Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Customs delaying orders...

:

General

Old October 26th, 2007, 14:25   #16
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
My order says it was sent to customs on the 15th as well but nothing since and all it was is a 120 tune up kit hope it gets released soon im starting to get a little pissed
Old October 26th, 2007, 15:05   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
"Well I just got back from DHL shipping facility and Canada Customs office with some information I felt is worth sharing with the airsoft community.

Apparently Canada Customs has started a new policy to survey price discrepancies on items shipped to Canada. Apparently this is to help cut down on eBay sellers, and other retailers who label their items far below the actual cost.

If you have any shipments that are sitting in customs it may not necessarily be that they are seized but that you have been the luckily chosen member of this "random survey", as they seemed to call it.

How it works: Canada Customs sends notification papers to the shipping company to hold certain packages selected at random. You will undoubtedly notice that your package has been sitting in customs for 2-4 days, and call inquisitively.

What you need to do: Print off your sales receipt, probably from Paypal, and go to the shipping office. They will give you the notification paper they received from customs, which you will take to the Canada Customs office. At Customs they will look at your receipt, and the quoted price from the shipper on the package. They will ask you the purpose of the item, and charge you the appropriate amount of taxes.

Finally you take the stamped and signed Customs papers back to the shipping company who will give you the package.

Hopefully non of you will be lucky as I was and need to do this. I'm sure its not so bad for those who need to compete with rush hour traffic. My only real annoyance is that they will not notify you within a reasonable time period, they basically expect you to call and ask why your package is in customs for such a long time.

Anyways, at least I got my package. " - Ducky, Manitoba Airsoft Association
Holy fuck that's dumb. Does every major city have a Customs Office? Because if not, what the fuck are you supposed to do? What about the people that live outside a major city? And what do you mean by Shipping Office? Your local CP office?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 15:11   #18
13Fido13

I've got a bunch of stuff from Cobra Airsoft coming over. Hopefully nothing will get stopped. MP40 mags, and some other random things. Nothing remotely close to being restricted.

Level 2 BA Certified
13Fido13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 15:11   #19
Moz

one of these days we need to order giant crates of diarrhoea and just declare them as "airsoft guns".

Fun whoever gets the open that package.
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 15:58   #20
Styrak

TokyoSeven already suggested that, and it got great support!

Old October 26th, 2007, 18:00   #21
rockafella

do airsoft regulations even make sense to anyof you?!!! This is Kuck'n Futs!!!!
Airsoft is banned probably becuase some stuipd idiot robbed a coner store with one, well should we cut off everyone's fingers too then cuz someone robbed a bank here in Victoria by pointing his finger under his sweatshirt at a bank teller? We are the only country in the entire world that I know of that has such a stupid law against airsoft and replicas!!! I bet they are all laughing at us right now. Even those tea drinking britsdon't have such a law, I was talking with the founder of Stirling Airsoft and he thinks we are really dumb for have such a law.

Sorry but this really is annoying me right now!!
Old October 26th, 2007, 18:06   #22
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
Even those tea drinking britsdon't have such a law, I was talking with the founder of Stirling Airsoft and he thinks we are really dumb for have such a law.
They used to. But just recently it got written into law that they're ok over there.

Old October 26th, 2007, 18:17   #23
Endymion

rockafella, you should be thankful then that you don't live in Australia. Their laws are even stricter - so much so that its a hindrance to ownership of paintball markers.
Endymion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 18:19   #24
rockafella

Well let get on it, what do we need to do to lift this stupid law. I will be voteing conservative again this year, I hope they do somthing about this...it's a freak'n joke but it ain't funny...just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
They used to. But just recently it got written into law that they're ok over there.
Old October 26th, 2007, 18:28   #25
Gryphon

Heh. I've had customs seize stuff on me, some of which I got back, some of which I didn't.

I just had a box with an M4 telestock and some other parts for my Sun Project come in from Hong Kong by Speedpost and not only did customs open and inspect it, they passed it along fast enough for it to arrive this morning in time for the weekend.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 18:38   #26
rockafella

Lucky Bastard!!!! Is how long do you think before I should start to worry? Cuz I really want to buy some more furniture for my guns.

You have some gas powered guns? (just read your sig, if so can i see some pics?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Heh.
I just had a box with an M4 telestock and some other parts for my Sun Project come in from Hong Kong by Speedpost and not only did customs open and inspect it, they passed it along fast enough for it to arrive this morning in time for the weekend.
Old October 26th, 2007, 18:39   #27
brently0725

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Myself and a co worker decided that the best way to have sex with a sheep would be to use Velcro gloves, and possition the sheep on the edge of a cliff.
The velcro gloves would enable the...sheep sexer? sheep fornicator? sheep fucker? To properly hand onto to the sheep. Now if they position the sheep on the edge of the cliff, each thrust would cause the sheep to think they were being pushed over the hedge and they would push back. In theory it would work. But I dont really have the urge to fornicate with a sheep.

Maybe a bear though.
Wooooo Bear Fucker!
You gotta use velcro gloves otherwise those fuckers get away. Also use deep gumboots and put their legs in the gumboots with yours so they can't move. Just a little trick I learned ....eerrrrrrr..... HEARD about yeah yeah thats it!!!
Old October 26th, 2007, 19:06   #28
Omi-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Most packages I recieve usually have a false value on the front, I believe its done in most cases as a courtesy so we dont get raped by taxes.

It's not like the custom agents could believe the real prices anyway. "$300 for a couple of metal parts!?!...lol"
Omi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 19:14   #29
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I cant say Ive ever ordered that much. I recently ordered a mag catch 9.6 volt battery from out of country. It came with a listed value of 9 dollars. I paid 25 with shipping. So its possible the value of the battery is actually 9 dollars and minus the shipping, whats left is the sellers profit. Who knows. I perfer when they just list it as a commercial sample.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 19:54   #30
Styrak

I just got an eHobby order that was $140. $35 shipping and $105 parts. they listed it at $40. Lol. No taxes!
I also just received an M4 front end shipped through UPS by AirsoftGI. Declared at $5 with $15 shipping, no taxes!

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General