Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:33   #1
sab

Importing Clear Airsofts

Hi

I m new here and really pleased to join the community

I m planning to import a clear rifle

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-9-PRO-480-...QQcmdZViewItem

Do you think there is any problem for that. (customs, it is an airsoft but also clear so is it considered as a replique ?? I wiould appreciate if there are members who already tried to do so)

Thank you for help

S>
sab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:34   #2
tony123

480? LOL
tony123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:36   #3
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
480? LOL
My thoughts exactly.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:39   #4
sab

OK guys I know they are REALLY over estimating the FPS but my purpose is mainly for indoor sniping and the 250/270 real FPS would be enough.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:40   #5
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Unfortunetly if your looking for info regarding clearsoft you wont find much support here.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=40318

From what I understand the majority of the border services agents will apply these rules to clear items as well. Dont waste your time and money on clearsoft.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:43   #6
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
This Super 9 was chrono tested and shot consistently at 480 FPS w/ 0.12 BBs and 365 FPS w/ 0.20 BBs
I personally witnessed a clearsoft AK47 chrono at 370fps and a $300 springer rifle hit 380fps with .2s
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 22:44   #7
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
I personally witnessed a clearsoft AK47 chrono at 370fps and a $300 springer rifle hit 380fps with .2s
High FPS doesn't make a Airsoft (or Clearsoft) gun good. (I know, you never said they were good )

Whats 500fps if yah can't hit shit? Whats 500fps if your gun breaks after 2-3 games? Whats 500fps if your gun shrapnels you and your squad when blowing up?
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2007, 23:15   #8
Lakonian
kos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab View Post
OK guys I know they are REALLY over estimating the FPS but my purpose is mainly for indoor sniping and the 250/270 real FPS would be enough.

Indoor sniping? Jesus, H. Christ.

You'd be getting better results with a tweaked G19.
Lakonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:12   #9
sab

Hi all,

I know this model is very contreversial, and probably not suited to endure long battles !!!
but i m not willing to pay more than 100$ and this could be OK for that budget.

Moreover for my neighborhood i prefer having clear guns

Thanks

Last edited by sab; September 3rd, 2007 at 10:23..
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:07   #10
SuperCkicken

neighborhood?? u wouldnt happen to be playing in ur neighborhood would you?

and as for your question, importing that specific gun speedytoys says that it is able to be shipped into canada

http://www.speedytoys.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=670

Last edited by SuperCkicken; September 3rd, 2007 at 11:14..
SuperCkicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:26   #11
Uziguy
Banned

Yes this gun will make it through customs 100%. I know this because i've ordered the exact same gun in the past from blazing toys. I was disappointed with the quality of the gun, but you cant beat the price!

You should really consider the clear AIM M4A1 at blazing toys. Its a sweet gun at a sweet price and it too can be shipped here with no issues. I never even had to pay duties on the shippment and the package came with a sticker stating that it was "inspected by customs" and released because its 100% legal (clear).
Uziguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:45   #12
frankiet

First of all, although most people here are quick to dismiss clearsoft, note that there is actually a thread specifically for reviews of airsoft, crapsoft and CLEARSOFT!

So if you don't agree with clearsoft, that's fine, but don't start flaming the guy for asking about it.

Clearsoft / Airsoft Review

This thread was created by Bravo One-Six in an effort to get actual information on certain guns (clearsoft included). Airsoft started with TM being one of the only reliable brands out there. Classic Army is an example of a company that started with a less than stellar reputation, and look at them now. Some would argue that they are just about on par wtih TM (some say better).

Clearsoft right now has a less than stellar reputation. But like companies like JG, clearsoft can only get better. China is getting better at production.

And before you say that clearsoft isn't airsoft, just take a look at the clearsoft seller's own quote:

"This Stealth Model comes as a CLEAR almost invisible finish. You can let your imagination run wild and use your own paint scheme. Paint it Camo, Black or no color at all."

If you paint this gun, nobody would know it was ever clearsoft. Most snipers end up painting their gun anyway.

It seems that sab was looking for information, and nobody gave him any actual hands on, which makes your comments useless to him.

As for you Sab, all clearsoft/airsoft is ruled on a case by case basis by Customs. Call and request to talk to a tech and their opinion. Their's is the only opinion that counts. If they say it's good to go, I'd say buy it. Then you be the judge. Do your own review. Maybe you'll get the first clearsoft that isn't actually crap. Spring action guns are less likely to be crappy anyways.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:48   #13
frankiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziguy View Post
Yes this gun will make it through customs 100%. I know this because i've ordered the exact same gun in the past from blazing toys. I was disappointed with the quality of the gun, but you cant beat the price!
At least you are the only one giving some valuable info. You were disappointed in the quality. Can you be more specific. Were you disappointed in the fit and finish? Was it the performance?

As for getting through customs 100%, don't be so sure. Lots of illegal things make it past Customs scrutiny. I'd still say give Customs a call to make sure.
frankiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 12:01   #14
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

indoor....sniping...
you do understand snipers are only useful when they're outside the range of everyone elses gun right?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 16:05   #15
Greylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab View Post
Hi all,

I know this model is very contreversial, and probably not suited to endure long battles !!!
but i m not willing to pay more than 100$ and this could be OK for that budget.

Moreover for my neighborhood i prefer having clear guns

Thanks
I really think you should read about the laws surrounding airsoft as quickly as possible. Using those in a neighbourhood is NOT a smart move.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion