Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Similar scope to a Schmidt & Bender "Short Dot"

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 12th, 2012, 00:29   #31
dracu

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
So I ended up with the Vision King 1.25-5x26 scope. Talked to someone about it and apparently it's decent for ACM products, a step above your typical ACM stuff actually.
how's the eye relief on your scope? i wanna know before i get one. thanks.
dracu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:03   #32
tunabreath

I'd also like a detailed review of the Vision King. One of my teammates is looking at picking one up, and I might end up replacing my Accushot with one.
Old April 12th, 2012, 15:33   #33
L473ncy

Sorry guys, haven't gotten it yet. It's on order, I have no idea when it will be in my hands but when I receive it I'll do a simple review.
Old May 15th, 2012, 16:52   #34
Oborous

Update? What do you think of it?
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 19:30   #35
tunabreath

I can chime in here briefly, having looked through my teammate's.

Clarity, colour, and brightness are good, about on par with the Leapers offering, and better than most G&P and other chinese scopes I've looked through.
I didn't really notice very much distortion near the edges at any magnification levels, but I didn't look very carefully (more on that later).
I didn't really check in low light conditions, so I can't tell you too much about that.

The illumination is clean, as is the reticle. The blue illumination is... kind of beautiful, haha, just the colour of it. There's no practical benefit there, I just thought I'd mention it. It's not bright enough for daytime use as a red dot/high contrast aiming point, but it's more than enough for indoor/low light use. Again, since I didn't look through it in low light, I can't tell you if it's washed out or too bright in the dark.

Eye-relief and exit pupil seemed good, definitely better than all the other airsoft clone scopes, but I don't think they're quite as long/wide as the Leapers 1-4x. I was eyeing the scope in my hands and not mounted to a rifle, so I can't really compare accurately. I'd guess the eye relief is in the 3.5-4.5" range through all of the magnifications? It's definitely much much better than the combat optic clones (ACOGs and Elcans, and integrated G36/AUG/etc optics). I don't think there's any parallax adjustment (not that you'd need it for airsoft).

I didn't really check any mechanical functions, so I can't tell you about adjustment reliability/repeatability. The elevation/windage are capped. I didn't actually look at them, but I think they're coin adjustable, not finger adjustable. The ocular diopter and magnification adjustment seem solid, on par with the Leapers. The mag ring actually looks a LOT like the Bushnell Sportsman series, so I might already have a compatible cat tail done, I'll look into it.

Now for the biggest problem I personally had with the scope - the magnification range. There's no distortion or fish-eye at the lower end of the magnification because it doesn't acutally go down low, close enough to 1x to notice. For my own purposes, the bottom 1.5x is too high to be directly compared to a "true 1x" like other 1-4x scopes. I haven't looked through any of the newer 1-6x or 1-8x scopes from real manufacturers, so I'm wondering now if they have the same problem. The bottom end is truly 1.5x, not the 1.1x or 1.25x most other low-variable-mag scopes have that mimics 1x so closely that your eye glosses over and associates the images like a red dot/bindon aiming concept.
It basically comes down to the choice of roles you want the optic to fill. The higher top end magnification has its own advantages, and the 1.5x bottom end is still obviously much faster for aquisition/wider field of view than fixed 2.5x through 4x's, but just realize with this scope, you are not getting a "true 1x" style CQB scope.

Beyond that specific delineation of its role, it looks like a very reasonable scope for the money. I'd definitely put it at a notch above most ACM scopes, both in quality and value.

Last edited by tunabreath; May 15th, 2012 at 19:40..
tunabreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 23:45   #36
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Here's my Vector Optics 1-4x24mm scope! (With Vector Docter style rds, 45° mount, and ADM mount!)

and, mounted on my Scar-h

Old May 19th, 2012, 00:46   #37
leblanc74

Send a message via MSN to leblanc74
Millet

I have a brand new millet dms-1 up for grabs....
leblanc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 16:20   #38
Oborous

Has anyone found the 1.93" SPR mount, replica of course, actually in stock anywhere? I've been searching for nearly two weeks.
Old May 31st, 2012, 16:42   #39
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Here's my Vector Optics 1-4x24mm scope! (With Vector Docter style rds, 45° mount, and ADM mount!)

and, mounted on my Scar-h

Can you put up a detailed review of this package??
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 18:12   #40
tunabreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oborous View Post
Has anyone found the 1.93" SPR mount, replica of course, actually in stock anywhere? I've been searching for nearly two weeks.
Building Fire SPR1.5s are available all over the place, but I'm not sure if the 1.93 even has a china clone. (the BF SPR1.5 has very good build quality for the price, btw, if you're careful not to overtorque/crossthread/otherwise strip the screws that hold the ring halves together)

If you need the extra clearance, might I suggest mounting a clone SPR1.5 on a riser?
Old May 31st, 2012, 18:21   #41
Oborous

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
Building Fire SPR1.5s are available all over the place, but I'm not sure if the 1.93 even has a china clone. (the BF SPR1.5 has very good build quality for the price, btw, if you're careful not to overtorque/crossthread/otherwise strip the screws that hold the ring halves together)

If you need the extra clearance, might I suggest mounting a clone SPR1.5 on a riser?
I've found reference that both Bomber and King Arms made 1.93" replicas.

I may have to go for the 1.5", but as you know, I have an abnormally large head.
Old June 1st, 2012, 00:15   #42
L473ncy

Ah... Fuck me.

This project is going to be put on hiatus for now. I just have too many projects on the table. I need to finish another thing first (have the money for that at least) and other money issues ATM.

One of my friends got the Vision King and he says that he get's vertigo really easily because it's not a true 1x at the lowest setting it's like 1.25 or 1.5x. Also I might end up with either a Primary Arms or a Vector when I can get the ball rolling again....
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:52   #43
Oborous

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Ah... Fuck me.

This project is going to be put on hiatus for now. I just have too many projects on the table. I need to finish another thing first (have the money for that at least) and other money issues ATM.

One of my friends got the Vision King and he says that he get's vertigo really easily because it's not a true 1x at the lowest setting it's like 1.25 or 1.5x. Also I might end up with either a Primary Arms or a Vector when I can get the ball rolling again....
I was reading regarding real optics, one of the things that both the Elcan and the S&B have for them is how close to 1x their lowest setting actually is. I'm not an optical engineer, but reading that basically soon as you have any magnification, then inherently your bottom end cannot be a true 1x, so it's a trade off that I'd just expect with China Clones.
Old June 1st, 2012, 14:17   #44
tunabreath

Yeah. The Vision King 1-5x in particular though has quite a bit higher bottom end magnification than either the china clone (RSOV's, I think) SpectreDR, my Leapers 1-4x, or VCBoy's ACM 1-4x (a clone of my Leapers? or maybe same OEM. It had a couple problems my Leapers didn't, but otherwise seems identical?).
I really think the Vision King is a bit of a different animal because of it.
That Elcan (it's Randy's) has pretty exceptionally usable 1x and 4x, actually, just the exit pupil and eye relief are pretty tiny.
Old June 1st, 2012, 14:38   #45
Danke

It really depends on how well you can control the muscles in your eyes.

Can you look at a magic eye picture and see it in a snap? If so no problems focusing one eye at a different distance than the other eye.

The more you spend on one of these the happier you are; it's no surprise that the clones are thin on the ground for this particular flavor of optic.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion