Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

So where do you guys usually get your guns from?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 13th, 2008, 16:36   #1
Pandonetho

So where do you guys usually get your guns from?

I've searched all over the forum and maybe I just suck, but I know there is an AV section for people selling/buying guns and that's all I can find.

Is that THE only place in all of Canada to order airsoft guns (the AV section)? Since importing an airsoft gun will get it seized if I'm not mistake.
Pandonetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 16:39   #2
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Aside from this websites age verified buy and sell, there is also a selection of online retailers you will learn the names of once you complete verifacation. All retailers import their items legally and many of them have excellent selections and pricing.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 16:40   #3
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Not too sure about other sources but on ASC You get

Advantages

1. Security, there are trader ratings given to each member and if they have negative ratings then you know what to do
2. Wide selection of guns
3. Knowledgeable staff
4. Friends you can meet to play airsoft games

Disadvantages

1. If you ask noob questions outside of noob zone you will get flamed like crazy
2. There are a few bad apples (They get dealt with quickly, but you never know when someone can change)

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 16:47   #4
zone 69

There are websites outside of this forum that sell clearsoft & CANsoft but only sell to peeps 18+. I will not post them here in fear of braking the forum rules.

Getting age verified opens up a hole new world of airsoft goodies.

Last edited by zone 69; December 13th, 2008 at 17:08..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 16:50   #5
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

When I first joined I felt safer on the forum as this community is tight-knit, definitely more so than paintball.

Scammers get banned and shunned from the Airsoft community not to mention they will never play at ANY Airsoft games. So rest assured its a good investment if you are 18+. I frequent this site 24/7 when I'm not busy with Uni

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 17:28   #6
L473ncy

I actually met some pretty cool people through airsoft.

When I was a newcomer to University here and I didn't know anyone I contacted someone on the forums here and now we're pretty good friends. You will meet the coolest people around Canada, it's almost like a fraternity. They pretty much treat you like family.

When I was up in Ontario for the summer a few people contacted me about hanging out. I never did meet any of them (cause of some issues getting around) but the people you meet here are friendly as hell.

There ARE other places to order but the problem is usually their smuggled in. Here you can be almost guaranteed that the stuff is imported legally.
Old December 13th, 2008, 18:24   #7
Pandonetho

Ok I have a question. It says "NOT FOR CIVILIAN?" for fully coloured airsoft guns and it lists the reason as to why.

http://www.007airsoft.com/products/htm/aeg-ics.htm

Q: NOT FOR CIVILIAN? What? Why?
A: Fully colored Airsoft guns are Replica Firearms in Canada, and they are PROHIBITED to be sold to civilians. Here at 007 Airsoft, we deal in Non-Replica Airsoft guns (Airsoft guns with clear bodies) for civilians. Make no mistake though, as our clear bodied Airsoft guns are not the regular low-quality products you might see from other websites. Our products are of top quality, from the makers of the best Airsoft products around the world.

But if this is true, isn't everyone who owns a fully coloured airsoft gun illegally possessing a replica? I've tried reading the FAQs about the laws and regulations, but now I'm confused.

Last edited by Pandonetho; December 13th, 2008 at 18:34..
Pandonetho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 18:42   #8
The Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
But if this is true, isn't everyone who owns a fully coloured airsoft gun illegally possessing a replica?
There are no laws against possessing replica firearms. All the laws are against importing, acquiring and transferring them.

So no, we're not illegally possessing replicas.
Old December 14th, 2008, 18:37   #9
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
Ok I have a question. It says "NOT FOR CIVILIAN?" for fully coloured airsoft guns and it lists the reason as to why.
It's a disclaimer, nothing more.
Old December 17th, 2008, 17:02   #10
battlerager

ok so let me make sure i understand this. they cant stop you from OWNING metal airsoft but they can prevent you from buying or shipping them?
battlerager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 17:05   #11
The Saint

That would be correct.
Old December 17th, 2008, 19:34   #12
airsoft newbie

why dont they show the fps on most guns on the 007 site?
airsoft newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 20:07   #13
The Saint

I wouldn't worry about most guns on 007, since they no longer carry most of their inventory. Anyways, exact fps figures on guns can be spotty, typically there's a range of fps that a model of gun will fall into. Sometimes manufacturers include that information, sometimes they don't. Sometimes retailers bother posting that info, sometimes they don't. When in doubt, google for a review of the gun in question.
Old December 17th, 2008, 21:29   #14
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Even me im 16 and i will be a good buy and wait for 18 and get age verified so i can get some real good shit hehe

but yeah just wait till your 18 like me if your not already and get age verified AS SIMPLE AS THAT

as for why im on this site i wanna meet people and discuss this sport so i dont have to be a noobie for when im 18 even if.. probably will still be... haha lol
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 21:53   #15
Crunchmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsoft newbie View Post
why dont they show the fps on most guns on the 007 site?
Because with serious airsoft guns, fps doesn't matter as long as its within the correct limits per field regulation. As long as it's 300-ish+ fps, that's all you really need. There are advantages to a higher velocity, but at 300+ fps, muzzle velocity has little significant impact on range or accuracy in most cases. More often than not, the accuracy and range of the gun will be affected by the hopup more than the muzzle velocity.

The only people that really worry about fps as the main selling point are noobs. That's why all the really shitty, cheap low end guns always have their high muzzle velocity as one of their main selling points. They know that noobs who don't know any better see a high number and think it's a better gun.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank