Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mesh Masks

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 21st, 2013, 22:27   #1
BlackCard

Mesh Masks

So I just got a mesh mask and I absolutely hate it. It hurts my nose (my nose is tiny) and just doesn't feel comfortable. I always play CQB and the max fps is 350, I was wondering if it'd be dangerous for me to play without a mask or with a bandana maybe...
Because the mesh mask really annoys me and I am having a hard time aiming and using my red dot.
BlackCard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 22:43   #2
Felonies

Played at Ultimate Airsoft 2 weeks ago, and Got nailed 3-4 times in the face first few games, I literally bought a mask on the spot since I dont normally play CQB.
Believe me a mask is worth dental repairs, and dont say I keep my mouth close because it will happen eventually.
Not to mention when you come home with your face covered in welts it is no fun or good looking.
Felonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 23:04   #3
Chiba

Do wear a mask. If not, try a shemagh and look like a bandit.

Your third option is to buy a cheap mesh goggle with lower plastic mask, and just use the lower plastic mask only.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 23:22   #4
cav.

Buy soft foam, and glue it on? Maybe that wil help cushion it out?
Old April 21st, 2013, 23:58   #5
TurlteRaph

when playing indoor CQB, I wear a full face paintball mask..
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:30   #6
Danke

1) bend the mask to aid fit.
2) no need to do the straps up white knuckle tight.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 07:47   #7
Sandbar1911

I bought a mesh face mask off a team mate yesterday....put it on and while yes it is a bit uncomfortable the 10 round burst I took in the face from about 40 feet would have hurt more. Also another team mate took a round from a sniper rifle right in the end of the nose which caused it to bleed....he wasn't long putting his mesh mask on after that.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:12   #8
Anthology

We had a guy chip a tooth yesterday at an outdoor game. That's convincing me to start wearing mine. I've been wearing a shemagh and I think it would do fine, but I'm not going to take any chances anymore.

Lots of guys cut them down in size and attach them to the bottom of their goggles via zip ties or other means. This way, they sort of float off your face and you cut them to a size that protects your teeth well but also let's you have most of your other facial and neck movements.

Taylor
Anthology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:32   #9
nichtessen

Just keep bending the mesh mask to get the fit you want. Can take awhile to get it perfect tho.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:38   #10
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

If you pinch the nose area itll relive the pressure off fhe bridge of the nose. You could also cut it along the outline of the bottom of your goggles and then ziptie it onto the goggles and remove the strap. I personnaly hate the damn thing bought it screwed with it for a cpl days and nos it sits in my closet try one of ghose neoprene face masks they sork well for protecting teeth the one without a mouth hole obviously
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:25   #11
squadairsoft.ca

We suggest trying to bend the mesh grille as much as you can to fit your face properly. Scarves/wraps look cool but they can cause you to fog up! Paintball masks are still going to be your best full face protection but dont look as cool
squadairsoft.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:01   #12
Danke

I don't like the goggles and mesh attached.

1) If I'm in a situation where I want my eyes covered but not the mask I can unstrap. Drinking, eating or whatever.
2) If you duck and bump the mask on your chest or a object you'll increase the chance of moving the goggles.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:12   #13
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

buy this

http://www.torontoairsoft.com/ACM-Me...e-A_p_460.html

take the mask off it

ziptie to the bottom of your goggles, making sure most of the lower vent holes of your goggles are OUTSIDE the mask,

the mask is low profile, and flexible, no problem with cheek-weld, I have 2, one fixed to a pair of ESS goggles,

and another fixed to a pair of SCOTT PB goggles for use at PB fields.. have been using them since 2005 ..

On Saturday, I took a double tap direct to the face from 2 feet from a 420 FPS gun shooting .28.. my face would have been a mess without the mask. With it.. nothing.. carry on.

Ill see if I can post pics..

not keen on the mesh.. they start to rust in time.. and that is just nasty
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 13:51   #14
MaciekA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
buy this

http://www.torontoairsoft.com/ACM-Me...e-A_p_460.html

take the mask off it

ziptie to the bottom of your goggles, making sure most of the lower vent holes of your goggles are OUTSIDE the mask,

the mask is low profile, and flexible, no problem with cheek-weld, I have 2, one fixed to a pair of ESS goggles,

and another fixed to a pair of SCOTT PB goggles for use at PB fields.. have been using them since 2005 ..

On Saturday, I took a double tap direct to the face from 2 feet from a 420 FPS gun shooting .28.. my face would have been a mess without the mask. With it.. nothing.. carry on.

Ill see if I can post pics..

not keen on the mesh.. they start to rust in time.. and that is just nasty
Unfortunately, running something like that at, say, Finch's during the summer is a recipe for fog. Mostly solid (even with venting) plates of plastic or whatever just end up routing moisture directly up into your goggle area.

Mesh can be cleaned, painted to protect from rust, is maleable for shape and is very inexpensive. In addition to those nice properties, it's the best for breathing airflow (for staying cool), best for PTT acoustics and the best for shouting. The one acoustic drawback I'm aware of is whistling. I'm unable to whistle at people through mesh.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 14:01   #15
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaciekA View Post
Unfortunately, running something like that at, say, Finch's during the summer is a recipe for fog. Mostly solid (even with venting) plates of plastic or whatever just end up routing moisture directly up into your goggle area.

Mesh can be cleaned, painted to protect from rust, is maleable for shape and is very inexpensive. In addition to those nice properties, it's the best for breathing airflow (for staying cool), best for PTT acoustics and the best for shouting. The one acoustic drawback I'm aware of is whistling. I'm unable to whistle at people through mesh.
not my experience, when properly installed it excludes breath from the goggles,

I have run my setup, day, night, summer, winter, raining, snowing.. fog not a issue, this unit is vented directly in front of the mouth and nose, but still impervious to BBs

I have run the mesh as well, and yes, it works.. but is bulky and affects use of arms.

but to each their own.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank