Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Integrating one point sling into vest

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 2nd, 2016, 21:52   #1
Bigload

Integrating one point sling into vest

Hi, I noticed a lot of players have integrated 1-pt slings rigged onto their vests.

I current use a JPC and I am wondering what's are some options for setting one up?
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 22:07   #2
chaz

I ran mine through my shoulders and across my back through a couple of the molle strips on my JPC. I can try to get some photos tomorrow evening for you. I only use it when there is downtime or I am waiting off field, otherwise I do not have it attached to my gun.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2016, 22:11   #3
Chromey
Whiny Attention Whore

Ill need that Pic. I wondered how you pulled it off.
Old October 2nd, 2016, 22:19   #4
Datawraith

Pretty much what chaz said. Most one point slings can be disassmbled; you just pull the free end through all the buckling and run them through the shoulder straps on the JPC. If you've got something molle'd onto your back, you can run the sling through that too to prevent it from resting on your neck. Then when the sling has been routed, just slip the free end back in through the buckling and you're good.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 21:52   #5
FlyGuy

Or, just go this route...

http://one-shot-tactical-supply.mysh...iant=687786753

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
G-68

"Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I"

Learning To Fly
© 1986 Pink Floyd
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 22:28   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

this way

IF you had a cooler plate carrier lol
But the BFG is probably your best bet
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 22:29   #7
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

I once did that, but then it whacks you in the nuts when you run. With a one point sling your primary should sling cross-draw style to your off-hand side to make way for your secondary and keep movement free. I however do not like having my sling against my neck, but you also want it to slide freely through your gear.

Try this for right handed: (reverse for left-handed)

- run sling through your carry handle, inside right shoulder strap (over shoulder) and around across your chest and down to left hand side. From the other side (going left from carry handle) go under (or over/behind depending on rig) the left shoulder strap and under the armpit down to the left hip to meet with the other end. When you pull with moderate force, your sling should slide through your gear easily.
Old October 11th, 2016, 23:10   #8
St. Ides

I use the Condor Cobra one point sling, and the Condor Rig Upgrade kit
St. Ides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 23:35   #9
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I would not do it unless you only do tac-shoot and even then, it's not very practical.

Even a 1 point is not practical for field use and the rifle always swing around, bang and get tangled in everything.

Using a good 2 points is more confortable, versatile and fast. Especially if you play in the wood and need to crawl or get into weird firing position.

Also, a 2 point is WAY more confortable to carry your rifle, even over your gear or with a back pack.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016, 23:50   #10
Ricochet

More comfortable for walking around yes, but I disagree that it's more tactically efficient. There's a reason people have moved away from two points for practical assault applications. Unless it's a long rifle or LMG I wouldn't recommend a two point. If your one point is setup correctly it should be way more efficient/effective than any other.
Old October 12th, 2016, 00:11   #11
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I used a single point on my 249, was amazed it never broke lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 01:05   #12
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I still maintain that the ms2 sling is probably the best thing magpul ever put out in terms of airsoft usage. (I don't bang bang, only pew pew) My only complaint is that the tubular webbing used feels awesome and doesn't chafe but the tradeoff is that it has a tendency to roll and flip through the hardware or it's so slippery that it needs to be constantly adjusted.

Even the fake ones tend to be really good.. how can you fuck up generic tubular webbing and steel sailing shackles that have been around for decades?

The ms2 is a 1/2 point convertible, so as long as you have sling loops to shackle to, you can run it as a 1 or a 2 point and change very quickly.

ms3s real and fake have wideass standard nylon webbing that digs into skin, giving up comfort so that the webbing can slide through the glides and loops properly. The proprietary magpul clips and shackles are pretty bad, you can't beat steel shackles, and for some reason magpul went with some proprietary nylon with fiber reinforcement to cast/injection mold their attachments. They grind/wear with time and I'm pretty sure I've read of a few failing. Knockoffs fail within weeks of serious use and will drop your gun.
Old October 12th, 2016, 01:53   #13
Ricochet

The other thing I should mention is some people use a lanyard as well for long hikes, etc. Basically it lashes to your PC and you can snap it into the front of your gun with a quick release.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion