Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Backpack... Have you used one in airsoft?

:

Gear Discussion

Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:31   #16
Fenrir92

I have the Rush 72 and HAD a Rush 24 and they are great bags for the price. Lots of organization which is good at sorting out your gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojuice View Post
My thoughts were running between the 5.11 Rush12 and 5.11 Rush24.
It will depend on what your needs/usage requirements are for airsoft. Are you planning on carrying the bag while playing or simply to transport your gear? I use my R72 as my Carry All My Stuff (CAMS) bag to transport gear; the R24 was too small to fulfil that purpose and too big to carry while playing. I would suggest going with the R12 if you are planning on carrying it while playing.

Another good alternative for the R12 are the Direct Action bags. They are great bags and have some unique features (concealable water bottle pockets). I use my Dragon Egg for EDC and to carry my gear while playing.

Edit: I see that you are located at Innisfil. You can check out the Rush bags in person at Target Sports Canada (404 and Stouffville Road) and possibly save on shipping costs.

Last edited by Fenrir92; January 23rd, 2016 at 11:48..
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:44   #17
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
For the price, the USMC ILBE with Assault pack is the best on the market. It was made by Arcteryx for the Marines in the late 2000's and is a copy of their Bora 95, AND comes with a 3 day pack as well. You can pick em up for around $100 on ebay. Which is insane. Here is a link for 2 sets of packs and 2 assault packs. $220.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantity-2-U...kAAOSwirZTvg~k
good deal for sure
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:32   #18
mcguyver

Use this to help decide what you need your pack to do:

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174488

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:33   #19
mcguyver

Use this to help decide what you need your pack to do:

http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=174488

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:43   #20
w1lp33

Holy shit, I've been looking for some kind of large load bearing ruck sack, and this is a fraction of the prices I've been seeing for other options. Thank you for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelledPants View Post
For the price, the USMC ILBE with Assault pack is the best on the market. It was made by Arcteryx for the Marines in the late 2000's and is a copy of their Bora 95, AND comes with a 3 day pack as well. You can pick em up for around $100 on ebay. Which is insane. Here is a link for 2 sets of packs and 2 assault packs. $220.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantity-2-U...kAAOSwirZTvg~k
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2016, 12:59   #21
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I have both a rush12 and 24. The 12 is probably as big a bag as I'd want to bring ONTO a field unless you're doing a real 3 day game where you need overnight gear, rain gear and possibly a change of clothes, but very rarely will you ever do one of those games, so any basic pack will serve those needs.

I have brought my 12 onto the field maybe 3 times in 4 years of playing. You really don't need to haul that much shit ONTO the play field. Only when you will be isolated from the safezone at a far end of the field will you really need it. Even then you can hide and store enough stuff in pouches and pockets to get you through most of a game day.

I just got my 24 so I haven't used it at all yet. But basically all these bags do is bring stuff from the car to the safezone so I have easy access to gas, bbs, snacks, electrolyte supplements or drink mixes, basic tool kit, mask, goggles, gloves, bugspray and an extra battery or two.

The 12 is just about 2 inches too short to put a p90 into, and that would be my only complaint, if it were 2-3 inches taller, it would be a perfect size. The 24 is cavernous in comparison. The 12 carried almost everything I needed in consumables plus a bit more. I got a 24 only because sometimes I need a bigger bag, and the 12 was doubling as an airsoft go bag and my normal traveling pack. I got tired of picking BBs out of it, so I got the 24 to serve as an airsoft only pack to free up the 12 to use as a day pack.

The 12 has served me as a carry-on/day pack for 2 trips to japan, and I was able to pack a lot of crap into it from my luggage on the way back in order to make space in my suitcase for all the crap that I bought. lol.

If you're going to wear it around, a 12 is a great size. If you need to haul a lot of shit but get to dump it somewhere, a 24 is good. I can probably fit a folding mp5 or my p90 into the 24 with a vest/rig and have room for all my consumables.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 15:12   #22
gogojuice

Great replies people. Well done for chiming in and providing so many fantastic options.

Stryker... I did like the Tasmanian tiger ones... I found the master and Arc... very expensive and I probably wouldn't get my $$ worth.

I don't know much about the direct action packs... but they look interesting.

I'm thinking, for my needs, that a smaller pack perhaps the rush 12 or direct action dragon egg might best suit my needs. It's first for an every day pack...then transporting airsoft stuff on weekends, and finally being able to use on the field for 18 hrs mil sims.

Would love to hear more about these two

Thanks for your help
gogojuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 15:51   #23
Fenrir92

I visit EDC Forums occasionally so hopefully this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogojuice View Post
I'm thinking, for my needs, that a smaller pack perhaps the rush 12 or direct action dragon egg might best suit my needs. It's first for an every day pack...then transporting airsoft stuff on weekends, and finally being able to use on the field for 18 hrs mil sims.

Would love to hear more about these two
Thanks for your help
Fenrir92 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion