:

Accessories Discussion

Old February 13th, 2013, 01:35   #136
tygr701
"Back to you, Bob!"

Send a message via MSN to tygr701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmken View Post
If you're actually really worried regardless of the fact that most lasers will be indeed safe out there, I brought up the existence of laser safe goggles previously in this thread. I can't point you in any direction, since they are pretty rare and probably ITAR controlled, but I have a pair of Oakley SI Ballistic Array goggles with three lenses. One of the three is a yellow lens, that I just recently realised was for laser protection.

You can find these goggles for around $150-200+, but I'm not sure where you can get them aside from eBay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djeeuj6mK_w Revision is likely to come out with laser protective lenses sometime soon.

TEAM MSF CHANNELS:
YouTube - Facebook - ASC - Instagram

Si vis pacem, para bellum
tygr701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:42   #137
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr701 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djeeuj6mK_w Revision is likely to come out with laser protective lenses sometime soon.
Revision has had laser safe lenses for a while. I have not seen many of them, but the CF has them floating around, and they have been on revisions website for a loooooong time.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 00:40   #138
mmmken

So I caved and bought a Crimson Trace CMR-201 IR laser for my TM G17C and a NVEC VITAL-2 for my rifles (my wallet hates you people). Question is, while the VITAL-2 has no papers since it was used (but has a sticker on it indicating 0.7mW output), the Crimson Trace doesn't specify anywhere what the power output is. Since I bought it brand new from a retailer, I'm sure it has to be Class 1 or they wouldn't have been able to sell it to civilians.

But to be safe anyway, I confirmed with both TNVC and Crimson Trace themselves that the laser was at 0.07mW (yes, even less than 0.1mW) before I made the order. Is the email itself from Crimson Trace sufficient documentation?
Old February 14th, 2013, 00:50   #139
c3sk
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Both lasers are very well documented and have the specifics posted everywhere. I don't think any host would have a problem with them Ken.
At the end of the day it will be up to the host, but those are some very nice laser purchases congratulations!
c3sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:18   #140
Nickaayyy

I'm quite curious where you bought bought those laser. If you want to PM the location where you can buy them i'll will be more than happy.

I know i'm not yet AV and where not allowed to give links to non-verified members, thats why i'm asking by PM, so it's not going to 18- comrades. It's ok if you dont want to give it because i'm not verified, i'm mature enoughht to understand the reason :P
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:27   #141
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickaayyy View Post
I'm quite curious where you bought bought those laser. If you want to PM the location where you can buy them i'll will be more than happy.

I know i'm not yet AV and where not allowed to give links to non-verified members, thats why i'm asking by PM, so it's not going to 18- comrades. It's ok if you dont want to give it because i'm not verified, i'm mature enoughht to understand the reason :P
That's not how it works. :|

You're not 18 in the eyes of the site until you're verified. Dem be de rules.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:36   #142
Nickaayyy

Correct I understand the meaning of the rules and I find it good, wont let immature kid get stuff that can kill the sport (idiot people with good tech can be dangerous).

I'll just wait I get my gun, after i'll go in an organised game get AV and chrony the gun (especcially when is a WE, dont want to hurt no one)
Nickaayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 16:00   #143
Aj619

Okay so my buddy bought a Pro&T AN/PEQ-15 no IR laser does anyone know the classification of this laser I can not find the Pro&T website or the power out put anywhere

So just wondering if anyone knows about them
Aj619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 16:15   #144
pugs144

No info = no proof = no go sparkly at games.
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 16:17   #145
redneck12

The Pro&T Peq 15 is an airsoft replica so its guaranteed its a Chinese eye frying laser. Ehobbyasia sells them.
redneck12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 17:48   #146
mmmken

Quote:

I got the VITAL on eBay and the other one from a source I can't disclose. Though, I want to ask you: why do you need an IR laser? I'd be pretty impressed that you got your NODs before getting a gun, lol.
Old February 14th, 2013, 21:07   #147
Nickaayyy

Sry im not quite sure whats a NODs.

The laser it's not for now, but I was checking for one in the time I played paintball but never was sure if safe enough so I never got one. It's more for information for later when I got my gun (My hk416 pass first)
Old February 14th, 2013, 21:13   #148
z0ng

Quote:
Sry im not quite sure whats a NODs.

The laser it's not for now, but I was checking for one in the time I played paintball but never was sure if safe enough so I never got one. It's more for information for later when I got my gun (My hk416 pass first)
You do realize that without a nightvision scope (AKA a "NOD") you aren't able to see an infra red (IR) laser, right?

EDIT: One more thing, as you're from Quebec you should check on if there are games there which allow the use of lasers. I haven't looked recently but in the past the game posts I have checked tend to ban the use of lasers entirely. You may be buying something for your gun that you won't be able to use, NOD's or not.

Team GHOSTS G-42
How to fix your WE M4 Mags

Last edited by z0ng; February 14th, 2013 at 21:58..
z0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 21:26   #149
mmmken

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ng View Post
You do realize that without a nightvision scope (AKA a "NOD") you aren't able to see an infra red (IR) laser, right?
That and the fact that these lasers will run you a least a couple hundred dollars each, in addition to the scope itself (being a few thousand depending on the model). I think you're interested in just a regular laser, which you'll probably have to start a different thread on to see which models will be permissible.
Old February 14th, 2013, 21:56   #150
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0ng View Post
You can change channels on you TV from 4 miles out.

If you're good.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion