Thread: CYMA MP5-J
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2007, 20:39   #6
Drake
E-01

First off, you may want to do us the courtesy of filling out your profile so we know where you're from and stuff; your options, and pricing, will vary greatly from country to country.

That being said, I'll assume you're from Canada, and if that is indeed the case, I'll say Stay Away From The Cyma.

The old adage "You get what you pay for" still holds true, but in Canada you'll actually get a lot less than what you paid for: these guns go for about $30 in the US, and for $30 (~C$45) you can't really complain much, and you probably do get what you paid for (more or less a disposable MP5 that'll last you a couple of games).

In Canada however, the only place I know that sells those shitty LPEGs is BuyAirsoft, and they're charging $230 for it.

I don't really know how BuyAirsoft can justify the astronomical markup when a quality gun that goes for $350 US sells for under $500 in Canada. Or maybe they can legitimately justify it, I don't really give a shit, cuz the bottom line is the CYMA isn't worth that much either way.

Cheap guns may be alluring, especially if you're on a limited budget, but considering you can find decent quality used guns for $350-400 -- that's barely $100 more than what you'd pay for the CYMA junker -- it's really not worth it; don't waste your money on something that'll break or otherwise disappoint you.