Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

m249 mag brand box wiring

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 18th, 2016, 15:52   #1
Chairs

m249 mag brand box wiring

hey guys looking at making it so my MAG brand box with the pressure switch winding to run while i fire the gun. my question is do i jist clip off the pressure switch and run those to the +&- on the wires running to the motor? also if i do that is the 9v battery still needed?
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 20:57   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Are you trying to run the box mag off the AEG battery? Or trying to get it to feed when you hold the trigger down?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 22:48   #3
Chairs

Feed while holding trigger down. Don't need/or care about running off the battery for the rifle atm

Had it happen couple times where had the drop on a guy but while crawling in the bush the button to feed the saw got knocked offthe velcro patch. So I then pop out like suprise mofo to only fire like 4 bbs and dry fire then die as I'm scrambling to find the dam button. Other than that feeds like a dream lol.
Old July 19th, 2016, 03:48   #4
ox56

The battery wont be needed i do the same thing with my 249 only difference is i have the gun battery in the box mag and run both the box mag and the gun motor on the same circut. The downside is theres no way to prime the mag without a control switch
ox56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 10:24   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I would advise against it for the above reason. Can't prime the gun without shooting.
I'd done shitloads of crawling and running around with my 249, never recall having the pressure switch come off my grip. Maybe just find a better way to secure it? I had mine tucked into camoform tape around the grip.

I'd highly recommend wiring the box mag to the aeg battery though, especially if the battery is in the box mag. Those 9v's die fast, and if you ever go to an 11.1 the 9v usually can't keep up.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 12:51   #6
Chairs

Ya I thought about other places for it but found they were just not comfortable for me to hold in that ready position for extended periods. Found the oem switch and wiring is just not long enough for my liking. Tho am now considering a way to put a small pouch on the back of the mag so a guy can throw one of those big 5000 mah batteries in to run the mag and the gun without it looking Hella gay. O the possibilities
Old July 19th, 2016, 13:32   #7
ShelledPants

You could easily achieve prewinding and feed with trigger pull with a bit of schematics and a relay.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 14:39   #8
Chairs

Honestly I was thinking that I'd I replaced the pressure switch with dean's connector I could just plug in an extra battery lying around and get it wound up. Not the slickest method but within my level of wiring haha
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications