Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Accessories Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   thinking of buying Tracer unit (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=184822)

Amos October 14th, 2017 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromey (Post 2012347)
Actech Is clearly Better then the 1st Gen TM.
Im able to track BBs to 200'

No one other than cave-dwelling protohumans would compare something to a 1st gen TM tracer unit.... Those things haven't been on the world market for like 10 years...

A proper comparison would be the 2nd gen unit to the Acetech ones.

devbro October 14th, 2017 19:29

I heard Actech was made by xcortech ex-engineers. that alone gives it a boost in my list. for now I am inclined to get x3300w system. at least i get a few gimmicks extras for my $$

Styrak October 15th, 2017 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromey (Post 2012347)
Actech Is clearly Better then the 1st Gen TM.
Im able to track BBs to 200'

Who buys the first gen TM? They haven't even been available for probably 8-10 years.

BobbyDangerous October 18th, 2017 22:55

I just grabbed some cheap action Army or something from Hero. I don’t know wh makes it it was like $60. Works like a charm.

Chromey October 24th, 2017 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrak (Post 2012356)
Who buys the first gen TM? They haven't even been available for probably 8-10 years.

Well I bought it, and it was the only one around 5years ago when I was looking.

tdotsofter October 24th, 2017 11:24

Acetech would hold up well with GBBR recoil shock? Looking for a tracer for my ghk 74u aswell!

coreysmith February 26th, 2018 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipunero (Post 2011153)
With indoor lighting like Siege, you can still see the bb fly, but not in the areas where it is more well lit.

Unless it's the dark of night or lights off, you're better off using a flashlight to track your bb's indoor if the lighting is better than dusk.

I just played at siege today with the acetech at1000 and no matter where i shot i can see the bbs glowing perfectly

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Katipunero February 26th, 2018 11:53

Reading this again is sparking some renewed interest in running tracer again for indoor game play.

However, I have seen someone modify their tracer unit by chopping the can in half; effectively separating the battery compartment and the photo strobe unit, then running the batteries to a PEQ-style box.

This is something I would definitely want to try, as the only reason I wouldn't run tracer indoors is the extra length in front of my rifle that I wouldn't want manipulating my rifle in CQB.

Anybody know who has done this? I can't recall who it was at Siege that I saw that had this done on their tracer unit. He was running it on a pistol too.

devbro March 1st, 2018 11:38

playing with tracers is awesome. I actually like watching where the bbs go

Kurmit905 January 28th, 2019 12:24

I have an xcortech Tracer unit with built-in Chrono and BB counter and it comes with a mosfet if you're interested 120 or best offer

Styrak February 6th, 2019 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipunero (Post 2018340)
Reading this again is sparking some renewed interest in running tracer again for indoor game play.

However, I have seen someone modify their tracer unit by chopping the can in half; effectively separating the battery compartment and the photo strobe unit, then running the batteries to a PEQ-style box.

This is something I would definitely want to try, as the only reason I wouldn't run tracer indoors is the extra length in front of my rifle that I wouldn't want manipulating my rifle in CQB.

Anybody know who has done this? I can't recall who it was at Siege that I saw that had this done on their tracer unit. He was running it on a pistol too.

Wouldn't be hard, just have to run the proper voltage to it.

EDIT: Oh wow that comment is a year old.

mouse18 March 24th, 2019 20:04

Serious question for everyone, Why are Tracer BBs hard to find?

Im in ontario, everyone is either sold out or doesn't sell. Toronto Airsoft seems to be one of the only people that has Valken ones in stock for decent pricing.

Anyone know why they are sold out in so many places? Makes me question if i should buy them in bulk

devbro March 25th, 2019 00:00

Tracer BBs show exactly where you are and you can't just shoot 10 in a row. Using them actually makes the game harder to play.

Another reason is the demand. They are too expensive compared to quality bbs plus you need tracer unit.

for indoor play, I prefer to run .20 or .25 for reasons of speed but the lowest tracer bb i have seen is 0.25

Styrak April 3rd, 2019 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouse18 (Post 2063458)
Serious question for everyone, Why are Tracer BBs hard to find?

Im in ontario, everyone is either sold out or doesn't sell. Toronto Airsoft seems to be one of the only people that has Valken ones in stock for decent pricing.

Anyone know why they are sold out in so many places? Makes me question if i should buy them in bulk

http://sasksoftarmoury.ca/index.php?...roducts_id=802


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.