Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

:

General

Old June 28th, 2007, 19:01   #91
blade1220

All Im going to say on this age subject, is that I will try my best to make sure I know who I am selling to.
blade1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 20:20   #92
Skladfin

Right now, it's leaning towards the scam side rather than the legit side.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 21:05   #93
Mariposa

I am glad I posted here, again I say.
I would like to say that although I haven't been age verified yet, I do agree with all your points. There are too many young people out there whose first thought is some illegal activity.
I myself, have had some friends of mine show how irresponsible they are. He kept it loaded, cocked and unlocked in his house and his girlfriend shot me from 4 feet away in the chest 1 1/2 inches below my right collar bone, on bare skin.
He is 26. So everyone can be irresponsible, but if they are registered with an airsoft site, generally they have a respect the rules and know the laws regarding this sport we love.

What was the point I was trying to make... lol
Mariposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 21:06   #94
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Nice necro!^^
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 21:19   #95
Mariposa

Quote:
Yeah, but you see, although its a good way to "try" to get away from minors, the ASC system is for ASC, no store is obligated to use it.
Maybe this should be looked into? Is there a way we could try to make it necessary to check age verification through a registered site? Just a thought...

Quote:
We have been taken for rides in the past, and as such remain skeptical. This can easily be validated by having an ASC member have a look at the product - hell, I'd be happy to have a look at them myself.
I asked about picking up my order and he wouldn't allow it... made me skeptical.

Quote:
They could be the kindest church going people in the world, but take the risk of screwing up the sport I play and have invested tens of thousands of dollars into. In order to make a quick buck off of me and, all of you out there that I consider friends in this sport, well I'll do what I can do shut you down if I hear or catch you doing so.
Now I haven't invested as much as this, I am new to this sport... (my boyfriend, Hectic, enjoys it so I thought I would give it a try and I love it) and I believe we need to implement some sort of way of ensuring that the AEG's don't land in the wrong hands.

If I were a parent, I would be wanting to know what my child needs me to buy this for him. If I knew my child was well behaved, and respected the rules and was using it for the sport, I would more than likely buy it, but it would be treated as a gun. Now if my child had been arrested, or had a violent temper, sometimes these things can't be helped, I might not be so prone to buy it. I guess my point there was -18, depends on responsible parents.
Old June 28th, 2007, 21:28   #96
Mariposa

Sorry missed part of my point for my qoute but I would be upset if I sent payment to someone and my product never came.
Old June 28th, 2007, 22:28   #97
Nik12

Send a message via MSN to Nik12
The only qualm I have about the age verification process is it's difficult. If it were to go nationwide (as in ALL Canadian Retailers) and be strictly enforced, people who live in buttfuck nowhere get screwed out of a sport they may love. Not only that, but the long process of the transfer of information I've heard so much about (some people wait months for the verification to become official). Should the Age Verification process become a golden standard (which I am all for by the way, so don't get me wrong), the Verification agent coverage across the nation should be stepped up and the entire process should be sped up (as people tend to want to get right in to shopping).
Nik12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 22:49   #98
Boche
I am memel, hear me roar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan View Post
Nice necro!^^
An hours time span between replies does not a 'necro' post make, Mr. Crazy Sniper.

Anyway, it seems several orders have been made and we'll know soon enough what the score is. They might be getting a flood of orders or we may never hear from them again, who knows!

The Shepherd always finds His sheep.
The Flat Earth has me Levelled.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 22:58   #99
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by memel View Post
An hours time span between replies does not a 'necro' post make, Mr. Crazy Sniper.

Anyway, it seems several orders have been made and we'll know soon enough what the score is. They might be getting a flood of orders or we may never hear from them again, who knows!
"Mr. Crazy Sniper"

Haaaaaa.... Funny!

Who else placed an order? Whats the point? I'm already taking the hit for the community :salute: :innocent:

If they provide me with convincing pics of my Tommy being built (which I'm sure they will), I will have no doubts about them, period.

Cheers,
Alex
Old June 28th, 2007, 23:03   #100
Boche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
Who else placed an order?
I know of one other, but I don't want to say who it is, since it's not me.

If it turns out to be a ripoff, you'll have to handle all the "I told ya so's" by yourself, haha.

Old June 28th, 2007, 23:14   #101
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by memel View Post
I know of one other, but I don't want to say who it is, since it's not me.

If it turns out to be a ripoff, you'll have to handle all the "I told ya so's" by yourself, haha.
Its a risk I'm willing to take, so be happy about it. :|
Old June 28th, 2007, 23:22   #102
Boche

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
Its a risk I'm willing to take, so be happy about it. :|
Believe me, I'm hoping against hope this is legit. The StG44 is the Holy Grail in this household, and if I could land a quality copy of one... it'll be a happy day.

Old June 28th, 2007, 23:51   #103
Rainer

Well my pops and I just ordered up 2 StG44's and some extra mags. Even if they cut and run it's not to bad of a cash hit. Besides that it'll give me a quality idicator to see if it's worthwhile to pick up a MG.... or two.... or three.
Old June 29th, 2007, 00:00   #104
Moderate

*drools* I hope this is legit.
Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 00:54   #105
Manvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
If one sells to individuals under 18, make sure you have one HUGE insurance policy to back you up.

LD

You now have advice from someone in the legal practice who is also part of the airsoft community telling you it would be wise to sell to 18+. If I were you I would stop saying you will "do your best" and figure out a way to actually make your buisness 18+ if you want to stay in buisness for long and if you want the support of the airsoft community.

"Amateurs train to success, professionals train to failure." -C.C.
Manvil is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General