Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Looking for a high value BB

:

General

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 1st, 2016, 22:18   #1
gman1211
 
gman1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BC - Okanagan
Looking for a high value BB

So I've been on the hunt for a good quality, but still affordable BB. The other qualifications are that its bio-degradable, and is reasonably available. Just to be clear upfront, i'm not looking for the most expensive top of the line BB, just an "average" ammo so to speak.

I've used elite force, and had good success with them, but they have been selling out from stores fairly quickly, making it a hassle to get, plus they don't go up to .30g which is the weight that works best with my gun. I've also tired Tamashi (aka ta-smashies) and had terrible luck with them, they jam up my midcaps, get stuck in the barrel and break in the barrel. I've also tired some BB bastards, and had the same problem with them jamming magazines and my barrel.

So what does everyone else use for .30g BBs? and where do you buy them from?
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 22:19   #2
Danke
 
Danke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Danger Zone
Running 0.32 Madbull Bio's right now with no stress.

From Airsoft Depot on here.
__________________
Airsoft, where nothing is hurt but feelings.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 22:34   #3
Ricochet
“How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina?”...
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Delta, BC (Greater Vancouver)
Yeah, Tamachis are train-wrecks.

Elite force and BB Bastard have good bio 0.28g

Green Devils have good 0.30g bios (B2 Edmonton and Fraser Valley Abbotsford)

Heard good things about Bioshot if you can find them.
__________________
I’ve developed a new sport I call ‘Airhard’. It’s basically Airsoft, except while you play you must maintain a massive erection...
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 22:58   #4
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Bioshot apparently fixed their formulation with their new generation of bbs. You can order straight from their site (I think, if I remember right). You mentioned Bastards jamming in your mags and barrels... that's a little unusual.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 23:32   #5
gman1211
 
gman1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BC - Okanagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Bioshot apparently fixed their formulation with their new generation of bbs. You can order straight from their site (I think, if I remember right). You mentioned Bastards jamming in your mags and barrels... that's a little unusual.
Ya, I was rather surprised they were jamming, basically everyone who uses them recommends them. With that being said it might have been their "frag" BBs, which I've heard are lower quality, but I can't say for sure, sold the bag to another gentlemen at the field and he didn't have any problems with them.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 23:48   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1211 View Post
I've also tired some BB bastards, and had the same problem with them jamming magazines and my barrel.
If you were using BB Bastard FRAG, that would be why. They're a cheap line of throw away BBs for grenades and crosmans.
If you were using ECO Bastards, then that IS the highest end, top of the line, best bang for your buck BB on the market today.

So if you were using ECO Bastards, and they jammed your mags, then the problem isn't the BBs, it's your midcaps.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 02:19   #7
gman1211
 
gman1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BC - Okanagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
If you were using BB Bastard FRAG, that would be why. They're a cheap line of throw away BBs for grenades and crosmans.
If you were using ECO Bastards, then that IS the highest end, top of the line, best bang for your buck BB on the market today.

So if you were using ECO Bastards, and they jammed your mags, then the problem isn't the BBs, it's your midcaps.
The only thing I can remember about the BB's is they had a green leaf in the top left and they were double polished. With that being said, whats the best place to buy BB Bastards? Can't hurt to try another bag.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 11:44   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!
 
ThunderCactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
No idea, check your local retailers. I don't buy them anymore because they've have problems keeping stock at their retailers.
Otherwise, gryphon BBs from B2 are good
Madbull .32 bio, can't attest for .28PLA bio until after red dawn
green devils from B2, as long as you clean them first
Bioshot

High end BBs really aren't that expensive. This isn't paintball.
In an accurate gun, they pay for their small extra cost by increasing your accuracy.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 13:15   #9
Ricochet
“How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina?”...
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Delta, BC (Greater Vancouver)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1211 View Post
The only thing I can remember about the BB's is they had a green leaf in the top left and they were double polished. With that being said, whats the best place to buy BB Bastards? Can't hurt to try another bag.
Green leaf and "double polished", sounds like Bastards to me.
__________________
I’ve developed a new sport I call ‘Airhard’. It’s basically Airsoft, except while you play you must maintain a massive erection...
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 21:36   #10
Janus
 
Janus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
lol

Buy Bastards out here? Dude, BC got ditched by BB Bastard pretty fucking hard. Your best bet is to go with the Devils or Madbulls.
__________________
Age Verifier - Lower Vancouver Island
Brotherhood of Nod - Nod Prime || Vancouver Island Airsoft League - President
Unavailable for AV until April 2020.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2016, 21:54   #11
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
lol

Buy Bastards out here? Dude, BC got ditched by BB Bastard pretty fucking hard. Your best bet is to go with the Devils or Madbulls.
Ouch, is there that big of a Bastards drought in BC?

Anywho, Devils have a good rep, but I recommend trying Bioshots. I've used them (send them an email, I sent them one when they were just releasing their new formulation and they sent me sample packs ), and they worked beautifully.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 13:47   #12
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable
 
:^)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waterloo
KSC are pretty much TM tier bbs they are pretty good.
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 16:06   #13
Styrak
 
Styrak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Send a message via MSN to Styrak
G&G bio 0.28?
__________________

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2016, 15:15   #14
gman1211
 
gman1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: BC - Okanagan
I ended up ordering 100$ (16000 Rounds, .25-.30 weights) worth Gryphon BBs, B2 Airsofts house brand. So far I've been impressed, all the weights feed flawlessly through the gun which brought a tear of joy to my eye. The price was good, and the free shipping really goes a long way to help with that. Next order i'll probably try a bag of green devils as well.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2016, 13:29   #15
B² Airsoft
Raven Wolf
 
B² Airsoft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1211 View Post
I ended up ordering 100$ (16000 Rounds, .25-.30 weights) worth Gryphon BBs, B2 Airsofts house brand. So far I've been impressed, all the weights feed flawlessly through the gun which brought a tear of joy to my eye. The price was good, and the free shipping really goes a long way to help with that. Next order i'll probably try a bag of green devils as well.
thanks for your support!

James
__________________


B² Airsoft
Authorised Distributors of;
GHK, Wolverine, KWA, RA-Tech, PDI,
Smith Optics, Revision Military, Tasmanian Tiger, Airsoft Innovations, PTS Sydicate, Wouxun Radios, ASG, Nuprol, AIM, Line Of Fire, Mechanix, G&G, Venom Power, Fenix, BOL.
RWA Authorised Retailer
Custom Orders, Imports and Builds
http://b2airsoft.com
http://www.facebook.com/b2airsoft
B² Airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.