:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 24th, 2009, 17:57   #31
Schlyder
IronOverlord

I'll take 3 as well.
Old September 24th, 2009, 18:16   #32
Oborous

I've shot AEG's with shredders in them, they're really something to watch.

They are really predictable, shooting .25 KSC's they seem to snake up and down (like a gentle wave form). I don't know about shooting nickles at 30 ft, but hitting a pie plate very consistently at 125 feet+ is very probable.

From the website
Quote:
The SCS makes your hop-up very sensitive and it must be aligned/centered properly to get its maximum effect.
I really agree, I'm confident that I'll be able to eventually fix anything, but you really do want to ensure that you install this thing correctly.

Combine this with DonP's (unconventional airsoft) 3 round burst feature and you'll be saving BB's and mechboxes (so you're not hurting your gun with semi-auto fire).

Oborous
Oborous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 18:26   #33
Azathoth

That was something i wanted to add but ASC ate my post. At long distances or shooting upwards (say into the top of a tree) the BB will follow a sinusoidal like wave pattern much like PTWs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 19:05   #34
baker_Jeff

They say they'll have stock in about a week. I'm having them ship me a bunch as soon as they get them!

Jeff

Out of the Game 04/22/16
baker_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 19:23   #35
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
That was something i wanted to add but ASC ate my post. At long distances or shooting upwards (say into the top of a tree) the BB will follow a sinusoidal like wave pattern much like PTWs.
The Tackleberry hop-up mod accomplishes the exact same thing that this Shredder item does. It forms a concave contact surface for the hop-up rubber, and increases shot-to-shot consistancy. It seems with the PTW, it is most effective with heavy BBs, 0.28g and up.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 20:57   #36
Amos

Hrrrm Looks like I'll be getting one of these things... But I doubt they would work very well with a firefly rubber lol
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 21:16   #37
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
They say to not use it with any notched rubber, as it will remove any improvement and have adverse effects on performance

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 21:41   #38
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Hrrrm Looks like I'll be getting one of these things... But I doubt they would work very well with a firefly rubber lol
just for clarification, is that cause these spaces work better with soft rubber? i am a little confused on that point (which rubber grade i should used with these)

EDIT: forgot to add, i read his FAQ, and he says to use systema or guarder clear, but i was told that those rubbers shred a lot. is there anything else?

Last edited by Donster; September 24th, 2009 at 21:45..
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 21:59   #39
Rookie Ab
a.k.a. Kody_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker_Jeff View Post
They say they'll have stock in about a week. I'm having them ship me a bunch as soon as they get them!

Jeff
When you get them ,drop me a line.I'll take a few. Thanks

Rookie Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:17   #40
Azathoth

I have another batch of 30 Spacers in my hand I am filling old requests. I have a waiting list and you will be contacted or I will refer you to someone else.

1. DO NOT use notched rubbers. You won't notice and improvement in accuracy you may see a decrease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
just for clarification, is that cause these spaces work better with soft rubber? i am a little confused on that point (which rubber grade i should used with these)

EDIT: forgot to add, i read his FAQ, and he says to use systema or guarder clear, but i was told that those rubbers shred a lot. is there anything else?
I use Prometheus Hard in my P90 with the shredder, The P90 hopup is better designed and can fit the hard rubber and still allow air to pass through even on low fps setups. I have noticed that the hard rubber barely fits into my Prometheus Neo, and even at a 500 FPS setup I can't get BB's out of the barrel. BBs stay jammed in the rubber. I will post my setups below:

I recommend, Prometheus soft or hard, Systema and TM rubbers. I haven't used guarder clear but I have read positive results from foreign language forums. However it's a guarder product and well....

Yes the Systema Rubber doesn't last long with the SCS installed, A 416 that I had installed a Systema rubber lasted 50k rounds and the rubber was worn almost to the point where you can push the SCS through the rubber actually ALL rubbers will experience a shorter life span, I don't know if this is the fault of the rubber or the user and it's my only observation with Systema Rubbers and SCS. If you squeeze the SCS hard enough between your fingers you will break your skin. I replaced my Prom soft rubber in my M4 this year after 8 months of shooting with SCS, It probably could have kept on going for another year but i ripped the rubber when I was cleaning the barrel.

M4 setup @ 400FPS w/0.2
Prometheus Neo hopup chamber,
Prometheus Soft rubber
SCS
promtheus 407mm barrel

P90 CQB
Bone Stock TM gearbox
Tanio Koba 247mm barrel
Prometheus HARD rubber
SCS

P90 Field - 400 fps
407mm KN tightbore
Prommy hard rubber
SCS

Quote:
The Tackleberry hop-up mod accomplishes the exact same thing that this Shredder item does. It forms a concave contact surface for the hop-up rubber, and increases shot-to-shot consistancy. It seems with the PTW, it is most effective with heavy BBs, 0.28g and up.
I've shot Two factory PTWs with the tackleberry mod done by yourself and I would say that the PTW and my SCS enabled guns guns shoot pretty much identically when both guns have the same muzzle velocity, shooting the same 0.25 genuine KSC perfect (not the Canadian rebrand)

I still haven't had the chance to do a soft bb vs hard bb, or a light vs heavy comparison between the two but people have mentioned that shooting heavier ammo yields better results. This may just be that heavier ammo is better for accuracy anyways.

As an observation, on a game just this Saturday past, Oborous and I were standing side by side shooting at the same person, with the essentially the same gun (systema hopset + rubber vs my setup above). His without SCS, he said he needed to lob the BB's onto target, and I didnt. He was shooting .25 KSC, and I shot .30 KSC, Again not the Canadian rebrand junk.
Quote:
---

Last edited by Azathoth; September 24th, 2009 at 22:44.. Reason: Grammar, spelling missing information
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:35   #41
flack

thanks for the info Azathoth

ill take 2 if your waiting list is not too long
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 23:04   #42
Azathoth

Something I forgot to mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oborous View Post
I've shot AEG's with shredders in them, they're really something to watch.

They are really predictable, shooting .25 KSC's they seem to snake up and down (like a gentle wave form). I don't know about shooting nickles at 30 ft, but hitting a pie plate very consistently at 125 feet+ is very probable.

From the website
I really agree, I'm confident that I'll be able to eventually fix anything, but you really do want to ensure that you install this thing correctly.
Oborous
YES the adjustment wheel becomes super sensitive. If you don't have a prometheus Neo hopup chamber get one. If you can't afford it then find a small rubber washer or a gearbox shim and place it behind the hopup adjustment wheel.

You don't want your wheel to back off or move AT ALL. When you are adjusting hopup you will be moving the wheel in fingernail width increments to get the sweet spot on the dial. - Advantage PTW once you have the hopup set properly it should never move.

Lastly, about the prometheus rubbers. I noticed that their is a break in period of about 300-800 rounds for the soft.
Quote:
---
Old September 24th, 2009, 23:39   #43
Donster

ok thanks. ill use prometheus hard in my M14 and prom. soft in my G36C, both with spacers.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 23:59   #44
mcguyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I've shot Two factory PTWs with the tackleberry mod done by yourself and I would say that the PTW and my SCS enabled guns guns shoot pretty much identically when both guns have the same muzzle velocity, shooting the same 0.25 genuine KSC perfect (not the Canadian rebrand)

I still haven't had the chance to do a soft bb vs hard bb, or a light vs heavy comparison between the two but people have mentioned that shooting heavier ammo yields better results. This may just be that heavier ammo is better for accuracy anyways.

As an observation, on a game just this Saturday past, Oborous and I were standing side by side shooting at the same person, with the essentially the same gun (systema hopset + rubber vs my setup above). His without SCS, he said he needed to lob the BB's onto target, and I didnt. He was shooting .25 KSC, and I shot .30 KSC, Again not the Canadian rebrand junk.
I would suspect that this Shredder system would function the same as the Tackleberry mod in regards to heavy BBs. They can apply insane amounts of pressure to a 0.30g that with full hop-up, you can't hit the ground 15 feet in front of you, the goes AAA right out of the barrel. The ability to apply so much more rotational energy to the BB means that as it flies, it will decay to ineffective much later in the flightpath. This is why it has that undulating trajectory.

The Tackleberry mod is not recommended for anything less than 0.28g BBs. My best results came with 0.30g. 0.25g still suffered from drifting at the outsides of it's flightpath that the 0.30g didn't. Again, I would suspect that one should be using heavy BBs with this Shredder arrangement.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:24   #45
m102404
Tys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
ok thanks. ill use prometheus hard in my M14 and prom. soft in my G36C, both with spacers.
NO you will not change your M14. It's right at 399 with 2-3 fps variance and you said it shot sweeter than candy. DON'T fuck with that setup...please.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications