Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Echo1 ER25K - Would like peoples opinions

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 25th, 2012, 19:45   #1
Knocturnal

Echo1 ER25K - Would like peoples opinions

First off, this will be my first airsoft gun. I was originally looking at a bolt action sniper rifle, though I gave it some thought and figured I might as well go for an AEG so I can just slap on different accessories depending on how I want to play. So I went ahead and got the E1 ER25K with a 3-9x40 scope, and bipod. Since I purchased my gear for Evike, well it is taking some time to arrive, so I have used the time to research airsoft mechanics, down to the internals of these guns. However, there are mixed opinions regarding Echo1, so I find it hard to decide if I have made a good choice... DID I make a wrong decision? What should I expect of this rifle? What would have been a better alternative when considering a similar price range?
Knocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 19:55   #2
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocturnal View Post
First off, this will be my first airsoft gun. I was originally looking at a bolt action sniper rifle, though I gave it some thought and figured I might as well go for an AEG so I can just slap on different accessories depending on how I want to play. So I went ahead and got the E1 ER25K with a 3-9x40 scope, and bipod. Since I purchased my gear for Evike, well it is taking some time to arrive, so I have used the time to research airsoft mechanics, down to the internals of these guns. However, there are mixed opinions regarding Echo1, so I find it hard to decide if I have made a good choice... DID I make a wrong decision? What should I expect of this rifle? What would have been a better alternative when considering a similar price range?
Depending on what side of the CDN border that you are on, the first few wrong decisions, might just not be about the gun itself.

First of all, Evike doesn't have a very good reputation as far as retailers go - either in the US, or in Canada, online and even in their storefront - secondly, unless they've got their ducks in a row as far as Customs and FPS standards/documentation goes, it might get seized coming into Canada.

Good luck..

Last edited by HackD; June 25th, 2012 at 19:58..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:03   #3
Knocturnal

I'm located in Quebec. I couldn't find many stores that shipped to Canada in the first place. I contacted a CSBC agent and was told that there shouldn't be any problems with importing the airsoft gun, briefly, replica with > 370fps but < 500fps. Can you elaborate on Evike's "reputation"?
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:08   #4
HackD

Shouldn't be a problem IF documentation is in order showing that it does indeed shoot within that range. Otherwise it ends up in CBSA's testing purgatory until it gets tested, taking somewhere between 3 months and a year.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ike+reputation

Last edited by HackD; June 25th, 2012 at 20:10..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:11   #5
Raskas
formerly Someone110

It may also be worth mentioning Echo 1 rebreands low-end Chinese AEGs, so unless you can drop it off at a gundoc every once in a while, don't count on it lasting the year.

As far as a bolt-action is concerned, it should hold up okay, just try to avoid getting mad when mid-range AEGs put plastic downrange with more consistency. Echo 1 is cheap and all, but this is one of those hobbies where you really do get what you pay for. With a bit of work it can be made a monster, but for the cash it'll take to upgrade you'd be better off saving for something better. (Bolt-action not being my area of expertise, so your mileage may vary taking my advice, though most people swear by their Marui VSR-10s, if you've got the cheddar for one)
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:26   #6
Knocturnal

I have been reading about Echo1's re branding. I figured for the price it couldn't be all that bad since it is give or take $100 more than any other sr25 model.
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:39   #7
Foxer2373

If you are not a gun doc do not buy am sr25 plain and simple. They are all proprietary parts inside and nothing is standard and anything that is standard is mixed between L85 parts PSG1 length parts. And parts only echo 1 makes. Also echo 1 has no midcaps only high caps.

I have an A&K sr25k and 6 months and 800$ I'm parts finally shooting the way I want it to. If you want a carbine go M4 if you want a DMR get a high end M14 if you are dead set on an sr25 just think about after purchase cost is all I'm saying.

Also if you are looking on evoke then yes echo one is the most expensive but actually it goes echo1, A&K, Ares, G&P and G&P urx.
Foxer2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:41   #8
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskas View Post
It may also be worth mentioning Echo 1 rebreands low-end Chinese AEGs, so unless you can drop it off at a gundoc every once in a while, don't count on it lasting the year.

As far as a bolt-action is concerned, it should hold up okay, just try to avoid getting mad when mid-range AEGs put plastic downrange with more consistency. Echo 1 is cheap and all, but this is one of those hobbies where you really do get what you pay for. With a bit of work it can be made a monster, but for the cash it'll take to upgrade you'd be better off saving for something better. (Bolt-action not being my area of expertise, so your mileage may vary taking my advice, though most people swear by their Marui VSR-10s, if you've got the cheddar for one)
While what you said was true, the gun in question IS an AEG.
GSK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 20:50   #9
Knocturnal

I have read that Echo1 is actually a rebrand of A&K but, the branded parts go through Echo1 quality testing, hence, reducing the chance of getting a lemon which is common among A&K. There are also a few different internal parts from one to the other that apparently make the Echo1 harder to customize but tend to be better quality, or at least for some Echo1 parts.

::EDIT:: Sorry, I wrote A&K re brand, where in fact it is a JG re brand. ::EDIT::

Last edited by Knocturnal; June 25th, 2012 at 21:00..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank