Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Who got you into airsoft, Who put you onto ASC

:

General

Old February 12th, 2010, 17:31   #46
Drow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Mighty Mouse on the boards here got me into airsoft.. Went to highschool with him.
Then he got me onto the boards. And then I turned into a forum troll lol.
This noob did it.
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 17:39   #47
HeadlessChicken

Best friend and I had hit a Vegas local gun range where we fired off some real steal for our first time. On the return trip we had discussed airguns and airsoft so I had started researching both and found to like airsoft better. A couple thousand dollars later, I dragged him into the sport.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 18:20   #48
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
In late 2007 when I started working Security, I got to talking with one of my co-workers who ended up becoming my site supervisor. He mentioned this thing called airsoft a couple times, and I ended up asking him to explain what that is. He started explaining how he has a BB gun that looked just like an M16 and so on and so forth. He brought his laptop to work that night so we hopped on someones open connection and started looking things up. First up was a couple Youtube videos, then started looking for where to buy guns.

He knew a little about the laws so we tried looking for places in Canada. Came across 007 and buyairsoft.ca after weeding through a bunch of US and Asian sites. Eventually found ASC, started reading through the site and trying to learn as much as I could. I made sure I read every sticky (note to all noobs: fuckin' do this!) before I even registered. I had a few of my own newbie questions but I got squared away right quick thanks to people like Tyson, TS and the like.

I ended up finding my way to Jeroons to get AV'ed and as I walked in I remembered I was in here before. I was in Port Credit to do some fishing outta the Credit River a little while before that and I went in with some friends to check shit out. At the counter was a dude who was talking guns with Jeroon and that was just fucking awesome. Growing up in Scarborough guns were a very taboo subject but there was always a bit of an attraction to guns since I was little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:51   #49
NoGear
likes being humiliated

When i was little we always played fake guns, we used sticks, old lazer guns and we would shoot each other pretendly and say "gotch ya" we also played many stalking games.
two years ago i was looking up a few anime replica guns and came across a posidon kit for a pistol that turned it into a huge gun. I searched so called airsoft lurked asc for 4 months before joining and bought a thundermaul to ease my replica needs. Now i wait for that upgrade form gotcha to "pew pew pew" and anime replica looking to m4 :P
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:51   #50
nidan

While suffering a mid-life crisis, an employee of my wife's showed me his Sig Pro CO2 pistol and told me he and a few guys went out to some scrub brush filled area and "played" military.
Yearning to be young again, I tagged along one day. A bunch of guys from Brooks came out to and I had one hell of a fun time!! Gained a nickname..."sneaky 'ol bastard" and felt 20 years younger (despite the nickname).
GreenDevil latched me onto ASC, he verified me (ha) and have done me a lot of reading. Seems I'm hooked; especially after attending Claybank 2009. WOW!!
nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 05:56   #51
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Found airsoft via internet when I was a wee lass. I found this site via a link on redwolf airsoft, and a link to the main local boards via this site. Alas, being a wee lass I had to wait. So I put airsoft out of my mind (I'm not very patient, it was better to forget about it for a while) and stumbled upon it again when I was 6ish months away from my 18th B-Day.
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 06:44   #52
Sim123456

I have a fascination for guns, and the closest counterparts that I found are airsofts. Being in Canada, having a RS is complicated and no one near my familly want me to have one. A RS, you can't play with it in your house, let it disassembled a week on the kitchen table. You don't have to have a license and since my airsofts never quit my house, I can let them everywhere without having to buy a safety lock for them. And in Canada, you can' really play with an RS, you can't have rare full automatic guns etc. Not as fun as airsofts guns! This is why I love them. I'm actually writting a RS license form but even then, I rather spend my money upgrading my gun then paying for the cours that I have to follow. There is also the kick that complete metal guns with black metal lower are prohibited devices, and knowing that in my hand they are not dangerous for anyone, is a +, like an undergroung passion.

I don't remember who put me here

Last edited by Sim123456; February 13th, 2010 at 06:48..
Sim123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:02   #53
Brit ter

Looking for Items for the museum and thanks to Jeroon at Armyissue ,here I am !
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:29   #54
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
A buddy of mine came back from a work stint in HK. Went on and on about "airsoft" and my other buddies got all hyped up about it. We talked it over and then dove into researching and "shopping". Got f*cked over by P.Khang on our second order.

Start up of $600 quickly became $1000, then $1500, then...I stopped counting.

We hit pretty much every game in the area (FR Old/New, Wasaga, Sgt Splatters, TTAC3, etc..) for pretty much a season and a half. Then we tapered off a bit.

I still remember the FR games when we were shooting up the Marine base with our stock TM's. We could see our targets...but our shots were falling short. Then came the return fire...zip, zip, zip right past us, through brush. Right after that game we said, "that's it...we're upgrading". And then the real madness started.

It's been a wild ride since.

Footnote: Our wives formed a club called WOA...Widows Of Airsoft. They've been gaining ground on us lately with housing and paternal pressures...but the underground resistance is strong and growing.
Isn't that the truth, my fiancee will soon join the WOA........
I got into airsoft when I was like 9 in HK My cousin start shoting me with their shell loaded springer and I went at them with the "new" JAC the rest is history..............Move along to Canada in 86/89 I heard that there was a small airsoft player base in Toronto through a friend in St Andrew's college where I attended Junior school, when I looked into it I was introduced to this tall skinny white boy named Wayne(Poncho) along with few others we became friends, at the time we are talking like maybe 2 dozen players playing airsoft in the begining thats it, I think he was the only non Chinese players, we got along and we started playing at paintball city regularly along with some new converted paintball players especially at Wasagabeach paintball. Soon a few others like P. Kang, Randy, Greg started sprouting stores and the rest is history

Over the years we formed up teams like team STAT, SD UNIT, and the notorious HOTSHOT, then by 95/98 teams and airsoft are sprouting like crazy thanks to the creation of a small Canadian website by Tru and others, what it will evolved to ASC now. Thanks to ASC the majority of Canadian Xring, airsoftzone members came aboard so soon after there are no more games that required 2 months ahead to set up and countless nights on the phone to organize. Eventually we are here in present time even though teams have long disolved, we are still here alive and kicking but like tyson said our wives and other paternal duties kinda taking over our airsoft time.

Last edited by wildcard; February 15th, 2010 at 15:59..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:41   #55
Soulfly

Send a message via MSN to Soulfly
I've been interested in Airsoft since I've heard about it.. But I'd have to say that baker_jeff over at Capital Airsoft got me into airsoft.

Jeff's been a friend for a while, since before airsoft. I've helped him a few times with automotive business.
Old February 13th, 2010, 16:05   #56
QKLee11

Stumble upon it on You Tube. I am a former Infantry Sgt and was going to get back into the Reserves until I found this. All I wanted to do was tactics, patrolling and field/battlecraft. Went to TTAC Airsoft Convention last year and was recruited by Krusty to be the Trg SGT on Force Recon...now I am hooked on an expensive Hobby...but a fun one.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 16:28   #57
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
I blame Sadiztix. He showed me his rifle (nice way of saying he shot me in the ass with it) and said there were games played with these things. I enjoyed paintball, so I figured it'd be along those lines.

Went out to a game just as an observer and next thing I know, someone stuck a glock in my hand.

The first time I snuck up and shot someone, I was hooked through the bag.

6 years and thousands of dollars later...
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 16:36   #58
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
My Language Arts teacher got me into it.

Well, I was introduced to clearsoft by a friend in my Ukrainian Dance Troupe. Played that for a while until I heard about real airsoft, but i was still under 18. After talking to my teacher I learned he was an Age Verifier.

Needless to say, as my birthday was in the middle of summer, thats the only time i actively sought out a teacher during the summer.
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 17:38   #59
Reckless

like alot of others I had an affiliation with Real steel including competition shooting when I was younger. I had since sold everything off moved several times, and "moved on" with life getting into a career (an injury while in cadets had basically killed a military career). jump to a couple of years ago a co worker were talking about old pasttimes and shooting. well he shows up the next day with a couple springers an an EBB pistol. and the shop turns into a shooting gallery... BB's everywhere (the boss is away on vacation ofcourse!).

anyways... the boss comes back ... and ofcourse it's impossible to clean up all the bb's ... he finally asked where the hell all the little bb's he keeps finding are from. so we tell him and show him the lil springers. The next day he shows up with his full auto, elec hopper Co2 fed paintball gun... the war starts between the boss and the crew in the shop (it was horribly one sided, even with our numbers, his gun was HOT and his PB's were crap...)

I go to crappy tire and look at the options, end up sneaking an AEG M4 into the shop and suprising the boss with it the next day. well his PB gun failed, and suddenly a cease fire to the war had been called. Boredom set in, me and another co worker started looking for somewhere to go play army man. stumbled onto ASC and BC airsoft .. found SIR and found out there was a milsim coming up. in 2008 I was hooked , and now I'm SIR's problem! hah!

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:12   #60
shadow_matter

Send a message via MSN to shadow_matter
A friend brought a shitty clear-soft one over to my place so I could rewire it. This was probably 4-5 years ago.

I stumbled upon ASC by accident while looking for wiring diagrams. Got AV'd, bought a TM within the first week.

Now I am working on my own micro controller. Since then I have been lucky enough to get an un-official team together to practice and game when not attending events.

This hobby/sport usually happens one way or the other; you get completely absorbed into it and just cannot stop, or it gets handled like a regular hobby, spend time on it when you have time.

"I play airsoft, yes yes..."

shadow_matter is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General