View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2012, 20:43   #42
Kingsix

I had a client who had his mechbox stuck in his lower receiver. After a little bit of poking around I managed to get the mechbox out with light taps on a flat head screwdriver with a hammer.

Turns out the Owner opened up the mechbox and in the process of closing her up didn't tighten every screw. Because the screw was sticking out the mechbox wouldn't go into the receiver. The gun owner thought it was a good ideal to use a hammer instead of looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Long story short Screw head was bent and caused the mechbox to get stuck.

Hopefully I'll get more guns for this gun so I can get good at gundoc work.

One Client had me move a pin on a Type 89 gear from one side to the other. All the did was tap it with a Flat-head Screwdriver and hammer. Easiest gundoc job I've done thus far.

Another client I have initially thought soldering was twisting two wires together and using heat-shrink tubing to seal the connection. He is also impervious to my attempts to teach him to solder.

The Soviet optic plate on my RPK is held on by PL premium. The aluminium was too soft for the screws and my Massive Fuckoff nightvision scope was yanking the screws out of the receiver. The Rail is now on tight and I can even cary the whole gun around by using the scope as a carry handle. Mark me impressed with PL Premium construction glue.