last edited by Cactus-man; June 6th, 2011 at 22:34..
Cactus-man is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!