Quote:
Originally Posted by vin100 View Post
I would like your opinion (pros and cons) of the these GBB

KJ Works 1911

KJ Works M9

WE M9

WE Px4
Since you're not Age verified, I'll just say this:

KJW pistols are great bang for the buck, good starter pistols, the WE PX4 is marui compatible, so that's good for upgrades, as is the M9, but if I were you, I's stay with KJW!
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:44   #3
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

None of those M9s have a working decocker. Not a deal killer for most, but it was for me.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:51   #4
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
None of those M9s have a working decocker. Not a deal killer for most, but it was for me.
Only WA & KSC/KWA have

WA -> crappy internal
KSC/KWA -> crappy hop compared to marui
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:56   #5
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
Only WA & KSC/KWA have

WA -> crappy internal
KSC/KWA -> crappy hop compared to marui
I figured for the range I was using my KSC M9 as a backup, the hop-up was sufficient.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:28   #6
Specs

I can vouch for KJW full metal guns I have a M9 I have used for easily 4 seasons now and the only issue I had to fix is the hop up rubber. Mags are a good deal and well made, only issue is that I lost one! Great starting pistol

Kingston airsoft, we do it better.
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 14:55   #7
dmr

one of my friends has an 1911, never really saw the point in one, but it works good. the only reason i see to get a side arm would be if you had a semi-bolt gun and needded a full auto back up.
dmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 15:02   #8
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr View Post
one of my friends has an 1911, never really saw the point in one, but it works good. the only reason i see to get a side arm would be if you had a semi-bolt gun and needded a full auto back up.
Lemme guess: you play with hicaps?
Old April 13th, 2012, 15:04   #9
Crunchmeister

I personally wouldn't get a WE pistol. As much as their GBB rifles have proven to be a really good value for the money, the same can't be said for their pistols. They tend to be very cheaply made, have poor tolerances, are made of very cheap, weak and heavy pot metal, etc. If you're looking for a good entry-level pistol, then look at KJW.

As for "not needing" a pistol, that's a good point. No one really needs one. The only time you would switch to a pistol is when going into very tightly confined areas where mobility with a rifle isn't possible, when you run out of ammo and can't readily reload, or when your primary breaks down. I've been in all 3 situations, and every time, my pistol has gotten me out of a tight situation where I would have been shot otherwise. But, considering all the games I've played in the last 5 years and how many times I've HAD to draw my pistol, I could get away without having one at all.
Old April 14th, 2012, 15:14   #10
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I personally wouldn't get a WE pistol. As much as their GBB rifles have proven to be a really good value for the money, the same can't be said for their pistols. They tend to be very cheaply made, have poor tolerances, are made of very cheap, weak and heavy pot metal, etc. If you're looking for a good entry-level pistol, then look at KJW.
Let me set things straight for everyone here...

The "WE" PX4 isn't a WE, it's from a company called HK, and I don't know where the WE thing started, but the gun has nothing made by them.

THIS is the gun. It features ALL the markings from the real thing, the safety also doubles as a decocker, features the original rotating barrel, the mags are incredibly gas efficient, and the hop up is a beast; very accurate and long-range pistol. The slide is also metal (in my opinion it's a better gun overall than the TM, which costs twice as much, and comes with a plastic slide). It also comes with three different grip straps and a precision inner barrel.

Of the guns you mentioned, this one is the more modern and has the most features. Very reliable and made to last as well.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 15:33   #11
jamex

Pretty much what I was going to say. Everyone thinks the PX4 clone is WE, but its HK who only make a few models from what I can see, but they're quite decent. I have their PX4 and their glock 17 and they both rock. Out of what you listed my vote is on the PX4 or maybe the M9 if thats your style. If you're stuck getting clearsoft\cansoft, the PX4 is your best bet. The WE models are railed on plastic. So plastic on metal sliding back at high speed....it sucks. Not sure on the KJW's as I haven't owned one. But the PX4 has metal inside the plastic receiver and is a way better system imo. I can tell you that I bought a clearsoft PX4 and liked it so much I picked up an opaque one too once I got AV'd.

As a sidenote...you can tell the PX4 is not WE from the packaging. It comes in molded styrofoam whereas WE typically cheaps out and uses that grey\black eggcrate foam in a plain brown box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
Let me set things straight for everyone here...

The "WE" PX4 isn't a WE, it's from a company called HK, and I don't know where the WE thing started, but the gun has nothing made by them.

THIS is the gun. It features ALL the markings from the real thing, the safety also doubles as a decocker, features the original rotating barrel, the mags are incredibly gas efficient, and the hop up is a beast; very accurate and long-range pistol. The slide is also metal (in my opinion it's a better gun overall than the TM, which costs twice as much, and comes with a plastic slide). It also comes with three different grip straps and a precision inner barrel.

Of the guns you mentioned, this one is the more modern and has the most features. Very reliable and made to last as well.

Fox.
jamex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 18:41   #12
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamex View Post
Everyone thinks the PX4 clone is WE, but its HK who only make a few models from what I can see, but they're quite decent.
Actually, I believe the company is called 'HK4', not just 'HK'. 'HK' in itself could simply be an acronym of the Administrative Region or of the Firearms Company.

Just to help prevent some confusion.
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion