Airsoft Canada

Airsoft Canada (https://airsoftcanada.com/forums.php)
-   Accessories Discussion (https://airsoftcanada.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   thinking of buying Tracer unit (https://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=184822)

devbro September 12th, 2017 16:16

thinking of buying Tracer unit

All in all I am very curious to get one for the next game I will go to. I do play indoor exclusively for forseeble future which may change next year. The more important for me is to be able to use it indoor with normal lighting, specifically at Toronto Arenas(Siege or Ultimate airsoft).

At this point I have two tracer units in mind:
1. AceTech tracer: It is apparently very bright and can light up bbs to make them visible in normal room lighting

2. G&G MIT tracer: Aside from the obvious tracer function, it comes with shot counter and chrono which can be very handy. If it is as bright as AceTech I do not mind the price.

What do you guys and gals think? Which one should I go for?

Katipunero September 12th, 2017 16:31

Just bought a G&G myself recently, but not the MIT version.

Works well. I bought it just to see how it held up to the recoil of my GBBR's and it's holding surprisingly well.

Only downside is that it's a huge can. It's like 8 inches, and I predominantly play indoor as well and I can't see myself running an extra 8 in front of my rifle.

My PDW, maybe, but even on 10.5" barrel M4's or SCAR it's just too much up front for CQB (at least for me) to manipulate and negotiate without it smacking on the floor from primary to secondary, or even trying to aim/hide through windows/structures.

But overall, I'm happy with it and I would definitely run it outdoor at night.

Danke September 12th, 2017 19:12

They're fun.

They really let you view how a hopup works.

devbro September 13th, 2017 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipunero (Post 2011127)
Just bought a G&G myself recently, but not the MIT version.

Works well. I bought it just to see how it held up to the recoil of my GBBR's and it's holding surprisingly well.

Only downside is that it's a huge can. It's like 8 inches, and I predominantly play indoor as well and I can't see myself running an extra 8 in front of my rifle.

My PDW, maybe, but even on 10.5" barrel M4's or SCAR it's just too much up front for CQB (at least for me) to manipulate and negotiate without it smacking on the floor from primary to secondary, or even trying to aim/hide through windows/structures.

But overall, I'm happy with it and I would definitely run it outdoor at night.

Have you shoot during the day or indoor lighting? Can you still see the bbs flying ?

Amos September 13th, 2017 01:13

Someone who has experience, how does the gen 2 TM tracer compare to the ACETEC one?

Katipunero September 13th, 2017 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by devbro (Post 2011150)
Have you shoot during the day or indoor lighting? Can you still see the bbs flying ?

With indoor lighting like Siege, you can still see the bb fly, but not in the areas where it is more well lit.

Unless it's the dark of night or lights off, you're better off using a flashlight to track your bb's indoor if the lighting is better than dusk.

Chromey September 23rd, 2017 10:26

I have the Actech and a Gen1 TM.
Actech wins by a mile.

Using Bastards if it matters

tylamarre October 8th, 2017 19:57

There's also these types of tracer units if you don't want to extend the length of your gun, though I haven't used them myself.

http://www.evike.com/products/33569/

Styrak October 10th, 2017 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylamarre (Post 2012107)
There's also these types of tracer units if you don't want to extend the length of your gun, though I haven't used them myself.

http://www.evike.com/products/33569/

Compared to barrel mounted.....terrible.

ShelledPants October 10th, 2017 08:18

Small sidetrack, what's the current ruling on importing mock suppressors and tracer units into Canada?

devbro October 10th, 2017 09:44

barrel mounts give the brightest bbs. The other closest thing I have seen is custome made HUTU that has multiple blue LED installed. The problem being, I run mosfet thus I cannot tap into the main battery :(

tylamarre October 10th, 2017 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by devbro (Post 2012149)
barrel mounts give the brightest bbs. The other closest thing I have seen is custome made HUTU that has multiple blue LED installed. The problem being, I run mosfet thus I cannot tap into the main battery :(

I would rather have a dedicated battery anyways, I don't like the idea of my battery constantly draining while it's plugged in. I would store a 9v or small lipo battery in the handgaurd and a pressure switch on the rails.

Horva October 13th, 2017 07:13

I read and heard that better option is Actech, but that is my opinion

Styrak October 13th, 2017 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horva (Post 2012284)
I read and heard that better option is Actech, but that is my opinion

Marui-san best.

Chromey October 14th, 2017 17:34

Actech Is clearly Better then the 1st Gen TM.
Im able to track BBs to 200'