Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Pencott Badlands Considered Tan in Milsims?

:

Gear Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 23rd, 2016, 22:47   #1
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Pencott Badlands Considered Tan in Milsims?

Hey all.

So I'm planning to do a URTac order of basically an entire Pencott kit.

I'm getting a full kit in Greenzone for green side camo, and was planning on getting a BDU set in Badlands for tan side camo (running the Greenzone gear on top of the the Badlands BDUs of course).

I was hoping some Ontario milsim organizers (Delta, FR, Renegade, etc) could chime in and let me know if Badlands is an eligible pattern for tan at their games, because if it isn't, I'd have to go with another pattern in my order.

Thanks a lot!
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:07   #2
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable
 
:^)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waterloo
If you have to question it you shouldn't get it.
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:14   #3
brock0
 
brock0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Badlands was not an approved tan camo at Nightfall 5, an FR hosted Milsim.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:38   #4
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by :^) View Post
If you have to question it you shouldn't get it.
It's colouration is similar to multicam. If it's viewed against a tan backdrop, it looks kind of tan and the same with a green backdrop (hence, why they are both transitional patterns). To me, it looks very tan. I'm just asking for clarification and if they'd consider it to be tan because it is quite similar to MC, just more effective and much better looking IMO.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT

Last edited by Datawraith; June 24th, 2016 at 12:55..
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 12:59   #5
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Badlands was listed, from my recollection, last year for Nightfall 4. This year it wasn't on their list. However I messaged Force Recon and they said yes. So 3 of us had it on.
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 13:15   #6
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher3060 View Post
Badlands was listed, from my recollection, last year for Nightfall 4. This year it wasn't on their list. However I messaged Force Recon and they said yes. So 3 of us had it on.
That's great to hear Cypher! Do you know if Deltastronk and the Wolfpack games (the ones that Renegade hosts like Lord/Art of War) also consider it tan?
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 13:21   #7
Cypher3060
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Probably best to just message them directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
That's great to hear Cypher! Do you know if Deltastronk and the Wolfpack games (the ones that Renegade hosts like Lord/Art of War) also consider it tan?
Cypher3060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 13:47   #8
Derpystronk
 
Derpystronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
I was hoping some Ontario milsim organizers (Delta, FR, Renegade, etc) could chime in and let me know if Badlands is an eligible pattern for tan at their games, because if it isn't, I'd have to go with another pattern in my order.

Thanks a lot!
I would consider Badlands to be tan personally. It's way, way too brown to be considered anything but.

I've personally started moving away from GRN vs TAN styled OP's more and more, since doing Civilian vs Camo just seems to solve these problems and streamline the game further while still letting people play out their operator fantasies.

Is he wearing jeans? No? Blast him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :^) View Post
If you have to question it you shouldn't get it.
Holy crap I agree with IKYT what is the world coming to
__________________
Airsoft Community & Events
http://www.OP4S.com
Derpystronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 19:44   #9
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltastronk View Post
I would consider Badlands to be tan personally. It's way, way too brown to be considered anything but.

I've personally started moving away from GRN vs TAN styled OP's more and more, since doing Civilian vs Camo just seems to solve these problems and streamline the game further while still letting people play out their operator fantasies.

Is he wearing jeans? No? Blast him.



Holy crap I agree with IKYT what is the world coming to
Great, thanks Delta! Are you going to keep a few games green vs tan though? Otherwise it probably isn't worth it to get a Badlands BDU set if everybody's running Camo vs Civi.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2016, 20:53   #10
:^)
Pizza is a Vegetable
 
:^)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Waterloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltastronk View Post
Holy crap I agree with IKYT what is the world coming to


KYS knee grow
:^) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 21:15   #11
Derpystronk
 
Derpystronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Great, thanks Delta! Are you going to keep a few games green vs tan though? Otherwise it probably isn't worth it to get a Badlands BDU set if everybody's running Camo vs Civi.
Don't worry about what I'm doing, as there are plenty of other hosts running games and events with their own guidelines. At the end of the day, you gotta do what you want. Just know you should probably have a backup set of the more traditional colors (M81 + Multicam = GTG) so you can play what teams you want, when you want it.

I remember a time where ATACS FG was banned from a few games because it was way too hard to tell one way or the other. Transitional camos tend to be like that, and sometimes people just don't want to deal with the headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :^) View Post


KYS knee grow
Derpystronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 21:24   #12
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltastronk View Post
Don't worry about what I'm doing, as there are plenty of other hosts running games and events with their own guidelines. At the end of the day, you gotta do what you want. Just know you should probably have a backup set of the more traditional colors (M81 + Multicam = GTG) so you can play what teams you want, when you want it.

I remember a time where ATACS FG was banned from a few games because it was way too hard to tell one way or the other. Transitional camos tend to be like that, and sometimes people just don't want to deal with the headache.
Sounds good. I've got a spare set of MARPAT to use regardless. Thanks Delta.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 15:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.