Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Post your PLA loadouts

:

Name this Continent... ASIA!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 1st, 2011, 16:42   #136
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Most of the time its just a flat rate fee for the day. I'd say it can go from $20-$40 on top of the $20+ for game fees
If 10 games=$200-$400 which is enough for a basic grade airsoft rifle/smg, I guess it would make sense. But I've heard basic grade airsoft is pretty hard to resell.

By the way, does anyone know how PLA carry their QBU-88 mags? They seem quite a bit bigger than the QBZ-95 mags and I'm not sure if they keep them in certain types of tactical vests or something else.
__________________
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 01:16   #137
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
If 10 games=$200-$400 which is enough for a basic grade airsoft rifle/smg, I guess it would make sense. But I've heard basic grade airsoft is pretty hard to resell.

By the way, does anyone know how PLA carry their QBU-88 mags? They seem quite a bit bigger than the QBZ-95 mags and I'm not sure if they keep them in certain types of tactical vests or something else.
M14 or AK pouches should work fine
__________________
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:53   #138
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank
 
T@NK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scarborough
m14 pouch should be fine, AK pouch would be too deep to reach. The PLA have their special designed molle pouch for type 88 mags.
__________________
T@NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 23:33   #139
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
m14 pouch should be fine, AK pouch would be too deep to reach. The PLA have their special designed molle pouch for type 88 mags.
If that's the case, do you have any recommendations for tactical vests? Generally speaking I want to try to stay as true to the PLA's loadout as possible. However, I'm pretty sure I don't have contacts in China to secure said specially designed molle pouches or even their Type 06 vest. (That is, unless someone here can rectify that ^_^). As an alternative, I know they have used different types of vests in the past (like the crossdraw vest) for photo-ops. That being said, what do you guys recommend?

For your troubles, the PLA gears I have so far.









P.S. Cosplayers can be airsofters too~ ^____^;
__________________
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 23:45   #140
kaiu
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Cosplayers aren't airsofters until they play, until then they are generally referred to as chairsofters.

BTW, nice gear!
I would probably consider a full finger glove, since getting shot in the nails without them kinda sucks haha. Up to you though...

Anyways, just get a kraken (paint it) or a cyma ak to start if you really are on a tight budget and start playing! You can use this as your back-up or loaner gun after you have enough to get your QBU-88.

Go sign up for Operation Rhino to meet tons of people at once too. It is in July, you got lots of time to get the rest of the stuff you need by then.

Last edited by kaiu; June 2nd, 2011 at 23:47..
kaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 00:03   #141
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiu View Post
Cosplayers aren't airsofters until they play, until then they are generally referred to as chairsofters.

BTW, nice gear!
I would probably consider a full finger glove, since getting shot in the nails without them kinda sucks haha. Up to you though...

Anyways, just get a kraken (paint it) or a cyma ak to start if you really are on a tight budget and start playing! You can use this as your back-up or loaner gun after you have enough to get your QBU-88.

Go sign up for Operation Rhino to meet tons of people at once too. It is in July, you got lots of time to get the rest of the stuff you need by then.
How am I going to get there? o_O

I've never driven in highways by myself, and uh.... are there even buses to that place?

Edit: I just realized its in July, not in June as I've read incorrectly. That gives me plenty of time to plan. ^^ Anyways, any carpool would be great, and if I get my gear ready to go, I'll sign up for the Russian team. I'll hang with you guys if that's not a problem, and yeah....
__________________

Last edited by Cifyra; June 3rd, 2011 at 00:20..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 00:27   #142
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical
 
Cobrajr122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NB
I agree with Kaiu,

get some that is cheap - but good - and get out to games!
You can more then likely find a carpool out to rhino, I'll see yeah there.

Very impressive kit, rain suit is awesome.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 00:33   #143
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
Iskaryot. I must say, impressive loadout.

Kraken, Cyma, MP5, I've seen alot of cheap ass stuff on the classifieds, and retail stores. Just start checking them out
__________________
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:41   #144
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
@^ Thanks.

Actually, I might consider getting a decent quality MP5 AEG that I could re-sell later if I choose. I know PLA armories probably have a couple of those considering the fact that Type-05 and MP5 have tons of interchangeable parts, Norinco makes them, and Chengdu swat (perhaps among other divisions in PAP/PLA) uses them. I might end up keeping it for a CQB gun when QBU-88 comes out.

Also, is the crossdraw vest magazine pouches on the chest removable for other molle magazine pouches, say... ones for M14?
__________________
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:34   #145
T@NK
a.k.a. wingmantank
 
T@NK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scarborough
PLA Armories don't have any mp5 or their clone variant,Type-05 and MP5 have 0 interchangeable part, PAP/SWAT might use mp5, but not the PLA
__________________
T@NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:35   #146
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@NK View Post
PLA Armories don't have any mp5 or their clone variant,Type-05 and MP5 have 0interchangeable part
Hold on let me find the source, you can notify whoever wrote the article and send them a message.

Edit: According to wikipedia, JS 9mm (export/police variant of QCW-05) have interchangeable magazines with the MP5. I'm still trying to find the article with interchangeable internal parts.

Truth to be told, that doesn't offset the fact that MP5 is up there along with my other favorite SMGs such as MP7 and QCW-05. I still might get it just for the ease of reselling a popular gun. Another gun I'm eye-ing is the QBZ-97B.

But in the end, nothing is set in stone until I actually make the purchase, so I'll wait till I get re-AV'd sometime soon and check out the classified first. I am still not rich so I'll have to make the decision carefully =P
__________________

Last edited by Cifyra; June 3rd, 2011 at 02:54..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:49   #147
sortie39
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary AB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
If that's the case, do you have any recommendations for tactical vests? Generally speaking I want to try to stay as true to the PLA's loadout as possible. However, I'm pretty sure I don't have contacts in China to secure said specially designed molle pouches or even their Type 06 vest. (That is, unless someone here can rectify that ^_^). As an alternative, I know they have used different types of vests in the past (like the crossdraw vest) for photo-ops. That being said, what do you guys recommend?

For your troubles, the PLA gears I have so far.









P.S. Cosplayers can be airsofters too~ ^____^;
where'd u get these?
the pack?
sortie39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:10   #148
Kingsix
 
Kingsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Peoples Republic of Toronto
http://www.royaltigergear.com/produc...roducts_id=976

Probably Royaltiger
__________________
Kingsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 14:38   #149
Cifyra
Iskaryot
 
Cifyra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mississauga/Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sortie39 View Post
where'd u get these?
the pack?
The pack is from Royal tiger I think, or honesty-honesty. One of the two. It's not the large one Kingsix linked to, but a smaller one that's the size of a regular backpack.

The rest, I bought from honesty-honesty. His catalog is quite extensive. Tho how many are replicas, how many are PLA gear, you'd probably have to ask him.
__________________

Last edited by Cifyra; June 3rd, 2011 at 14:41..
Cifyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 15:18   #150
Short Round
Najohn
 
Short Round's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SkyDome
MP5's are used by Swats all over China (Including Hong Kong etc etc) That is a known fact. However, the amount used is not very high.

I would not doubt that the PLA use MP5's here and there, however I doubt you will ever be able to find a video, photo, statement etc etc that notes its usage. It's just a big enough number to be documented.

This is airsoft, not cosplay, you don't have to have everything exact. If you want to be like that then by all means, but I'd sudgest saving up and start searching for buy REAL loadout gear and not replicas.

For now just get a damn gun, make sure it works well, get out to play, get experience then worry about eveyrthing else
__________________
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Name this Continent... ASIA!

Bookmarks
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
Airsoft Depot

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.