Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Would you rather have Canadian Airsoft or New Zealand Airsoft?

:

General

Old November 3rd, 2009, 18:24   #16
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHÖCK View Post
"Current legislation in NZ is that you must be 16 years and over AND have a current A-category firearms license to own an airsoft gun"
But still.... You know what would happen if the NZ laws concerning airsoft were to be implemented here.

Also.... So you're 13 and get your hands on an airsoft gun now what? Well chances are something stupid will happen and the kid will either get shot/killed or arrested and in the case of an arrest I actually think that Canada is way too pussy to prosecute youths. Heck even if something stupid happened with a 16 year old (who had their "class A firearm license" (which I'm going to assume is equal to a "non-restricted PAL")) we know what will happen, a slap on the wrist and the YCJA seals their record after 18.

Let me say though that I'm all for kids going out and shooting each other with BB guns and having stick fights like in the "old days" but the political climate now is just way too soft and run by soccer moms IMO (noes.... you can't be hitting each other with sticks and playing cowboy and indians with rubber band guns it's DANGEROUS we need to ban rubber band guns cause a kid could lose an eye).

EDIT:

@ theguy:

Well if you look at HK/Japan/The Philippines/etc. you'll notice that people have cheap and easy access to guns but actually know a thing or two. I relate this to them just having a different culture, the players over there seem just as dedicated as us in Canada and don't spew shit to get subscribers or whatever on youtube. Also yeah not all Americans are bad airsofters but it's the lowest common denominator that seems to be the one yelling the loudest on their soapbox. Just like not all paintballers are bad but it's the very vocal ones that give you that impression that everyone just sprays and gets all hyper when they lose a match.

Last edited by L473ncy; November 3rd, 2009 at 18:31..
L473ncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 18:29   #17
Huge
formerly Huge94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
That's just an excuse for us being lazy with our stupidity.

The drive to not do something stupid should be internal, not external.

If it takes a chunk out of your bank account to make you realize you've done something wrong, then there's a problem.

This gets into the effectiveness of our legal system, which is not a topic for this thread. =P

Sorry for the derail, amigos.
Of course it should be and of course there's a problem. I probably am not the only one knowing there are stupid people in the world and that includes airsoft.

Anyways, back on topic.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 18:57   #18
Aurelien

Hi Folks, I'm a Canadian living in NZ. Currently I play RAM, but I've been looking into the Airsoft side of things, both in NZ and Canada. I'm hoping to move back in a couple of years, and since RAM appears to have been neutered by the CBSA, it looks like its airsoft for me

WRT the situation here, I wouldnt go as far as to say we are any smarter, there are some damn stupid people here too (as everywhere) and a crapton of springers (There are also the better quality items as well) on trademe.co.nz (our ebay equiv), but there dont tend to be too many incidents reported in the media. Perhaps one every 3-6 months, and that includes .68 stupidity as well.

Personally I dont mind the semi auto restriction, our ammo isnt all that cheap for ram. The few times my marker has malfunctioned and fired full auto was absolutely awesome, but I'd prefer a 3 round burst. There are rumblings of a law change in the pipes with regards to the airguns, and apparently positive, but I cant say anything with accuracy, so I wont.

I'm looking to go to an induction course run by our local airsoft community in the next month or so. Once I've done that, and can get access to the buy and sell areas, I'll be able to gauge more accurately the stuff I can get hold of in NZ. Sadly its impossible for me to get AV'd on here, and thus make direct comparisons.
Aurelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 19:10   #19
oniwagamaru
Occifer

I was just talking to a buddy of mine in the Philippines and he said that airsoft there might have to be licensed. Yeah even there I remember when I was 13 when cops would raid stores that sold airsoft springers. The good thing there is the many businesses that you can get airsoft stuff that just sprang up quite recently. I dont know if these places get raided as often as say the old stores that sold airsoft or a pirated DVD stand.
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 19:24   #20
Con Murder

The Canadian laws are preventative in the publics view, no one really sees us as a threat. The replica laws keep our growing drug mobs from easily being able to impersonate swat or police. This is an ongoing problem as one crew can quietly remove another by impersonating the common enemy.

We know way to many possable outcomes that are negative to honestly want the law abborted and yet we struggle with the rammifications. When we realize that what is available is in a way functional its offenses will be less obviouse. And yes I choose Canada because I know our law men have no problem letting me go on with my hobby, as long as no one calls them about it.
Con Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:49   #21
DonP

I have been talking to a fellow in NZ discussing semi-only stuff recently in relation to my MOSFET switches. He had some interesting info. Only recently has New Zealand allowed importing guns converted to semi-auto by the retailer. Before, you could not buy say from Hong Kong even if the gun was converted to semi-only before it was shipped.

M249s and other fullauto only gearbox guns are rejected from importation completely. There is even trouble if you want to import selector plates because they know what these are and can be used to convert a mechbox to auto. The point is there is plenty of fine print and it's more complicated than NZ = semi-only. And besides, is it seriously reasonable to face charges just because your BB gun can fire more than 1 shot at a time?

Of course much of it is silly - what do you expect when you have people who don't know what they're talking about making the rules for things they don't understand?
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:09   #22
Donster

Id personally go with the NZ way of airsoft. i rarely use FA so as long as i can get any gun i want at the non-canadian prices, i couldn't really care about FA. now if there was a FPS limit like in Japan, then id probably stick with the Canadian Market.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 16:45   #23
Aurelien

Just something in the NZ news today...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10608143
Aurelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 16:55   #24
cerealmaniac

Send a message via MSN to cerealmaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessChicken View Post
I honestly won't find much difference, I haven't run full auto on any of my guns at any of of the 4 games I've been to. I wonder what NZ's airsoft prices are like by comparison with our local airsoft prices.
amen. semi auto all the way!

飛虎隊
NEED ANY OLD/USED AK/MP5 PARTS!PM ME!
Sales Thread Click Me
AEG sales thread
cerealmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2009, 17:07   #25
Mitchell12
vision impaired

I get no joy from firing an AEG on semi, No matter how good the trigger response it still feels wrong, GBB's on the other had are great fun.
Mitchell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:52   #26
Love
formerly Lythinca

Location: You know that Home Depot on King st? Yeah, no where near there.
Send a message via AIM to Love Send a message via MSN to Love
Even though its banned in china, many places still sell it.

Loadout 1:
Yugoslavian M76/Maadi RML Alternative (Kraken)
CYMA Glock 18C

Loadout 2:
TM MP5 w/ flashlight
CYMA Glock 18C

Both Loadouts have Marpat Uniform, PASGT Helmet w/ Flecktarn, and Flecktarn chest rig.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 21:31   #27
Ominae

Send a message via Yahoo to Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
I was just talking to a buddy of mine in the Philippines and he said that airsoft there might have to be licensed. Yeah even there I remember when I was 13 when cops would raid stores that sold airsoft springers. The good thing there is the many businesses that you can get airsoft stuff that just sprang up quite recently. I dont know if these places get raided as often as say the old stores that sold airsoft or a pirated DVD stand.
Been some trouble lately with some robbery when some robbers disguised as bomb squad cops tried to rob a watch store. One of the dead robbers had a CA M203, if I recall right.

And yeah, air guns there are licensed by registration with the PNP and having a serial number on the said firearm.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General