:

General

Old July 31st, 2006, 19:41   #16
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
If your budget allows, I suggest going the route of a full metal G&P, CA, or ICS armalite. They may cost more then the TM, but its cheaper in the long run since sooner rather then later your going to need to get a metal reciever.
I'd still pass on those split mechbox ICS's ...
agreed on that one. For a second I forgot about the split mechbox.
G&P and CA then.
Old July 31st, 2006, 19:43   #17
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalashnikov
Correct me if im wrong.... but thats not a Canadian site is it? Prices kinda cheep i was wondering where you found a TM M16 for under 300$
if im not mistaken, its a hong kong site...so about as cheap as it gets. We can order some stuff from them, but not guns. www.uncompany.com since he is in norway, its no problem for him.
Old July 31st, 2006, 19:44   #18
kalashnikov

Dam thats lucky
kalashnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 19:47   #19
Bestec

its in hong kong.Great site, cheap shipping, and fast!

And guys, thanks a lot, ill have a look at the full metal stuff
Bestec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 19:50   #20
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestec
its in hong kong.Great site, cheap shipping, and fast!

And guys, thanks a lot, ill have a look at the full metal stuff
its totally worth it.
if you ever goto a game and see a plastic TM beside a FMU gun, the TM feels like a toy. My TM armalite could bend the barrel atleast 2 inches left or right if I flexed it.
Old July 31st, 2006, 19:51   #21
Bestec

Ok, had a look at the CA ones, since G&P didnt have any i liked.How about this one:
http://www.uncompany.com/pageproduct...sp?prodid=4711
Old July 31st, 2006, 20:09   #22
Droc
good reviews on it all around. a small gun IMHO.
when are you planning to buy? I know many of us are holding back since CA is almost about to hit the markets with a load of new kickass guns.
see here http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=30423

I should also mention(in the event you havent heard) that armalites use the V2 internals...and Im not sure what type of fps you guys use in norway, but V2 mechboxes have a tendancy to crack with strong upgrades/cold weather. As opposed to the V3(g36, AK), V6(p90), and v7(M14). Its no big deal depending on upgrades, but in the event you havent heard, I though Id point it out.
Old July 31st, 2006, 20:19   #23
Bestec

well, its a bit over a year when i think of it, since i really havent turned 16 yet, to be honest in the club im joining, when u turn 16, u have to be an active member for 6 months or so, and after that, the club will help u get the needed stuff like license to buy and all that. so yeah, a little bit over a year
Old July 31st, 2006, 22:05   #24
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Ok, a few things...

Secondly, the vest (which looks like a sort of TT TAC-1A rifleman vest knockoff, except with PALS webbing on the pack) has 6 double mag pouches (so 12 mags) and you're adding a sort of subload mag carrier... but unless you already have mags, you'll have 1 locap + 2 midcaps...?
Here is some info on the vest:

Guarder SEAL 2000 Modular Tactical Vest
Color: Olive Drab
Material: DuPont 1000-Denier CORDURA
Package Including: six M16 single mag pouches, two utility pouches, one double pistol mag pouch and one tactical belt.

And, i decided to go for 4 extra mid-caps, so im at 1 lo-cap and 4 mid caps

Okay, you swapped pictures/vests. I was referring to the original KA one you had posted.

Dunno how much you wanna spend on a vest, or what your requirements are. Personally I wouldn't like being stuck with single mag pouches since non-USGI (m16) mags may not fit (the G36 mags, for example).

Since it's still a year away, maybe you want to shop around for real vests, maybe something modular that you can customize to your needs. This is a more expensive route and maybe not something you need... like I said, depends on what you want, how much you wanna spend, and how you plan on using it.

As for the gloves, I agree you should forget those. Personally I like using Mountain Biking gloves; they offer decent protection to the back of the hand, they're built to take abuse, and they're thin enough to allow you to manipulate smaller things easily (weapon safeties, radio control buttons, etc) and not lose all tactile sense.
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:35   #25
Kriss

Quote:
Dam thats lucky
Well, we in norway arent "that" lucky. Because of our Goverment we need to pay 25% extra in taxes when recieving the package, so the prices turns up a lil bit. But still, we have the opertunity to buy things from Hk,jp etc witch rocks
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:22   #26
Frozencricket

Quote:
Correct me if im wrong.... but thats not a Canadian site is it? Prices kinda cheep i was wondering where you found a TM M16 for under 300$
And the answer is... Hong Kong! Very easy to find if you look in the "Contact Us" section.
Frozencricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 10:36   #27
gunnerr

Send a message via MSN to gunnerr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozencricket
Quote:
And the answer is... Hong Kong! Very easy to find if you look in the "Contact Us" section.
Or the three other responses to that very same question.

5 S+
3 B+
gunnerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 11:17   #28
Bestec

Ofcourse, I had to change my mind a bit, to confuse myself and others^^
Anything you guys would add/withdraw from the list?
New list:

Old August 1st, 2006, 14:24   #29
quiggers

Nice choice changing to the CA m15a4. I like the feel of that gun especially full metal, ive used it many times at the field here :-D cheers
andrew
quiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 14:51   #30
Freedom Fighter

If your 15, broke and not buying for a year at the very least, there is no point discussing this any further. You will change you mind a hundred times over and that's just within the next 30 days.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General