Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Front Cover Markham paper: Proposed Ban of Sale, Possession of replica firearms...

:

General

Old September 18th, 2006, 10:44   #76
White_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid
Personally, I would just like to say that if I was at a quick stop and a guy came in with a gun, I would much rather it be an replica. Worst case then is he hits me with it, or shoots me with a BB if he gets pissed off. With a real gun, if he gets mad, I'm dead.

I would perosnally rather have replicas easier to get, for criminals and others. If criminals had easy access to that, it may be chosen over a real gun.
My thoughts exactly. but try to reason that to a politician, if its 18+ and are sold and treated as firearms then i say put them in every store, so that way if some retard is bent on holding up the next petrocan it be with a much more easily obtainable soft hitting airsoft gun. also then the whole some idiot kid got shot by police for playing in the streets with one would but fruitless, he souldnt have had in the first place. so lets stock those shelves with airsoft, every store you can think of. next on the adgenda, the inplacation of a 4 lane transcontinental super highway between japan and canada to facilitate a steady flow of airsoft 8)

White_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:55   #77
LUTNIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by v82slo
Elections are coming up and I'm willing vote against anyone that doesn't listen.
Since its impossible to vote against everyone, I guess you aernt going to vote?
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 18:21   #78
Phalanix
raaaaawrrr!

Well - I heard on 680 News today that York region is pushing for the ban of all replica firearms. Boo-urns.
Old September 19th, 2006, 18:39   #79
Jake

Yup. Just read about it here:

http://680news.com/news/local/articl...19_144902_3088
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 19:45   #80
trufret

Send a message via ICQ to trufret Send a message via MSN to trufret
The UK government tried to ban airsoft as part of a violent crime reduction law and the players became very vocal on the subject. From What I've seen the players are winning becasue the law was being looked over again as to adding airsoft as a valid reason for ownership. When the time comes if enough people stand up to the government together they will have to take notice. jsut have to follow in the footsteps of what the english did.

My OLD BUY/SELL Rating

Site Admin: Windsor Airsoft Club
trufret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 19:47   #81
Dracheous
Lego Head

trufet that's the UK... this is Canada, which means; Soccor moms = win, average everyday people = S.O.L

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 20:55   #82
Droc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracheous
trufet that's the UK... this is Canada, which means; Soccor moms = win, average everyday people = S.O.L
we arnt average everyday people. ASC numbers around 14,400 people...considering the newbs, minors, and those who just join but dont do anything, Ill bet there are less then 8,000 actual players in Canada. No one gives a rats ass about airsoft. All it looks like is a bunch of people running around with guns. Thats all it will ever look like.
Just look at the ASC off-topic. There are countless threads that turn into vigilante killing discussions. Some very radical ideas on these forums. Its not hard to assume that average everyday people would look at airsofters as dangerous, unbalanced people. I dont blame them. You got young men and middle aged people playing solider...posing with gun, terrorist training, etc.
Lets face the facts, airsoft attracts a specific breed of people...and over the past few years, that breed of people is viewed as a problem.
Normal grown men dont go out and do role-playing.

I think we can all agree that those +30 year olds who get togher, dress like wizards and elves and fight eachother with foam swords are freaks. They arnt right. Be it old vergins or failed dreams....its fucked.
...same with those wackos who dress up like transformers and shit....
airsoft is the same crap....cept we look cooler.
But its basically all live action role-playing games.

So you got live action role playing, cosplay, airsoft....but you wanna know what the public sees?

the be all, end all is that no matter what, the average everyday person will look at us and see problems. Our numbers are so small, pushing back against the goverment isnt gonna do shit.

You think if your gearing up at foxden and someone makes a wrong turn in the foxden drive and sees a bunch people with assault weapons....you know whats in their heads....terrorist training camp like the one they found during the toronto terrorist raids. And shit, with all the radical talk that goes on in these forums, they would have every reason to think that...

And lets face it, we all heard stories of people using airsoft for crimes. Last year I got someone on MSN who was asking me where to find a holster for his M11 so he could hide it when he went out on friday nights and then scare people with it. Im sure there are countless people who use airsoft guns to commit crimes.

airsoft isnt doomed, its lasted this long...but we all know it cant last forever. Guns may be cool, but they dont help. You all can argue it all till we are blue in the face, but the dawson shooting and that shooting last year in the US where the kid had an airsoft gun, begs to differ.

dont get me wrong, I love guns....I love guns just as much as everyone else in here. But truth be told, I dont see the need for people to own handguns or other restricted firearms. Banning guns is no answer(ala "saying guns kill people is like saying pencils cause spelling mistakes"), but the only reason I need to own the guns that I do...is for hunting....
Old September 19th, 2006, 21:02   #83
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylocks
Again, there are two problems here. One is idiots, one is the government.
Those two things could very well be one ... just saying is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
So you got live action role playing, cosplay, airsoft....but you wanna know what the public sees?
We clearly have to create a ban trench coats.
Old September 19th, 2006, 21:20   #84
Fidget11

ultimately i think that people need to be in contact with their members of parliament... who knows they may well be receptive to our issues and may be willing to help. all it takes is one mp to (in theory at least) get a bill going.

Primary: G36K
Secondary: FMU SIG P226
Fidget11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 21:28   #85
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

im glad I found this thread.

Im all for the parade/petition at parliament.
Since this stemmed from a BB gun drive by, you ban BB guns. then they use paintball.
so you ban paintball.
Then the tourny ballers get pissed. then the **** hits the fan. maybe we can use the soccer moms that have kids that paintball to our advantage. if they exist anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 21:49   #86
Bosco

well with the last shooting that went on i guess its only natural for this issue to come up, we will go through the same cycle they will blame fake guns, then they will start blaming the illegal import of real guns and nothing will get done, because we have such a wonderful way of governing things in this country. The police and the politicians are just trying to make it look like they care, if they did they'd be working on getting REAL guns off the street, they said in gun crimes 30% were fake guns, well...whats wrong with that statement, that means 70% of the time people were ACTUALLY in danger, as for the decision on wether or not they have to end the robbers life, well who cares, if you are dumb enough to do that then u will pay for it. we seem to have forgotten about personal responsibility in this country. This will pass a couple regions will pry put a 18+ restriction on the sale of fakes but all in all it will slowly phase out until we get another moron with a real gun killing people. Its sad that the police are wasting time on fake guns when there are idiots out there somehow sneaking real guns past the police and killing innocent people. its simple and its sad the politicians dont see it, you take care of the real guns and make sure only mature people are dealing with the fake ones, if u use a fake one to commit a crime then tough luck they treat it like a real gun, it's common sense. but hey, what do I know lol
Bosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 22:53   #87
RickJames
Banned

Kan someone add soccermoms to the banned word list... Im getting sick of hearing it

They wont care about airsoft as long as their getting some action from the drunk baseball dads
RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 23:03   #88
Vowels

I couldn't read this ENTIRE thread, but i will add in my 2c,

I am all for the 18+ restrictions, i've seen too many 14-15-16... year olds with those canadian tire soft air springers that have been painted black to look real and cause shit, there are also thoes ones that get their hands on actuall airsoft guns and they are terrorising people with them and that is wrong and i know everyone will agree with me on that, but while they are trying to ban "replica" guns, actually speaking replica means non firing and clearly our guns fire.

And what about real BB guns, i don't see them trying to ban those, you could walk into canadian tire get one of those CO2 powered hand gun ones that DO look real and have a little mag that holds them shooting at 495 FPS with STEEL bb's but no those are alright? like cmon those things can do WAY more damage then an airsoft gun could ever do and i do believe the media and w/e is looking at those as well but who knows

this is all just a bunch of bullshit, i've been in airsoft for a year now {KAMLOOPS AIRSOFTCLUB represent (lol)} and this is the first time i'm actually worried about the guns i own and about the hundredes of thousands of dollars spent by people on this, like take a look at XP and specarms, they got shut down and we still don't know why, maybe its a CBSA thing for what markham is trying to do and there was 100K plus gone

i'm also all for petitions and "freedom" runs in ottawa and other cities

sorry if this didn't make any sence i am rather tired and hate long "speachs"
Vowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 23:04   #89
Vivisector

Send a message via MSN to Vivisector
Would getting together a petition with all members of ASC signing it even help?

Perhaps we should be asking over at Arnie's what the UK airsofters did to keep the sport alive?
Vivisector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 23:09   #90
Vowels

it may, it may not

but i'm sure we could gather a hell of a lot of airsofters, AK forum ASC forum and god knows how many others, it would be a mass chain letter
Vowels is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General