Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Systema gearbox stop at the border...

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 3rd, 2009, 10:20   #31
Crunchmeister

Revolution's technology is more in line with the internals of a PTW than an AEG. While it's made to replace a V2 gearbox, zero parts are V2 compatible. It's totally its own unique design.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:09   #32
The Saint

Contest it and that should fix the problem from now on. CBSA's own record keeping should prevent this from happening again, but only if you contest and do it successfully.

Do NOT say it's a receiver of any sort. A mechbox is not a receiver.

Last edited by The Saint; April 3rd, 2009 at 12:45..
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:35   #33
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Yes and please keep us posted about the outcome. I'd like to know if the CBSA's set a precident here to seize internals.
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 13:25   #34
LUTNIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
Revolution's technology is more in line with the internals of a PTW than an AEG. While it's made to replace a V2 gearbox, zero parts are V2 compatible. It's totally its own unique design.
Unless you get an M130 or higher, it has standard gears, set of three, you only get the fourth gear and new reverse motor in the higher spring boxes. On that note the bushings should be compatible. Its a unique design with no replacement parts available and an untested circuit board as to whether it shorts out when wet or not. I have played in rain so hard you're practically swimming, two days later I opened my mechbox and there was still water (and rust) inside the mechbox shell (rust was on the gears.) It may be harder for water to get in there but its also harder for it to get out. I bought a normal Turbo mechbox, not a revolution, and one 7mm bearing bushing blew out within 1000rnds, go SystemA.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:36   #35
cebolao

seized KJW hi capa

Hey guys, I know there's a detailed blog highlighting everything about ordering guns from hongkong, how they are prohibited since they are classified as replicas and how they will get seized.

Well unfornunatelly I only came across that thread after I got the letter from CBSA. Yes I know, dumb on my part to do it.

Now since this is already happend, I was wondering if anyone has any past experience, or are aware of some kinda precedence, that's on reccord, where someone got a pardon for this?

I am thinking about reasoning in the following way:
1. I do have a PAL for firearms
2. the exact same gun can be bought off calcary based 007airsof ( yes i know just becasue its sold there doesnt mean i can import it, but would this carry any weight to my argument?)

Given this was my first infraction and it was a honest mistake, is there any way to get them to give me a pardom for this?

Any help would be really apreciated it.

Thanks
cebolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:43   #36
Forever_kaos

Well, they won't give you a pardon and let it in.

I'd explain to them that you had no idea of the laws and nobody informed you and such.
See what they say and maybe you'll get lucky.
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 12:47   #37
Crunchmeister

First, there's nothing to "pardon". Your gun got seized, and end of story. And no, 007 doesn't sell all black guns to the public, just ones with clear receivers, and you can import those yourself if you can find them outside of Canada.

As for a PAL, it means jack shit when it comes to prohibited items. You should perhaps read the Big Ol' Airsoft Q&A thread. It'll answer a lot of your questions before you even need to ask them.

Airsoft Canada
Old April 16th, 2009, 13:26   #38
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebolao View Post
Hey guys, I know there's a detailed blog highlighting everything about ordering guns from hongkong, how they are prohibited since they are classified as replicas and how they will get seized.

Well unfornunatelly I only came across that thread after I got the letter from CBSA. Yes I know, dumb on my part to do it.

Now since this is already happend, I was wondering if anyone has any past experience, or are aware of some kinda precedence, that's on reccord, where someone got a pardon for this?

I am thinking about reasoning in the following way:
1. I do have a PAL for firearms
2. the exact same gun can be bought off calcary based 007airsof ( yes i know just becasue its sold there doesnt mean i can import it, but would this carry any weight to my argument?)

Given this was my first infraction and it was a honest mistake, is there any way to get them to give me a pardom for this?

Any help would be really apreciated it.

Thanks
No, not possible.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 13:43   #39
cebolao

Quote:
First, there's nothing to "pardon". Your gun got seized, and end of story. And no, 007 doesn't sell all black guns to the public, just ones with clear receivers, and you can import those yourself if you can find them outside of Canada.

As for a PAL, it means jack shit when it comes to prohibited items. You should perhaps read the Big Ol' Airsoft Q&A thread. It'll answer a lot of your questions before you even need to ask them.

Airsoft Canada
I understand, I wish found that thread last year when i ordered this gun. I know PAL doesnt entitle me to import airsoft. But i was hoping that it would help my credibility to the case. I mean logisitically it really doesnt make sence that someone whos entittled to handle real guns isnt allowed to have a toy gun.

As for 007airsoft, the HI KAPA, the EXACT same model, is being sold, as matter of fact 007airsoft is taking pre orders now. link is right here:
http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/gas.htm

For some reason only KJW gas guns are shown as CANADA legal, where as the rest: Marui, WA etc are all not. Any ideas?

On the other hand, if 007 doesnt have the all black metal guns, where can i get them in Canada? I see you have quite a few nice pieces from your signature, how did you get them?
Old April 16th, 2009, 13:48   #40
Crunchmeister

The "Canadian legal" KJW guns have a smoked see-through frame. If you look closely in the pics, you'll see it. They're hard to see. That's what makes them Canadian legal. The one you ordered had a solid, non transparent frame. That's why it got seized. Note that under all the other guns categories on 007 there's the "Not for sale to civilians" caveat. Black guns are NOT available anywhere in Canada for sale to the general public, either in stores, through web sites, or out of the country.

If you're over 18, then meet up with a local ASC age verifier and you'll be able to access the Buy & Sell and retailer areas here on ASC. Then you'll have access to back guns. If you're not 18, then you're stuck with whatever you can find from Canadian suppliers.

Last edited by Crunchmeister; April 16th, 2009 at 13:51..
Crunchmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 13:56   #41
cebolao

Quote:
The "Canadian legal" KJW guns have a smoked see-through frame. If you look closely in the pics, you'll see it. They're hard to see. That's what makes them Canadian legal. The one you ordered had a solid, non transparent frame. That's why it got seized. Note that under all the other guns categories on 007 there's the "Not for sale to civilians" caveat. Black guns are NOT available anywhere in Canada for sale to the general public, either in stores, through web sites, or out of the country.

If you're over 18, then meet up with a local ASC age verifier and you'll be able to access the Buy & Sell and retailer areas here on ASC. Then you'll have access to back guns. If you're not 18, then you're stuck with whatever you can find from Canadian suppliers.

Thank you for the explanation Crunchmeister.
Yes I am over 18, actually well over Can't believer I am spending this much time and money just to get this gun. To be honest the only reason i want it is because when i was a kid i could never affort a toy like this. Not to say that back in the days, bb was nowhere this precise and good. Besides I just feel in love with this gun when i held it in Hong Kong. What a beautiful piece!
Shame that it has to be destroyed by the customs.

So who do i contact to get age verified? When does the buyand sell here has new guns? or just used ones?
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:03   #42
Crunchmeister

The buy & sell is mostly used guns. Great deals to be found though. Often you can end up getting upgraded guns in excellent condition with extra mags, etc for the price of a new one. There are also a few retailers that sell non-clear guns, but those are not as plentiful as they used to be, as it's hard to get stock.

Just a word of warning though to avoid you 'price shock'. Whatever you see a gun going for on a foreign site, convert that to Cdn funds, and our Canadian price will be 2-3x that price.

You can find your local age verifier in this thread.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...epresentatives
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:12   #43
cebolao

thanks for the info. Ya I already had my price shock, amazing that these toys costs almost as much as a real piece.

as for the age verifier, how do i contact those people on the list?

Lower Mainland-

Jasper (Kampfer)

Mark (Crash)

Moto
Can be contacted at:
ASC PM

optix
Can be contacted at:
ASC PM

ASC PM? How do i PM them if i cant find them?
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:17   #44
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Yeah just ASC PM them. Go into inbox and compose a new message. Type in their name and it should pop up, confirming that there is such a person.
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:23   #45
cebolao

thanks i just did

so any of you guys know any retailer where i can get the full metal black gas guns?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank