Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Beretta wont fire unless inverted

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 25th, 2016, 09:46   #1
Walms

Beretta wont fire unless inverted

Hey guys, first time poster here....
I recently purchased a WE Beretta M-92 from eBay for $60 because the seller listed the gun as broken... I took on this challenge and am pretty happy with the project so far, but I've hit a wall and could some help

The Problem: I've got the gun all sealed up, cocking properly and even firing BB's... However only when i hold the gun upside-down. When i hold the gun normally the trigger dose not seem to have any catch or activation and the gun will not fire or cock. gravity seems to be the enemy!

I'm thinking its a 'firing pin spring' issue or malfunction but before I rip it back open id like to get everyone opinion & recommendations.

Thanks in advance everyone!
Walms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:30   #2
Datawraith

Check your safety (the 2 funky levers on the end of the slide beside the rear sight). Odds are, the safety spring isn't there and the bits inside are disengaging the trigger. If I remember right, there's another spring inside the right grip of the gun too that pushes something up. If it's missing, it'll also screw up the trigger.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:38   #3
Walms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Check your safety (the 2 funky levers on the end of the slide beside the rear sight). Odds are, the safety spring isn't there and the bits inside are disengaging the trigger. If I remember right, there's another spring inside the right grip of the gun too that pushes something up. If it's missing, it'll also screw up the trigger.

Thanks, Its not the safety, that's working fine... Its sounds like it might be the 2nd thing you mentioned, the spring inside the right grip. Do you know what part that is/called?
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:43   #4
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
Don't fix it. Be the handstand king. Always fire upside down. They'll never see you coming.
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:46   #5
Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Don't fix it. Be the handstand king. Always fire upside down. They'll never see you coming.
LOL - Maybe its the John Woo edition?
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:53   #6
Walms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Haha, that would probably cause more issues than it would solve.... But like the outa the box thinking!
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:11   #7
Kutter

I had the exact same issue with my old WA 92F. The part you need to look for is called the trigger bar spring, it puts upward pressure on the trigger bar when the safety is off:There's one of two possibilities:
a.) either your pistol is missing it or
b.) The grips help keep it in place so if they don't put enough pressure on it the spring will pop out of place (this happened to mine when I replaced the plastic grips with rubber hogues). This is how it should look like; it's a real one but it should be the same:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/299...factory-design
Kutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2016, 11:15   #8
Walms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
I had the exact same issue with my old WA 92F. The part you need to look for is called the trigger bar spring, it puts upward pressure on the trigger bar when the safety is off:There's one of two possibilities:
a.) either your pistol is missing it or
b.) The grips help keep it in place so if they don't put enough pressure on it the spring will pop out of place (this happened to mine when I replaced the plastic grips with rubber hogues). This is how it should look like; it's a real one but it should be the same:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/299...factory-design
Thats awesome man thanks a lot for the info... I will check tonight to see if its missing or just out of place
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner