Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

GBB M4's: WA | Inokatsu | WE

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 25th, 2009, 10:34   #61
Nabisco_Lobstrosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf Airsoft View Post
And as your Sig suggests, it's important to check your local import laws. M4 receivers are considered a restricted import into Canada, and likely to be siezed by Customs. Why would you ask a Canadian to buy one from your store?
Old February 25th, 2009, 10:57   #62
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabisco_Lobstrosity View Post
And as your Sig suggests, it's important to check your local import laws. M4 receivers are considered a restricted import into Canada, and likely to be siezed by Customs. Why would you ask a Canadian to buy one from your store?
haha well I wouldn't order one myself, but maybe get one of the retailers too if I really needed to
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:15   #63
stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabisco_Lobstrosity View Post
Ummm... he didnt ask anyone to buy anything. He just told the guy to visit his site.
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 13:54   #64
Nabisco_Lobstrosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
Ummm... he didnt ask anyone to buy anything. He just told the guy to visit his site.
Visit the website for ... WA GBB metal bodies.

In response to ... his question on where he could get some.

And that's a problem because? Any guesses? Wait for it ... because they're likely to get siezed.

I could probably draw some sort of picture as to why buying a WA GBB metal body from Redwolf would be a bad idea, if you still don't follow me, Stokes.
Old February 25th, 2009, 15:02   #65
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
RA-Tech is working on new cheaper mags fot the WA, they say it's going to cost around $60US and they can use AEG mag outer shells. they are also going to release CO2 mags in April-May. this coupled with the NAPS bolt means that we can lower the FPS and maintain the stronger blowback while using less total gas.
TM switched to AEGs because clasic airsoft guns need external gas tanks which many players didnt like. i wouldt like to have a tank strapped to my back either, and having to use a pump or compressor to fill the tanks sucks. using already compressed gasses in the mags makes alot more sence. at least to me. personally i think its a safer system as the gun can not fire unless it has a mag loaded, and once you use the ammo up in one mag you can quickly switch to a fresh mag. even with cool down i can get almost 100 rounds out of one mag in my WA M4, once we switch to CO2 with the NAPS bolt, im sure that number will go up by quite a bit.
if you like to run around hosing BBs around then these GBBs are not for you. if you are into mil-sim (like i am) then these GBBs are very useable and fun.
it's all personal preference. just like how some player would spend the money to get a PTW over a regular AEG, they are basicly the same in terms of fuction but the PTW is more expencive. if you ask a PTW owner if its worth it they will say yes.
if you ask me if i regret getting a GBB rifle, i'd tell you no i dont, if i want to sprey BBs i have my other two AEGs, i got this GBB for a reason and my reason will be different then that of others. if someone is intrested in these GBB rifles good on them. i'll give them any info i have on them, but i wont try to make the choice for them.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 16:34   #66
dragwindsor

Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
What's with all the jealous haters? Seriously.

I probably know pricing better than anybody here.

If AAAAANYONE can get AAAANYTHING that costs $1100 - $1300 USD for $1500 Can, let me know how, please.

If you want a GBB rifle, buy one.

Don't listen too people that don't have even one. Listen to owners.

These haters will obviously direct away. We won't.

Would you take advice on buying an airplane from someone who's never even been in one, or from a pilot?

I've handled more GBB rifles than anyone here on ASC, I have 2 Inokatsu's, and a WA here right now alone. I love them.

If worse comes to worse, use an AEG.

In the end, just make a choice FOR YOU. If you want it, get it.

Don't let inexperienced people make that decision for you.

dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 16:50   #67
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

^ lol so experienced that you don't know that gas guns don't work in winter time
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 16:51   #68
FlyGuy

+1 on DW's comments. Do your research, decide what is most important to you re. your airsoft experience/expectations, determine a budget, and by how much you WILL EXCEED it before pushing the panic button, then when you feel like there's nothing more you can do to justify the gun, just buy the damn thing and go have some fun. Besides, the only way you're going to know for certain is either borrow someone else's for more than a few minutes, or get one yourself and use it for a season, and then decide if it's going to stay in your armory or go up for sale here on ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwindsor View Post
Would you take advice on buying an airplane from someone who's never even been in one, or from a pilot?
I'm both a pilot and a former aircraft owner (making a small fortune in aviation = starting with a much larger one). So, who wants advice...???

Ready...FIRE...Aim!
'Fly

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
G-68

"Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I"

Learning To Fly
© 1986 Pink Floyd

Last edited by FlyGuy; February 25th, 2009 at 16:54..
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 16:56   #69
dragwindsor

Send a message via MSN to dragwindsor
I don't?

Maybe my 15 GBB's gave me some experience.

I didn't know it would be so cold on the 28th fool.

Go buy some $70 guns and leave the real toys to the men.

And on the 28th, don't look for me, seriously, I'm not a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
^ lol so experienced that you don't know that gas guns don't work in winter time

dragwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 17:02   #70
Nabisco_Lobstrosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
Aww geeze. Why does this keep coming up? Is this some sort of displaced Canadian Identity Crisis? It's not just you, pusangani, but I've heard some extremely abstract arguments against GBB rifles, and seriously, what's with this winter thing?

If our winter season is a problem for propane-propelled airsoft guns, does that mean we should tell people to stay clear from ever buying GBB pistols?

If you can't fire a WE GBB M4 upside down, do you tell a person they HAVE to get the WA GBB M4 instead?

If you can't fire a TM P90 underwater in a swamp, do we tell people to stay away from buying PTW AEG's?

Seriously, unless we all live in exactly the same place on the surface of the earth, play airsoft exactly the same way, and all play at the same place, how do you just arbitrarily declare something as pointless based on your own situation?

It's like beating a dead horse... Again, the only things that should matter are your personal financial situation, how much time you put into airsoft, and how willing you are to upkeep your gun. Those are the only things that actually factor into buying any airsoft gun, GBB included.
Old February 25th, 2009, 17:12   #71
Amos

For the record my KSC USP fired an entire propane magazine full of BB's with no fuck ups in -15 weather

GBB's don't like the cold... but they don't all hibernate.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 17:19   #72
airborneboi69

Send a message via MSN to airborneboi69
so to answer my question does anyone know where i can get any metal bodies into canada for my WA ive owned 3 WA m4 gbb and theve always managed to fuck up on me i just need a decent reciever the other upgrade parts i already own such as the bolt carrier hopup chambre hopup tight bore steel hammer 5 bearings 2 mags etc
Old February 25th, 2009, 18:04   #73
stokes

So many mix reviews. But still getting one someday!

No need to make this into an argument people. We are all friends here, everyone keep calm.

Last edited by stokes; February 25th, 2009 at 18:09..
stokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 18:48   #74
Dragate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
RA-Tech is working on new cheaper mags fot the WA, they say it's going to cost around $60US and they can use AEG mag outer shells. they are also going to release CO2 mags in April-May. this coupled with the NAPS bolt means that we can lower the FPS and maintain the stronger blowback while using less total gas.
TM switched to AEGs because clasic airsoft guns need external gas tanks which many players didnt like. i wouldt like to have a tank strapped to my back either, and having to use a pump or compressor to fill the tanks sucks. using already compressed gasses in the mags makes alot more sence. at least to me. personally i think its a safer system as the gun can not fire unless it has a mag loaded, and once you use the ammo up in one mag you can quickly switch to a fresh mag. even with cool down i can get almost 100 rounds out of one mag in my WA M4, once we switch to CO2 with the NAPS bolt, im sure that number will go up by quite a bit.
if you like to run around hosing BBs around then these GBBs are not for you. if you are into mil-sim (like i am) then these GBBs are very useable and fun.
it's all personal preference. just like how some player would spend the money to get a PTW over a regular AEG, they are basicly the same in terms of fuction but the PTW is more expencive. if you ask a PTW owner if its worth it they will say yes.
if you ask me if i regret getting a GBB rifle, i'd tell you no i dont, if i want to sprey BBs i have my other two AEGs, i got this GBB for a reason and my reason will be different then that of others. if someone is intrested in these GBB rifles good on them. i'll give them any info i have on them, but i wont try to make the choice for them.
Ya that's true. I really just dont' liek the aegs how unreal they are. And you get pretty much forced to spray with everybody else, cuz... nobody really use tactics and nobody really moves it' sjust like sit behind a rock and spray O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragwindsor View Post
What's with all the jealous haters? Seriously.

I probably know pricing better than anybody here.

If AAAAANYONE can get AAAANYTHING that costs $1100 - $1300 USD for $1500 Can, let me know how, please.

If you want a GBB rifle, buy one.

Don't listen too people that don't have even one. Listen to owners.

These haters will obviously direct away. We won't.

I've handled more GBB rifles than anyone here on ASC, I have 2 Inokatsu's, and a WA here right now alone. I love them.

If worse comes to worse, use an AEG.

In the end, just make a choice FOR YOU. If you want it, get it.

Don't let inexperienced people make that decision for you.
damn so many mixed reviews I dunno if I get or not anymore =[ LOL
Well I have an aeg so I guess... Cuz everybody who has aeg's tell me not to get it cuz they get trumped by aeg's but ppl who have gbb's love it. So i guess.. I should justget one =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes View Post
So many mix reviews. But still getting one someday!

No need to make this into an argument people. We are all friends here, everyone keep calm.
ya well put the aeg enthusiasths in an elevator with gbb ones LOL

and I don't really have a boundary for funds as I"m willing to spend a lot ...

question is should I start with an Ino/WA or just build ground up with G&P/Prime body and a Prime lower section? With the ra hopup, barrel, bolt, bolt carrier... blah blah blah?
Dragate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2009, 18:59   #75
aZn_triXta07

Gas guns have the potential, just none of the manufacturers over there have got it in their heads howta do it right :P

There's the new Tokyo Marui SOPMOD you just can't field strip it like a GBB Rifle.

Dragate, considering that you're NEW to the sport I would avoid building a gun up from scratch.

If you want a gas gun and have the $$$ to spend get the Inokatsu (you might as well) and than dump in all the RA-TECH upgrades.

Once the more affordable 12G CO2 magazines come out than you'll be able to field it in the winter too, just make sure you keep your o-rings lubed so they don't harden up and crack!

The only downside right now to GBB Rifles is that you can't share your magazines, and since they cost so much you're going to be cautious of just dumping them anywhere so you'll need a dump pouch ....a big one.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion