Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Vfc mp7 aeg (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=217081)

EBR-Innis March 26th, 2019 16:07

Vfc mp7 aeg

Doing some research on possibly saving up for this if it does come to Canada later this year or early next year and came across reapers airsoft internals vid and oh man it looks like a damn puzzle of a gear box. Any thoughts and opinions

Gear box take down at 26:30
https://youtu.be/hrxPVhhlmUE

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

hunter1234 March 26th, 2019 16:12

I planned to get this thing as well, as I run a BA now. Been wanting an AEG and this thing looked perfect too bad its not due for sometime. Nonetheless will 100% be purchasing this in the future

Matula March 30th, 2019 17:55

The fps will be too low, sadly...

Drakker March 30th, 2019 17:57

Easily fixed... Don't worry they will get in legally sooner than later.

EBR-Innis March 30th, 2019 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakker (Post 2063712)
Easily fixed... Don't worry they will get in legally sooner than later.

Yeah hope its going to be soon im itching to buy a new gun.

Drakker March 30th, 2019 19:12

If you really need a new gun right now, look at the ASG Scorpion EVO. Feature-wise its the same as the VFC MP7, and its also about the same length. The gun has been on the market for a few years now, so there's tons of parts and upgrades available, its also a lot easier to disassemble and modify.

EBR-Innis March 30th, 2019 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakker (Post 2063714)
If you really need a new gun right now, look at the ASG Scorpion EVO. Feature-wise its the same as the VFC MP7, and its also about the same length. The gun has been on the market for a few years now, so there's tons of parts and upgrades available, its also a lot easier to disassemble and modify.

I've considered it but I wana keep my kit NATO to match my scar.
was thinking about getting the gbbr version but I've seen really mixed reviews on its reliability then I saw that they're releasing an aeg version, fingers crossed it's good

Drakker March 30th, 2019 21:12

If you want a GBB MP7 both the KWA and the Tokyo Marui are great choices. They are not 100% to size though, while the VFC is the right size, but is not super reliable. I'd take the new AEG MP7 over the VFC GBB MP7 too.

Matula March 31st, 2019 11:28

Je suis rendu avec la version BET et le Evo Classique :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakker (Post 2063714)

Matula June 20th, 2019 15:27

I imported one finally.
374 fps here.
Package has been open by Custom.

Drakker June 20th, 2019 16:03

Nice, can't wait to fondle it! You'll let me, right? :)

PurelyEvil June 20th, 2019 17:36

Trigger Airsoft selling TM mp7 aeg
https://triggerairsoft.com/shop/Toky...1-SMG-AEG.html

Freeze June 20th, 2019 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurelyEvil (Post 2067726)

That's not the VFC one.

Matula June 20th, 2019 18:53

I got mine from WGCshop, you cannot find it in Canada yet.

Drakker - j'hĂ©site Ă* l'amener samedi pour la game, j'ai pas de batterie 11.1v assez petite, elles sont en back order.

Mat.

Swattiger June 20th, 2019 18:57

I used to have the TM MP7 AEP, no matter how good it is, the size really restricts it to have a full potential of a AEG.

And it is not as realistic as a GBB, so I finally gave up and bought a TM MP7 GBB.

Drakker June 20th, 2019 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matula (Post 2067730)
I got mine from WGCshop, you cannot find it in Canada yet.

Drakker - j'hĂ©site Ă* l'amener samedi pour la game, j'ai pas de batterie 11.1v assez petite, elles sont en back order.

Mat.

I won't be there next Saturday... What battery size do you need? I might have one lying around...

Matula July 2nd, 2019 08:56

Drakker,

I switched connector to Dean. I had 3 batteries 11.1 1100mah. Worked well at home, but I decided to reduce the FPS to increase the durability of the gun. The MP7 has a quick spring change (Thank God), I cut a linear spring that I machined (no conventional format) for the size of the gearbox. I reinforced the extremes and I now arrive at 336/340 fps. It's perfect, I need nothing more.

Je tape du 27 billes secondes, autant que mes Tokyo Marui High Cycle :)

Drakker July 2nd, 2019 09:45

Nice! How's the range and accuracy?

Matula July 2nd, 2019 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakker (Post 2068070)
Nice! How's the range and accuracy?

Malade, 30 m sans souci en tire simple, en tir groupé tu dois les 40 m avec au moins un betit burst.

Love it :)

Polskadude July 12th, 2019 14:07

This is my first airsoft gun, so I cant really compare to anything except clear Walmart toys and real firearms, but the VFC MP7A1 is pretty sweet, you wouldn't know its airsoft handling it. SOLID. Externals mimic the real deal very well. Comes with MOSFET, and shoots insanely fast. 4-5 seconds to empty the 110 round mag. I should have ordered extra magazines...
Cant comment on accuracy too much, I don't know what the standard is. Uses 11.1 LiPo, very small battery compartment over the barrel.

Eye Candy
https://i.imgur.com/2H9Lh6Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qUxCuNN.jpg

Freeze July 12th, 2019 17:38

Where the heck are you guys getting these???

I haven't even seen a retailer set these for pre order yet.

Polskadude July 12th, 2019 18:30

USA.

Spengler July 13th, 2019 15:31

Oh damn, I know what's next on my want list.

Drakker July 13th, 2019 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2068459)

Turns out its easy to get them to shoot over 366.

Ratters July 14th, 2019 13:33

VFC dealers

Bottom line, we need more dealers bringing in VFC guns and accoutrements. Very nice quality imo

JKxWKW July 16th, 2019 11:20

I need it! Hopefully some Canadian retailer get some in.

Matula July 17th, 2019 22:50

Check with the international retailers for now. I got mine from WGCshop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2068459)

ValaskaAirsoft July 19th, 2019 21:54

Proprietary, hard to upgrade, hard to fix... go with the MP7 GBB instead!

JaccKrowe July 24th, 2019 02:23

So, got my hands on one. Have to admit I'm a little disappointed in a few things. The quality of the plastic. The KWA feels much nicer in the hand. This thing is surprisingly light, which I'll play a few games before deciding whether it's a good or bad. The mock bolt is comically underwhelming, I don't like the iron sights even a little bit, and I'm annoyed I had to order rails separately.

Despite that, the trigger response is great, it's a 1:1 scale MP7 with 110rd no winding no gas magazines. Color me onboard.

I chrono'd it myself and despite being imported and having been recorded at 400fps by RWA, it's reading sub 350fps w/ a .20. So either my chrono's broken which would suck, or it's somehow dropped a full 50 FPS from being transported? I'm not complaining because if it's the case I'll be able to play it out of the box but I find this an oddity.

The battery space with a small 11.1v is enough but you have to be smart with the cords, it can be surprisingly frustrating to fish them out.

Ultimately whether or not it's worth will come down to how much you want a 1:1 scale MP7 AEG because as I understand it, you can find better performance, externals, and modularity for cheaper.

Polskadude July 24th, 2019 08:20

Spare mags arrived!

https://i.imgur.com/ruwHVXC.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaccKrowe (Post 2068848)
I don't like the iron sights even a little bit

Why not? They work in the folded position, if you have a open optic mount and also flip up to co-witness height. Not bad in my opinion, I've definitely used crappier backup sights.

Quote:

I chrono'd it myself and despite being imported and having been recorded at 400fps by RWA, it's reading sub 350fps w/ a .20. So either my chrono's broken which would suck, or it's somehow dropped a full 50 FPS from being transported? I'm not complaining because if it's the case I'll be able to play it out of the box but I find this an oddity.

Chron'ed at 355 fps with .20, not my chrono so I don't know how accurate it is.

Quote:

The battery space with a small 11.1v is enough but you have to be smart with the cords, it can be surprisingly frustrating to fish them out.

Single cell 11.1 1100mAh fits, but the 1200mAh double cell wont. They recommend a 11.1 900mAh.

Matula July 24th, 2019 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polskadude (Post 2068852)
Spare mags arrived!

Chron'ed at 355 fps with .20, not my chrono so I don't know how accurate it is.

Did you change the spring yourself? I took a SHS M120 that I cut myself to adjust the FPS. I played 2 games with it, I am at 330fps, perfect FPS with 27bbs second (lipo 11.1 1100mha).

Polskadude July 24th, 2019 08:37

I did not change the spring. All factory internals.

What magazine pouches are ppl running?

Freeze July 24th, 2019 09:36

Lucky you guys... Meanwhile CBSA still looking at my gun from January....

And MP7 specific pouches exist.

Polskadude July 24th, 2019 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2068855)

I’ve seen the condor ones online, in the USA. I’ll order those if I can’t find anything better.
Anyone seen taco style MP7 pouches? Brand? Link?

Freeze July 24th, 2019 11:00

Honestly I think when I get the MP7 I'm also going to just get a Haley D3CR with SMG inserts too.

Matula July 24th, 2019 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2068855)
Lucky you guys... Meanwhile CBSA still looking at my gun from January....

Mine was 375/380fps, CBSA opened the box and tested the AEG. I was really clear with WGC shop, gun must shoot more than 366fps. By the way, the MP7 has a quick spring change by the way.

JaccKrowe July 27th, 2019 19:23

Haven't touched it, completely stock and it's shooting CQB legal. I don't know and I'm not gonna worry about it.

One more frustration I noticed. When firing full auto it's easy to push up on the fire selector with the knuckle of your thumb, and it doesn't CLICK to the Semi Auto spot, but it does switch the gun to Semi Auto interrupting your burst. I don't know if this is just mine, but I don't think the process of back and forth with Redwolf is going to be too kind to me if this happens to be a lemon, and if not then it's something to be aware of and maybe look into a fix.

Not a problem to me because I can't imagine going outdoor with this thing, and my field does a semi auto restriction, but a fix in a few of these areas would make our Canadian price tags be a little more stomachable.

I can get envious of my friend's Kriss, which has a spring de compressor, and battery cutoff on its safety, but maybe there just isn't enough space in the MP7 for those kinds of features anyway.

Again, a full scale MP7 AEG, I was onboard from the get go. But this thing is far from perfect and in my opinion there's enough here to consider and reconsider a purchase at our Canadian prices.

JKxWKW July 29th, 2019 19:35

Just ordered mine, would a 1100 11.1 suffice or should I get the 900 that they recommend?

Polskadude July 29th, 2019 20:31

1100 11.1 single cell battery will fit. But it’s tight.

JKxWKW July 31st, 2019 19:47

just got mine, yea 1100 is a really tight fit, wouldn't recommend trying that size, ill have to order the 900mah one.

p0nch3 August 1st, 2019 09:30

Can anyone comment on the size of the rifle? is it closer to the KWA size or the VFC/real steel one?

BioRage August 1st, 2019 11:08

Vfc = 1:1

tm/kwa = / = 1:1

Matula August 7th, 2019 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKxWKW (Post 2069032)
Just ordered mine, would a 1100 11.1 suffice or should I get the 900 that they recommend?

I am able to fit the 11.1 1100 without issue. Check online, you have some tutorials to insert the battery.

Mat.

JaccKrowe October 3rd, 2019 22:09

It's hard to make a recommendation for this one, it's expensive.... *really* expensive. And doesn't have a lot of the quality of life features you might hope for at the price; battery cutoff, spring detenser, lipo level detection, hell it's missing the RAILS when you get it. The empty mag detection is pretty great but the paranoia about breaking your mags if you insert them without depressing the follower is a minor inconvenience sure, but a thing nonetheless.

I think the external build quality feels a bit less sturdy than the KWA, and I think the stock sights are worse too. The selector switch also has a habit of getting jostled just a little up by your thumb knuckle and without clicking into place, it'll shift to semi auto. I've already mentioned I dunno if this is common, or just mine but it happens, and it isn't a big deal for me, but it'd be nice if it wasn't true at all. Apparently the hopups have a tendency to rip after a couple thousand rounds through. Mine's fine but I'm keeping my eye on it.

I've mentioned all of this before, and I'm doing so again because I also wanna say holy hell do I love this thing.

It works perfectly for my local field, snappy trigger and accurate as hell, it fits my playstyle so well. I've tried a UMP, MP5K, and P90 and I liked things about each of them but this is the gun I'd take if I could only have one.

If you're looking to buy this one, just be aware what you're spending your money on cause it's a lot of damn money.

Also, I know most people have probably figured out their own solutions by now, but Condor MP5 Magazine pouches with the flaps cut off work for me. It's a tight fit but the part of the magazine which goes into the pistol grip will also fit into the pouch. You won't be quickly putting them back into their pouches, but they hold and come out just fine.

Freeze October 4th, 2019 07:07

Don't know if I got a lemon but I managed to break it already.

Piston teeth decided to disassemble itself from the piston. I realized afterwards that it definitely needed AOE correction. Running stock spring, got through 2 mags in semi with maybe 10-15 shots in full auto before it did this.

Currently chatting with VFC about it, first time they've seen this too so far.

JKxWKW October 4th, 2019 11:19

If you run a spiritus micro or something that can take inserts, you can look into the twinfalcon smg inserts for like 15$, they fit 4 mp7 mags perfectly.

I bought a 208mm inner and Maple leaf 60 but haven't had the opportunity to swap them in yet.

Polskadude October 17th, 2019 18:05

Best Magazine pouches that I've found are the ESSTAC KYWI, designed for the CZ Scorpion, but work perfect with the MP7.
They use a Kydex insert for retention.

https://www.esstac.com/product-page/...h-kywi-pouch-1

https://i.imgur.com/MEhRvFo.jpg

cbcsteve January 24th, 2020 16:47

For those who have owned the VFC MP7 AEG for quite some time.

Any issues thus far? I've heard those who have downgraded their spring to shoot around 330 FPS on 0.20g haven't run into any breakages.

Matula January 24th, 2020 19:54

Perso mine was fine, no problem except with one mag (feeding issue, spring problem).
But again, it's me and I downgraded the spring to be sure I was not stressing the gears.

Freeze January 25th, 2020 10:30

I got less than 3 mags out of mine before it shat the fan.

I even downgraded the spring to get it shooting 340 ish.

Has been at a techs ever since waiting on parts...

I'm definitely going to be selling it off once I get it back.

Matula January 25th, 2020 11:05

The big problem is coming from the proprietary parts.
Where did you get your MP7? No warranty?

Perso, I imported myself from WGCshop (HK).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2073729)
I got less than 3 mags out of mine before it shat the fan.

I even downgraded the spring to get it shooting 340 ish.

Has been at a techs ever since waiting on parts...

I'm definitely going to be selling it off once I get it back.

Freeze January 25th, 2020 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matula (Post 2073730)
The big problem is coming from the proprietary parts.
Where did you get your MP7? No warranty?

Perso, I imported myself from WGCshop (HK).

Airsoft Depot. Their customer service is less than stellar let's just say.

Matula January 25th, 2020 15:50

What was the issue exactly? I pretty sure you can contact WGCshop or RedWolf to get the part or directly with VFC, they are really good on warranty issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2073731)
Airsoft Depot. Their customer service is less than stellar let's just say.

Freeze January 28th, 2020 08:14

Ended up getting the parts direct from vfc but man I'm not having a good experience right now.

kyle milliken January 30th, 2020 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2073788)
Ended up getting the parts direct from vfc but man I'm not having a good experience right now.

From what the vfc owner's page says no one is. Well it's nice to have small form factor AEG's, vfc has a lot of quality issues with the design.

I'm guessing one of the parts that broke was the gear with all the plastic on one side?

Freeze January 30th, 2020 11:38

Gears are fine. Piston exploded and one of the microswitchchip bits did too.

kyle milliken January 30th, 2020 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeze (Post 2073846)
Gears are fine. Piston exploded and one of the microswitchchip bits did too.

oof, piston, thats not a common one but the micro switches break like crazy from what the vfc page says. now that you got the parts hopefully you'll get it up and running

cbcsteve January 31st, 2020 10:18

Looks like from the Facebook VFC Owner's Group. One of the more common problems is this plastic piece on the gear that engages the Piston.

If your gun still functions and shoots but BBs are not feeding. It is most likely that little plastic piece got cracked in two. You purchase can apparently purchase them from VFC directly.

https://i.imgur.com/AjzfAfY.png

cbcsteve February 4th, 2020 12:41

VFC MP7 AEG Replacement Parts

For those looking for parts to replace whatever breaks in this too early of a release VFC MP7 AEG. You can email VFC's customer service and they will send you a PayPal link and a Google form to fillout what parts you need.

BBs not feeding?
It seems part 06-17 has a high chance of breakage. You will know it is broken if you hear a little rattling in your Gearbox and if your gun is shooting but the BBs are not feeding. Make sure to stop test firing at this point cause with that plastic piece from part 06-17 still rattling around it could jam up your gears or break your tappet plate.

BestFriend Kev March 11th, 2020 17:44

I've actually always wanted to own one but they are super expensive.

Matula March 11th, 2020 21:26

Proprietary VFC/Umarex = Expensive.

Perso, I like it, but due to the lack of generic part, I would recommend going on a Scorpion Evo if you want an SMG for the price. You will get a better quality built with a crazy MOSFET and more reliable. The MP7 was just an emotional move from my side. I do not regret it, but I really encourage you to lower the FPS to remove gearbox tension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestFriend Kev (Post 2074807)

Freeze March 12th, 2020 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BestFriend Kev (Post 2074807)

Find one used. I'm surprised more people aren't dumping the gun tbh. I'll be moving mine with 4 mags for just north of half a grand once I've got it back from the gun tech. I've had just about enough bad memories of it now.