Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA G19 HELP! lol

:

Doctor's Corner

Old December 18th, 2011, 15:01   #1
Reckless

KWA G19 HELP! lol

alright... this is a customers gun.. bought it off ASC "just a mag problem" ...

yeah.. he bought it, bought a bunch of new mags... it's far more then a mag problem

anyways.. onto the fun part. the gun vents, or goes full on short stroke full auto cyclic firing ... oh and the slide randomly falls off (but I beleive that is a worn down slide release )

KWA G19 ... already has a bunch of aftermarket parts installed (I didn't install) ...

- metal slide (not sure if aftermarket or KSC/KWA
- recoil spring
- hammer spring
- metal mag catch
- metal rocket valve
- metal valve knocker

now.. the stock : rocket valve, knocker, hammer spring are in the box ..

wondering if that worn slide release is messing things up .. or if I should dig into the firing group and return it to stock too? the stock parts show no signs of damage or wear

the slide falling off only started after I fixed some damage to the rear rails of the slide that stopped it from sliding smoothly

just looking for some help from the community

oh! .. when the gun goes cyclic ... I rack the slide without the mag in and the valve striker goes in on the rackback.... but when the slide comes forward the knocker doesn't stay back it comes forward again.. not until I stick my finger in the magwell and push the knocker inplace while I rack the slide (it's funny to watch I won't lie) I can get the knocker to go back place

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes

Last edited by Reckless; December 18th, 2011 at 15:07..
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 16:22   #2
Reckless

alright.. repaired the slide release, slide doesn't fly off randomly now.. but above problem still exists ..

onto throwing the stock pieces back in ..

Quote:
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Old December 18th, 2011, 16:42   #3
Tex

Try the stock rocket valve first. A lot of aftermarket rockets have issues.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 17:47   #4
Reckless

yeah I'll be doing that anyways...

but what I can't understand is how the rocket valve would make the valve knocker get stuck and run in and out with the slide instead of going back to it's "locked" position. only way I can get it to reset is to push it in as I rack the slide backwards.

the knocker parts work fine if I manually rack the slide .. pull trigger, rack slide it resets fine ... insert mag, pull trigger and it goes banana's and the knocker won't reset unless I manually push it again...

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old December 18th, 2011, 18:38   #5
Tex

Ok so no mag works fine, with mag not. Is that a gassed up mag or dry? If gassed then rocket valve is not letting it fully cycle, it must blow back completely to push down part # 81 to allow the knocker valve to lock back.

If its dry then I think it's pic posting time and your going to be diving into the hammer assembly more to figure that out.

_/|
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 19:47   #6
Reckless

yeah I put the stock knocker back in and no difference.. even put a custom spring in part.. #81(?) incase it wasn't releasing and not pushing it back up properly.. but no dice..

gonna do the rocket valve next just incase the blowback being weird is making the knocker get stuck

it's only after trying to fire a gassed mag that the knocker seems to get locked forward

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:17   #7
Reckless

alright... put the stock rocket valve back in... again .. no dice.

from what I can tell ... part # 81(?) is getting stuck/jammed in the full up position .. but only when the GBB is fired... manually racking the slide doesn't do it

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old December 19th, 2011, 11:48   #8
Reckless

alright... started going through trigger group looking for any signs of wear.. stress.. etc..

I think I might have found something... it appears the hammer may be broken... the slot that the valve knocker rides in .. the very top looks like it's being mushroomed up ...

not sure how well it'll show in the picture ... but it looks like I'm ordering parts for this customer, gonna grab another disconnector while I'm at it just to be sure.

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old January 8th, 2012, 00:32   #9
Reckless

alright, new parts in, and installed .. and when it does fire it does fire better LOL ...

I think I've found the issue.. and seeking a little advice before I go ahead with my 'plan of attack'

it appears that when the trigger is pulled the trigger sear can't get over the little bump in the trigger bar to catch the hammer on the slides return to battery.

in an effort to avoid filling things (even though it's miniscule) any one have an suggestion before I take the needle file to the parts. (I've tried altering the bend of the trigger bar slightly.. it's better but nooottttt quittteee there)

Quote:
The Cavalry Comes
Old January 8th, 2012, 00:51   #10
Danke

There was a guy on Arnies in a similar boat. His BBU wasn't sitting properly in the slide.

KSC Glock 19 problems - YouTube!
Old January 10th, 2012, 13:05   #11
audi_bhoy

The piston's rubber might be misplaced and turned 180 degrees off, already bought a fully upgraded G17 (KSC) that had similar problems, for a cheap price since it wasn't working !
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner