Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most preferred sniper weapon

:

Other Regions

Old June 16th, 2006, 01:16   #16
kirley_x

Send a message via MSN to kirley_x
VSR10 GSPEC

Yah, it's not fancy... and yes, mine is still stock... but so far I have yet to hear a rifle that shoots as quiet as it does. And it's hella fun to play with too.

"I seriously doubt if we will ever have another war. This is probably the very last one."
Author: Richard M. Nixon
kirley_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2006, 01:53   #17
Valcrow

Send a message via MSN to Valcrow
Cant comment much on the others, but I've got a fully upgraded VSR-10, and also an maruzen APS2 L96. Both my rifles have basically all 3rd party replaced internals.

I find the L96 has awesome reach even with a lower fps than my VSR. It sort of floats the bb's to the target which is sometimes annoying as it takes a few seconds to get to the target, which makes hitting moving targets that much harder. But it does in a precise manner (depending on the wind) I find the deviation between shots far closer than my VSR. There are however a few quarks with the L96 in that some screws tend to get loose after a couple dozen shots and the cylinder starts to hit the side more than normal or create more friction when chambering the next round when shot which is never good. Also once in a while (like every 45 rounds or so, a bb will get jammed between the loading nozzel and the chamber block which is annoying especially while in the midst of combat. Easily fixable by ejecting the mag shaking and reinserting, but still quarky. The ease of maintaining the L96 is great however, you can take out the cylinder without messing with the barrel and other parts. It looks and feels damn nice. Just a bit awkward to hold. Trigger pull is extremely light, perhaps too light. The thing is a bit on the long and bulky side which makes it a little difficult to run around with. Better suited for longer range more stable targets.

The VSR on the other hand isn't quite as precise, but damn it's the most reliable BA i've played around with. Don't get me wrong, it still reliable outranges AEGs, but at longer distances (200+ ft) it drifts. Gamed with it on most of my outdoor games, prolly more than a dozen with it so far, it's never had a missfeed, solid as a rock, quiet. ADJUSTABLE hop up is wonderful if you need to change weights or compensate for range. This thing is a workhorse, and unparalled in reliability, it just works the way you would expect (safety works too unlike many others). Trigger pull is a good balance, short pull. There's little substitute for a gun that just works, and you never have to worry about it kinking up on you in the midst of combat. Great for FR type games where you need precise shooting, but also need the manuverability rather than concealment, pretty good for taking quick accurate shots as marksman.
Old June 21st, 2006, 19:40   #18
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

unfortunatly as soon as that bb reaches 200ft, the wind just carries it away, I see it all the time and its nerve racking. In cases like this I still manage to eliminate my targets by other means or simply get closer.

I have heard good and bad of various BA weapons. I can only speak about the APS2 SV. As I mentioned previously I bought it upgraded and second hand, and its a great tool upgraded. Cant speak for stock APS2 SV, so if there is anyone in this community that has dealt with a stock APS2 SV, feel free to post.

Ive used Steve's G3 and the damm thing is extremely accurate, though it took him a while to get it to where its at. I found this to be a great weapon for urban ops. First you have the firepower you need, second its accurate, third, it has a good range and last its a great counter sniper weapon. So if I were to go for a sharpshooter role, this is what I would go with. My preference and my opinion only. I would recomened those playing the sharpshooter role to use a semi - full auto AEG that has range, accuracy and the firepower capability in urban ops. Even though BA's are more accurate and have more range than AEG's, given that they have been tweeked, they arent the best weapon to be used in urban ops as a single sniper team.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 21:16   #19
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
unfortunatly as soon as that bb reaches 200ft, the wind just carries it away, I see it all the time and its nerve racking. In cases like this I still manage to eliminate my targets by other means or simply get closer.
One thing you most likely would have noticed is that using Straight ammo of any weight what you think might be the wind carring the shot to one side or the other is actually normal for that brand of ammo. I'd always find the Straight BBs would go where they wanted to, and rarely where I wanted them to go. Always thought that my gun was the problem, upgraded the heck out of it, still found the same problem until I started using GOOD ammo, then I got the accuracy and range I was looking for. Hard to tell if it's wind carrying the BB off to one side or the other and missing, or a problem with that specific individual BB you just shot. Not like you can recover it to dissect it to see if the bubbles inside are centered or off to a side.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 22:00   #20
Russianboy
Banned

Atoz/head 1950 Dragunov.

FIBUA/urban ops? As long as the FPS limit in around 500 your good.

Pro's

1. long range

2. dead on precision shooting

Con's

1. BIG and I mean big gun.

field. (same thing with the FPS)

Pro's

Same

Con's

same

Russianboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 01:42   #21
Pete 250

I have a vsr-g spec and made a custom M16 SPR with a 20" barrel and would have to say that I prefer the SPR for both urban and field. The Vsr is awesome for accuracy and range and is shooting less fps than the SPR,but still is more accurate. But having the semi auto makes all the difference. I have tight bores in both and they shoot very straight with good quality .28-.3BB's out to 200ft range.The Vsr can go further but at that range most shots are affected by the wind and such so a couple shots on semi auto work a lot better for me.
Pete 250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:39   #22
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
One thing you most likely would have noticed is that using Straight ammo of any weight what you think might be the wind carring the shot to one side or the other is actually normal for that brand of ammo. I'd always find the Straight BBs would go where they wanted to, and rarely where I wanted them to go. Always thought that my gun was the problem, upgraded the heck out of it, still found the same problem until I started using GOOD ammo, then I got the accuracy and range I was looking for. Hard to tell if it's wind carrying the BB off to one side or the other and missing, or a problem with that specific individual BB you just shot. Not like you can recover it to dissect it to see if the bubbles inside are centered or off to a side.

I noticed this with my straight ammo as well - what are you using now?

I have an upgraded Maruzen L96 - and I love it.

Last edited by Cushak; September 29th, 2008 at 08:21..
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 16:48   #23
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

+1 on the TM VSR-10 G-spec. It's a long and straight shooter for very minimal upgrades and mine only shoots 400fps right now (due to the fact I have to engage from under 25ft sometimes).
As a backup I just use my HFC M194 beretta, hasn't failed me yet lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 14:00   #24
colint94

AUG w/ Phantom Kit!....
But seriously, it's good for counter-sniping.

I'd only use ever use a Dragunov. I like the Ak platform, and the Dragunov is reminiscient of it. Too bad all the airsoft versions are finicky...
colint94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 16:21   #25
ThunderCactus

I've seen an SVD get as good range and accuracy as my VSR. But it does require alot of tweeking. The guy's buddy opened it up after it was shooting fantastic and it lost 2/3 of its range lol
Old December 5th, 2009, 16:37   #26
Steven

Ive got a Stock Maruzen APS-2 SV. So far, i havent gamed it, mostly due to the Non -adjustable hop-up, so theres really no point. Also comes 300 fps stock, another reason that it needs to be upgraded. One the internals are full PDI, it'll rocking every game I imagine.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:07   #27
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Ive got a Stock Maruzen APS-2 SV. So far, i havent gamed it, mostly due to the Non -adjustable hop-up, so theres really no point. Also comes 300 fps stock, another reason that it needs to be upgraded. One the internals are full PDI, it'll rocking every game I imagine.
Get out and use it anyways, just find best ammo for it (fixed hop up is set for 0.29g BBs, so use Bastard 0.30g).
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:23   #28
ThunderCactus

+1 on that, some stock rifles can be pretty damn accurate and have good range!
My stock VSR-10 still outranged stock AEG's and was really accurate
First upgrade I got was the firefly hop rubber, laylax tightbore, then PDI cylinder set. As soon as I got those it was a laser rifle lol
I tried the rifle at 440 for a game, found out it was more innacurate, went back to 400 for the rest of the season. Decided to try 440 again, broke the sears chronoing at home LOL
Bought a V-trigger and it's still a laser rifle

Just remember to clean your barrel after every game! Barrel cleaning is mandatory for snipers!!!
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:30   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
+1 on that, some stock rifles can be pretty damn accurate and have good range!
My stock VSR-10 still outranged stock AEG's and was really accurate
First upgrade I got was the firefly hop rubber, laylax tightbore, then PDI cylinder set. As soon as I got those it was a laser rifle lol
I tried the rifle at 440 for a game, found out it was more innacurate, went back to 400 for the rest of the season. Decided to try 440 again, broke the sears chronoing at home LOL
Bought a V-trigger and it's still a laser rifle

Just remember to clean your barrel after every game! Barrel cleaning is mandatory for snipers!!!
Nothing truer has been said on ASC. Lol

And with that, since it's unreal how many new people around here have to ask where to get a cleaning kit. Canadian Tire, $7 gets you a Hoppe's .22cal cleaning rod with tips, and another $2 gets you 100 cloth cleaning patches. Fold one in three, thread it through the tip eyelet, and dry swab the barrel with a twisting motion. Use a second one to further clean it.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; December 5th, 2009 at 17:33..
Old December 5th, 2009, 17:36   #30
Steven

Hm, sounds good. But its cold

Anyways, ill have everything done hopefully before the end of January. That includes full PDI internals, scope, ect ect

Then to build the ghillie!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions