Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Accessories Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Weapon lights for Glocks. (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=176189)

Cassius! February 6th, 2016 13:53

Weapon lights for Glocks.

I'm planning on getting a weapon light for my Glock 18c.
I wanted a light that's length is Flush/near the same length of the barrel and slide so nothing that sticks out too much (mainly for aesthetic reasons) but there doesn't seem to be many clear choices. The Glock 19 has the surefire XC1 but there's nothing for the Glock 17/18C size pistol.

So I'm currently looking into weapon lights that do poke out a bit as there's many and there are loads of reviews.
I'm debating between a X300 style/clone light or the new SBAL-PL light.
There aren't many reviews for the new SBAL-PL so if any of you own or have experience with one, please comment as I think it looks best (+ the added laser is a benefit).

Any other recommendations for a weapon light that complements a full size Glock?

Thanks.

hattrick February 6th, 2016 17:28

Check out the streamlight tlr-3

I've owned a few tlr products, I was very happy with all of them. I consider them the best 'bang for buck' torches on the market.

Cassius! February 6th, 2016 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by hattrick (Post 1970772)
Check out the streamlight tlr-3

I've owned a few tlr products, I was very happy with all of them. I consider them the best 'bang for buck' torches on the market.

In the UK, it's around £100 or just over $200 CAD.
I don't have that sort of budget so I'm looking into clones /replicas of real weapon lights. Got half that budget, so $100 CAD.

hattrick February 6th, 2016 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassius! (Post 1970774)
I don't have that sort of budget so I'm looking into clones /replicas of real weapon lights. Got half that budget, so $100 CAD.

shame, its worth every penny. Clone lights have always been trash in my books :\

-=ArchAngel=- February 6th, 2016 18:01

inForce APL gen2. A popular RS pistol that is considered a decent affordable option (for RS at least). Avoid gen1. They had a QD lever that shake loose in certain situations.

amano999 February 6th, 2016 19:48

The streamlined tlr are the best for me. The surefire is nice but very pricey. If u but the tlr 1 u can get then for 140 maybe if Ur save and it's a really good light. I have few replica one and at 70 plus I wish I had just more streamlines.

Azathoth February 7th, 2016 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassius! (Post 1970774)

Streamlight TLR-1 or TLR-1s, Inforce WML are also budget friendly.

At approximately 100CAD, it's better to add another 20-50 dollars CAD and buy a commercial grade Real deal weapon light like the streamlight / inforce.

The repros, are incredibly expensive for what you are getting.

Since you are in the UK, you can try the local military forums in North America or Europe for weapon lights, get one used for your budget.

Cassius! February 7th, 2016 16:44

Hmm… I considered an Inforce light, complements Glocks well.
However most real weapon lights developed for pistols have premium prices in the UK, as few ever get imported as its near impossible for any civilian to get ahold of any handgun.
I would get a used Streamlight or Inforce but there doesn't seem to be any in the UK markets. I'll keep my eyes open in the next few days but I might jump towards getting the SBAL-PL clone.

woodman February 8th, 2016 08:48

pistol woodengrips

surefire series maybe looks great on your glock?

BioRage February 8th, 2016 09:20

X300 and X300V look boss on glocks imo!

I had a TLR-1, bit to big for my liking!

Bigload February 14th, 2016 16:24

RE: We G17 Gen3,

I am having trouble installing pistol lights on to the said gun, the rail seems a little fat, is it my light or my G17 that's giving me grief?

Azathoth February 15th, 2016 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassius! (Post 1970833)
Hmm… I considered an Inforce light, complements Glocks well.
However most real weapon lights developed for pistols have premium prices in the UK, as few ever get imported as its near impossible for any civilian to get ahold of any handgun.
I would get a used Streamlight or Inforce but there doesn't seem to be any in the UK markets. I'll keep my eyes open in the next few days but I might jump towards getting the SBAL-PL clone.

Try continental Europe,

Poland, Germany and the Scandinavian countries have lots of retailers of tactical gear, and their are healthy tactical communities in those countries with forums etc where you can find used gear. Language barrier maybe an issue.

Failing that go to the US military forums or 'survivalist' forums for used gear.

Magnaroth March 10th, 2016 18:04

Anyone have experience with the Clone Inforce APLs? I've been thinking of getting an APL for my glock, and wouldn't be opposed to saving a few bucks if it's decent.

Kungpow March 11th, 2016 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnaroth (Post 1974053)
Anyone have experience with the Clone Inforce APLs? I've been thinking of getting an APL for my glock, and wouldn't be opposed to saving a few bucks if it's decent.

I would buy the real thing. Better resale value, decent warranty and from what I heard from Inforce lights good quality. Streamlight TLR-1s are pretty affordable too.

EOD Steve March 11th, 2016 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnaroth (Post 1974053)

Don't do it - I've had about 20 repro weaponlights go through my hands. 3 of them are now completely dead. 1's wiring simply came apart (dead). and the other ones have resale values so low it's simply not worth it.

The cost difference between the knockoff and real deal is negligible over the lifetime of the light - you can simply amortize the added cost of the real deal over the difference in lifetime over the repro.