Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Airsoft Guns Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Realsword is to Norinco as Izmash is to Izmash (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=142957)

Brian McIlmoyle October 15th, 2012 14:20

question still unanswered.. are they using real AK receivers? because if so.. it's prohibited in Canada

SuperCriollo October 15th, 2012 14:30

If they are using Cyma gearboxes or other TM compatible, probably not.

Brian McIlmoyle October 15th, 2012 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCriollo (Post 1714175)
If they are using Cyma gearboxes or other TM compatible, probably not.

probably is not for certain..


Id rather not buy one of these things and then have the RCMP tactical unit kick down my door and bust me for possession of a prohibited firearm.

They did exactly that when the China made BB guns were mistakenly permitted for import with re-manufactured type 56 receivers.

kullwarrior October 15th, 2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1714171)
question still unanswered.. are they using real AK receivers? because if so.. it's prohibited in Canada

AFAIK Any Ver III gearbox will have to gut out extensively to the point there's not much left (material wise) inside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo (Post 1714013)
how would they clone a PTW internals? Systema doesn't make AKs. the MP5 and M4s use similar parts, but they are not all interchangeable. an AEG MP5 & M4 both share the V2 gearbox, where as an AK can only fit a V3, so a PTWish system would have to be designed to fit inside those dimension.

Cloning does NOT mean you do copy, paste. I'm talking about stealing an idea. PTW Hop-up System, PTW Gearbox, motor (please fix the issue though), cylinder etc.
It's not impossible.

Brian McIlmoyle October 15th, 2012 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kullwarrior (Post 1714180)
AFAIK Any Ver III gearbox will have to gut out extensively to the point there's not much left (material wise) inside.
.

if it starts it's life as an AK receiver.. it does not matter how much it's modified.. it's always an AK receiver as far as the RCMP is concerned.

Gato October 15th, 2012 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle (Post 1714177)
probably is not for certain..


Id rather not buy one of these things and then have the RCMP tactical unit kick down my door and bust me for possession of a prohibited firearm.

They did exactly that when the China made BB guns were mistakenly permitted for import with re-manufactured type 56 receivers.

Yeah, the same people brought us the Type 97 fiasco. I highly doubt they're using real recievers, but as you state, doubt isn't fact. I'd also like some clarification on this.

kullwarrior October 15th, 2012 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gato (Post 1714245)
Yeah, the same people brought us the Type 97 fiasco. I highly doubt they're using real recievers, but as you state, doubt isn't fact. I'd also like some clarification on this.

If it is, I really wonder how if the Russian government will prevent export.

WWPierre November 16th, 2012 20:01

I would pay a grand for one of these. Even though I have two perfectly good AKs already. The cachet is worth it. I doubt it would ever drop in value. A Timex keeps as good time as a Rolex, but people still buy Rolex.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.