VSR 10 question

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 1st, 2009, 12:16   #1
Grinch23
drywall bully

Send a message via MSN to Grinch23
VSR 10 question

alright pro's heres some more question about the Vsr 10 well anyways i have an Aeg and im planing on buying a Vsr10 so i can practise with both guns i was wondering where i would be able to purchase parts for the gun i mean internal parts and why do most people say the vrs10 is better then l96? does it break faster or something?
Grinch23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 13:53   #2
Muffin

You can get all sorts of upgrade parts for the VSR. I'm not sure about too many canadian retailers carrying VSR parts but over-seas retailers have alot to choose from.
I think the VSR is more sought after for the fact of its wide range of parts.
And for a final thought, I would reccomend you go with a quality VSR such as TM.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 13:57   #3
Amos

VSR-10 has much more parts available for it.

Aslong as you get a TM, you'll be very happy with your purchase
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 18:29   #4
Grinch23
drywall bully

thanks all for the advice ill be looking into a vsr10 maybe in a month or to
Old July 1st, 2009, 19:17   #5
Rectangular

Send a message via MSN to Rectangular
Im sorry to counter the above two statements, Depending on what your planning on doing. If you just gonna leave it stock, Get tm, HOWEVER most ppl dont settle for stock snipers, so if you plan on upgrading it, I would get a knock off, Like TSD for 200 bucks, Cause your going to be replacing all the internals anyways, so why would u pay the extra 300-400 and then rip out all the good stuff? I purchased a TSD for 210 to my door, and replaced all the internals with laylax and seems to be the perfect weapon. Not sure about Tm, Think its in the 350-400 range, but TSD out of the box is 498fps..........

So all depends on what you plan to do with it. Leave it stock then buy TM, Upgrade then buy TSD.

Hope this helped,
-Rect-
Old July 1st, 2009, 19:49   #6
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectangular View Post
Im sorry to counter the above two statements, Depending on what your planning on doing. If you just gonna leave it stock, Get tm, HOWEVER most ppl dont settle for stock snipers, so if you plan on upgrading it, I would get a knock off, Like TSD for 200 bucks, Cause your going to be replacing all the internals anyways, so why would u pay the extra 300-400 and then rip out all the good stuff? I purchased a TSD for 210 to my door, and replaced all the internals with laylax and seems to be the perfect weapon. Not sure about Tm, Think its in the 350-400 range, but TSD out of the box is 498fps..........

So all depends on what you plan to do with it. Leave it stock then buy TM, Upgrade then buy TSD.

Hope this helped,
-Rect-
First off, FPS means nothing. a 280 FPS TM VSR-10 will out-range your 498 FPS TSD gun. High FPS is useless when you can't put a BB where you want to.

No clone will have the tolerances that a TM will have. All parts are percisian designed for the TM, PDI parts have a 1/1000 tolerance... Clones will not have anywhere close to this.

A clone rifle upgraded with the exact same parts as a TM one will preform worse than the TM one.

I've been sniping for about 2 1/2 years now, I started with a TM VSR-10 and the only thing that's stock on my gun now is the stock its self...

Go parent brand or go home, specially when it comes to sniper rifles.
G3SD6
Old July 1st, 2009, 20:57   #7
Rectangular

U fail to see what im getting at, Im saying, In my sniper, Which is a TSD I pulled EVERYTHING out and replaced it. So there is nothing clone left, Ur basically paying the 200 for a stock and outer barrel, However yes you are right a TM will outgun any knock off any day even with its high Fps, and a TM would be my first choice too if I wasnt planning on pimping the Sh*t out of my sniper, However in the long run if you plan on replacing everything anways, Why pay a ridiculous price for a stock and a outer barrel(which wont affect the performance )? TM>TSD. All depends what your doing in my mind...

**Edit* If your going to get a Sniper to where it will actually perform as a sniper and hit its target 95% of the time you are going to have to invest some time and money. Replacing:
-barrel
-pistol
-piston head
-cylinder
-trigger assembly
-sears
-hop-up unit
-hop-up rubber

Only thing left would be body and outer barrel. Just my thinking and 2 cents anyways. *Edit**
-Rect-

Last edited by Rectangular; July 1st, 2009 at 21:04..
Rectangular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:01   #8
Amos

Quote:
U fail to see what im getting at, Im saying, In my sniper, Which is a TSD I pulled EVERYTHING out and replaced it. So there is nothing clone left, Ur basically paying the 200 for a stock and outer barrel, However yes you are right a TM will outgun any knock off any day even with its high Fps, and a TM would be my first choice too if I wasnt planning on pimping the Sh*t out of my sniper, However in the long run if you plan on replacing everything anways, Why pay a ridiculous price for a stock and a outer barrel(which wont affect the performance )? TM>TSD. All depends what your doing in my mind...

-Rect-
... You're talking about replacing all the internals, I'm not failing to see what you're saying at all... It's quite the opposite.

the TSD body will not have the same spec as the TM's, so the cylinder wont be positioned 100% correct. The TSD's hop-up is also a piece of garbage when compared to the TM unit.

When going for a top end sniper rifle, start with a parent brand, don't bother with clones because you'll have a rifle you've sunk hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades into that doesn't preform to its top potential.

I've got roughly $1000 worth of internals in my VSR-10... I started with a TM because the high end upgrades were DESIGNED for TM parts not the clone parts, the differences and poor tolerances in the clones will make things not work as well as they could.

No matter how you cut it, TM is better than TSD. It's like using after-market parts made for a Mazda car on a Honda.. sure it can be done... but the parts weren't made for that particular thing in mind.

I would most likely have been better off building from scratch, but I used the stock TM for about a year before I started upgrading and I don't regret any of it
G3SD6

Last edited by Amos; July 1st, 2009 at 21:14..
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:09   #9
Rectangular

We should stop our pointless rambling, Cause obviously we both have strong opinions in opposite ways and should respect this thread and get back on topic, Why are VRS's better then L96. I have never owned a L96, But have played with one and can tell you VSR's are a hella alot lighter then a L96.

-Rect-
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:19   #10
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
We should stop our pointless rambling, Cause obviously we both have strong opinions in opposite ways and should respect this thread and get back on topic, Why are VRS's better then L96. I have never owned a L96, But have played with one and can tell you VSR's are a hella alot lighter then a L96.

-Rect-
Hella lot harder to do rapid fire with an l96, I can pull 7-10 aimed (within 100 feet) shots within a second with a vsr but with a l96 I could only fire about 4-6 a second. That is all stock/grip design that brought me to this conclusion (aswell as trying this with each). I have yet to, and probably will never, really test anything else between the 2 designs.

This is only really a matter if, like me, you rather use a bolt action as a combat rifle rather then a sniper.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:21   #11
Amos

There isn't as much available for the L96 as there is for the VSR, and parent brand L96's are VERY hard to find (so you're pretty much using a clone as a base.)

VSR-10's make a better sniper rifle than the L96...

VSR-10's and CA M24's are pretty much on par the way I see it, but CA M24's are getting very hard to find.
G3SD6
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:41   #12
Grinch23
drywall bully

so i should buy the tm vsr10 cause it lighter faster and easier to upgrade? so why would anyone buy the well l96 because it come with scope, bipod? or cause it shoots higher fps?
Old July 1st, 2009, 21:44   #13
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch23 View Post
so i should buy the tm vsr10 cause it lighter faster and easier to upgrade? so why would anyone buy the well l96 because it come with scope, bipod? or cause it shoots higher fps?
Exactly. Also cheaper but mainly the high fps. Noobs cream themselves over 450+ fps.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 23:30   #14
Rectangular

With either a clone of a VSR or a L96 that shooting over 450 fps.....sometihng is bound to break and it will. My trigger sear broke after 200 shots, So if you do get a clone just cause of the FPS, expect to be investing some cash into it......

-Rect-
Old July 1st, 2009, 23:40   #15
Grinch23
drywall bully

yeah i realized that higher fps more power to the internall faster it breaks i see that so when i do get it it once it breaks or maybe befor im gonan upgrade the internals so it can handle the high fps thank you all for the advice ill be on here soon maybe talkign about my gun lol
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank